On 8/28/2018 at 11:05 AM, BlueBirdVision said:

Here’s is a photo of Ontario Northland’s TEMSA TS-35E demonstration unit. This was taken today when the bus was coming thru Whitefish River First Nation Indian Reserve.

989D8795-3FFB-4294-864B-7FE0C4F3CFFE.jpeg

On lease until next year when they get a 35 foot MCI

I wonder if we'll see Ontario Northland change their White River to Sudbury Schedule to connect with kasper at White River without overnight stay...!if Not Ontario Northland really should run all the way to Thunder Bay.

21 hours ago, roeco said:

I wonder if we'll see Ontario Northland change their White River to Sudbury Schedule to connect with kasper at White River without overnight stay...!if Not Ontario Northland really should run all the way to Thunder Bay.

Ontario Northland has their schedule set up smart for what they currently need to operate. One bus operates North Bay -> SSM -> Hearst, a second operates Hearst -> SSM -> North Bay, with both buses meeting in the middle at Sault Ste Marie.

To have a northbound trip make it to White River earlier in the day would involve having buses (and operators) overnight in SSM, which will add to the cost of operating the service. Or have that first bus leave ridiculously early from North Bay, which would be inconvenient for any customers on Hwy 17 east of SSM, in order to make it more convenient for customers heading west of White River.

Ontario Northland has taken delivery of some new MCI D4505 buses. Buses # 1901, 1905 and 1906 were spotted at the Toronto Coach Terminal today. In talking to a driver, he said that they had taken delivery of "about 10".

Ontario Northland 1905 - 22DEC18.jpg

• Like 2

I heard that some of Ontario Northland's buses are owned by private owners and they contract them out to Ontario Northland to use. 

Anyone confirm this ?

8 hours ago, dev161 said:

I heard that some of Ontario Northland's buses are owned by private owners and they contract them out to Ontario Northland to use. 

Anyone confirm this ?

Like long weekend overflow? 

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

Like long weekend overflow? 

No their Actual Fleet of Buses , my OC bus broke down and I was being towed back to the garage 

the Tow driver said his Dispatcher Bought 2 MCI buses and gives it Ontario Northland on a contract.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:54 AM, dev161 said:

No their Actual Fleet of Buses , my OC bus broke down and I was being towed back to the garage 

the Tow driver said his Dispatcher Bought 2 MCI buses and gives it Ontario Northland on a contract.

Do they lease some units? The ONTC fleet is relatively new, I understood that some of them were leased. I don't see how they would be leased from smaller operators though.

38 minutes ago, Flalex72 said:

Do they lease some units? The ONTC fleet is relatively new, I understood that some of them were leased. I don't see how they would be leased from smaller operators though.

Most of the Ontario Northland units that I'm aware of have been long-term leases from Prevost, in the form of buy-back units that were 5-8 years old. They have always had ONTC logos and legals though - nothing from private operators.

They may use extra coaches from local companies to run overloads during busy periods, but no permanent leasing arrangements that I've heard of.

Is Ontario Northern owned by the Provincial Government? If so why does Ontario Northern use mainly Prevost while GO Transit uses MCI highway coaches? I know the Go units are more commuter units but why not have Ontario Northern use MCI J's or D' units? I would assume MCI would give the Province a better deal on Highway coaches?

Ontario Northland is a crown corporation administered by the ministry of Northern Development and Mines.

They also have more than a handful of MCI products in the fleet, so I haven’t the foggiest idea what you’re on about.

• Thanks 1

So there owned by the Feds not the Province then?

As for the MCI comment I was wondering if they where owned by the Province, why wouldn't they go with MCI  instead of Prevost since  GO does, wouldn't they get a better price/unit if they went MCI instead of Prevost.. I know they have MCI units in their fleet, but since there owned by the Feds and not the Province, it makes my question mute.

2 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

So there owned by the Feds not the Province then?

As for the MCI comment I was wondering if they where owned by the Province, why wouldn't they go with MCI  instead of Prevost since  GO does, wouldn't they get a better price/unit if they went MCI instead of Prevost.. I know they have MCI units in their fleet, but since there owned by the Feds and not the Province, it makes my question mute.

🤦‍♂️.

The ministry of northern development and mines is provincial jurisdiction. They (Ontario northland) tender purchases (or apparently,  leasing- thanks for the info @Articulated ) same as any other publicly funded entity, and unless something changes in the not too distant future, are completely distinct and separate from metrolinx.

3 seconds on google would have explained that.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2018 at 11:05 AM, BlueBirdVision said:

Here’s is a photo of Ontario Northland’s TEMSA TS-35E demonstration unit. This was taken today when the bus was coming thru Whitefish River First Nation Indian Reserve.

989D8795-3FFB-4294-864B-7FE0C4F3CFFE.jpeg

They are now CMVSS compliant and Mississauga Bus is the authorized Canadian Dealer! They should be doing a show and tell at this year's OTE!