• Announcements

• A. Wong

Saddened by loss of Winnipeg Transit driver   02/15/2017

We are saddened by the loss of Winnipeg Transit driver Irvine (Jubal) Fraser who was attacked while on the job and unfortunately passed away.
      A GoFundMe page has been set up by Winnipeg Transit colleagues to help Fraser's widow and family. We wish to extend our condolences to family and friends affected by this tragic event. View CBC News Article: Man charged with murder in attack on Winnipeg Transit driver
    • A. Wong

Upcoming Server Move   02/18/2017

Hello everyone! Please be advised that CPTDB and CPTDB Wiki will be unavailable starting the evening of February 25, 2017. We will be moving to another server. Users will be unable to view or post content during this time. We expect it to be up sometime on Feburary 26, 2017. A new announcement will take the place of this one, so you will know when the site is online and you are accessing it from the new server. Thanks! -A. Wong
      on behalf of CPTDB Admin
Kit Kat

Fredericton Transit update.

132 posts in this topic

Hey all, i am out in Frederiction for my grandmas funeral and i stoped by the garage for a short visit and here is a bit of info.

Classic 8861 is retired with 8862 to follow shortly.

8081 is the newest Nova and they are talking about getting 4-5 more by next year.

that being said, they want to "hopefully" get rid of the 4 1998 RTS by next year as they have really bad frames.

photos to be posted when i get home.

Hey all, i am out in Frederiction for my grandmas funeral and i stoped by the garage for a short visit and here is a bit of info.

Classic 8861 is retired with 8862 to follow shortly.

8081 is the newest Nova and they are talking about getting 4-5 more by next year.

that being said, they want to "hopefully" get rid of the 4 1998 RTS by next year as they have really bad frames.

Ah shoot! No chance for me to ride one!

Hmmm... I wonder what is wrong with their frames at such a young age? The RTS used to be known for having very good structures in previous years. Maybe NovaBus didn't build them as well as earlier years? I didn't hear of TTC having any problems with their 1998 RTS coaches. Never heard anything about STO's 2000 units either!

Ah shoot! No chance for me to ride one!

they have newer RTS buses too so you could ride them..

Is Classic 8851 retired or still active?

Is Classic 8851 retired or still active?

it was in the active lanes and the shop guys said its in better shape then the 86's

If their 1998 have the same powertrain as TTC RTS, then I can let it pass.

Their 2000 model should have ZF transmission rather the Allison.

Here are some photos...

Note that i got the rollsigns off of the fishbowl.

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

IMG_6193.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

IMG_6193.jpg

post-4-1217171590_thumb.jpg

post-4-1217171635_thumb.jpg

post-4-1217171683_thumb.jpg

post-4-1217171756_thumb.jpg

I like the LFS. It has a white bottom instead of grey.

That's what I like about DRT's Ex-Philly Nova's as they have the white skirt as well! They stand out from the others in the DRT fleet.

Here are some photos...

Note that i got the rollsigns off of the fishbowl.

Very nice shots! Is 8081 the only new LFS for 2008?

Thanks!

Bob Hussey

Was in Fredericton on Saturday and I talked to a driver who drove 8851 that morning and said it still is in great shape.

The RTS' are still there, and the only complaint is the driver compartment is too crampt.

OC Transpo 8238, reporting from Cavendish PEI

Uploaded half of the Fredericton Transit photos from by trip out that ways back in Spring 2011.

You can view my photos here. http://www.kevinsbusrail.com/fredericton.html (13 RTS photos!)

Video of RTS that I uploaded a while ago...

Here are a couple previews

fredericton_8992-2.jpg

fredericton_8054.jpg

The Wiki mentions a 2009 order for one bus, 8091. Did that bus ever materialize?

The Wiki mentions a 2009 order for one bus, 8091. Did that bus ever materialize?

Yes, it did. It's easy to spot as it's the only one that has a sign for the route number on the back of the bus.

They also recently purchased two more Nova LFS buses: City council minutes

Thanks for the update! I have been scouring the net for a picture of 8091 to no avail. Is it a 3rd generation LFS -- with the centred rear window?

Thanks for the update. Would you happen to know how many Classics are still active?

Bus 8091 is not a 3rd gen and may be one of the last 2nd gens produced. Attached is a shot.

Fredericton_Transit_8091___23OCT10.JPG

Fredericton_Transit_8091___23OCT10.JPG

post-192-1322504695_thumb.jpg

Would you happen to know how many Classics are still active?

I would think that there's probably about 5 or 6 of them left. Some of the older ones are in quite rough shape and will probably be retired soon. One of them (8941) had an issue where the gas tank fell off, so I'm not sure if it will be back.

Bus 8091 is not a 3rd gen and may be one of the last 2nd gens produced. Attached is a shot.

Thanks for the picture, much appreciated!

New Nova 3rd gens 8111 and 8112 are in service now and retired on the hill are 8551 and 8871. Next to go will eventually be the 2001 RTS's buses are they are the most problematic.

is 8862 on the road still?

Never saw it and according to the wiki its long retired.