Fredericton Transit update.

On 2017-5-31 at 3:17 AM, TheDuke said:

Wow where did you find this? I'll ask some of my co-workers.

I only wish it was mine. The image came to me in an email inquiry.  I'm very curious about the company. The badge is I think for driver #2 which might suggest it was a small operation. 

6 hours ago, DavidW said:

I only wish it was mine. The image came to me in an email inquiry.  I'm very curious about the company. The badge is I think for driver #2 which might suggest it was a small operation. 

This company started May 3,1960, it was called Shalta Hughson dba Nashwaaksis Bus Line, they where located in Nashwaaksis, N.B. In 1962 Mr. Hughson died and the certificate was transfer to Betty Jean Huggson in July 1962. Company was sold to SMT (Eastern) June 1965. Operated an route from main Street Fredericton - Brookside Drive - Westview Drive - Cherry Street - MacFarland Street - Fulton Ave. - Cedar Ave. - Sunset Drive - CPR Crossing, They had one bus an Ford school bus that went to SMT #3714. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bernie said:

This company started May 3,1960, it was called Shalta Hughson dba Nashwaaksis Bus Line, they where located in Nashwaaksis, N.B. In 1962 Mr. Hughson died and the certificate was transfer to Betty Jean Hughson in July 1962. Company was sold to SMT (Eastern) June 1965. Operated an route from main Street Fredericton - Brookside Drive - Westview Drive - Cherry Street - MacFarland Street - Fulton Ave. - Cedar Ave. - Sunset Drive - CPR Crossing, They had one bus an Ford school bus that went to SMT #3714. I hope this helps.

Awesome Bernie.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 5:02 PM, ROSeaboyer said:

Saw 8171 out this afternoon while the ReadyPass app called it 8021, so that sounds like a probable candidate for being retired, at least.

You beat me to it. Just came to announce that 8021 has indeed been retired. 8981, 8982, and 8983 will also be retired once 8172, 8173, and 8174 enter service. Didn't know 8171 was on the road already, so that's good to know!

Thanks for the report! I also saw 8172, yesterday afternoon. I don't have ReadyPass due to lack of a compatible phone, so thanks for reporting what RTS's are being replaced. I'll start updating the wiki later.

Edit: Wiki pages updated. There's something melancholy about having to change the introductory sentence of a bus's Wiki page to past tense..

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

UPDATE: Fredericton has their new order of buses in service; I spotted 8183 the other day and 8184 tonight. By checking ReadyPass, 8184 is replacing 8042, meaning that 8183 would be replacing 8041 and that all Fredericton buses are now fully accessible.

Would we be able to get the wiki updated to state as much?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, ROSeaboyer said:

To follow up, 8221 is now in service, plate of LCS 237 for whoever is able to add it to the wiki. The tracker is from 8054, making me believe that bus has been retired

I was wrong; 8054 is still active, making me think that either 8121 is retired after its  fire or  another one got retired 

• 6 months later...

8222 is now active; my assumption is that 8221 was originally ordered to retire 8054, but with 8121's engine fire last summer, 8222 was sent up as the replacement for that and 8054 stayed in service until 8222 arrived.

I didn't see the plate on 8222 while I was out, but I'll keep an eye out for that if I come across it in the next little while