Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 8/24/2020 at 5:36 PM, roeco said:

if they have them maybe their in Delta

 

 

On 8/25/2020 at 4:56 PM, Prevost said:

I would imagine they have sold them all by now and just operate purely Prevost H3-45s. Think they got rid of their Van Hool C2045 also.

Traxx never to my knowledge has had a Temsa. Maybe you're confusing it with the ABC 3035RE's they had? At least 1 or 2 are still left and are in Kamloops in the Canada West Fleet when I last saw one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, roeco said:

It also looks like they are connecting in Prawda giving Fort Frances pretty much 6 day a week service to/from Winnipeg or Thunder Bay while only operating the Fort Frances portion 3 x week. Also same with Kenora/Dryden to Winnipeg or Thunder bay same thing giving them 6 x week service just by running that  corridor 3 x week. Very smart! Also looks like so far they have freight set up in Thunder Bay and Winnipeg...movin closer west!!

 

I cant see Kasper continuing alot of their service especially Fort Frances and White River. Best thing for them to do would strike an interline deal with Ontario Northland in some form to survive to maybe Longlac/Hearst. And maybe to Sioux lookout from Thunder Bay? 

I think both corrider will have 5x week service. Saturday trip from Thunder Bay via Fort Frances does not connect with the Sunday departure from Winnipeg via Upsala at Prawda. Similarily, Friday dept from Thunder Bay via Upsala does not connect with the Fort Frances bus leaving WPG on Saturday

But all the other days do connect pretty well. I do have to admit, this a very smart way to schedule service!

Right now Kasper kept service on days Ontario Northland does not run, so we will see if they bother to kep the service. I don't see them keeping White River-TBay

10 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

To me it looks like there trying to take advantage of Greyhound not running Ottawa to Sudbury/North Bay & Toronto to Sudbury.\/North Bay? Pick up as many passengers as possible, this way you can get money and passenger appreciation.

Ontario Northland has been running Ottawa-Sudbury, Sudbury-Toronto for a while now. Ever since Greyhound significantly cut service in 2015 and prior, ON Bus has been the primary way people travel up there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, translink fan said:

 

Traxx never to my knowledge has had a Temsa. Maybe you're confusing it with the ABC 3035RE's they had? At least 1 or 2 are still left and are in Kamloops in the Canada West Fleet when I last saw one.

Ah yes, I got confused with the ABC 3035REs lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, Rapidbus said:

I think both corrider will have 5x week service. Saturday trip from Thunder Bay via Fort Frances does not connect with the Sunday departure from Winnipeg via Upsala at Prawda. Similarily, Friday dept from Thunder Bay via Upsala does not connect with the Fort Frances bus leaving WPG on Saturday

But all the other days do connect pretty well. I do have to admit, this a very smart way to schedule service!

Right now Kasper kept service on days Ontario Northland does not run, so we will see if they bother to kep the service. I don't see them keeping White River-TBay

Ontario Northland has been running Ottawa-Sudbury, Sudbury-Toronto for a while now. Ever since Greyhound significantly cut service in 2015 and prior, ON Bus has been the primary way people travel up there

Its gonna be interesting how it plays out in Winnipeg as I can see ONT interlining parcels and even passengers with Maple and even further west if the connection could be made with someone. Maybe Kasper will rethink their business model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhat off-topic, but I wonder which routes their J3500 runs on? It appears that they have only one of them (B1910) and has been sighted in Ottawa a handful of times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, anyfong said:

Somewhat off-topic, but I wonder which routes their J3500 runs on? It appears that they have only one of them (B1910) and has been sighted in Ottawa a handful of times.

The one and only J3500 seems to be used all over. It has been spotted in Winnipeg on at least one occasion. Here is a photo of it at the garage in Sault Ste. Marie.

Ontario Northland B1910 - 22JUL20.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Articulated said:

And sure enough, once the official announcement was made, the PDF schedule magically appears on Ontario Northland's website!

ive been able to access it for almost a week

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, roeco said:

ive been able to access it for almost a week

 

Yes, the schedule was uploaded to the website but "hidden" (i.e. not linked anywhere, so you had to know/guess the direct hyperlink). The link is now visible on the Schedules page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...