Ontario Northland

Timmins Man

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, roeco said:

I wonder if we'll see Ontario Northland change their White River to Sudbury Schedule to connect with kasper at White River without overnight stay...!if Not Ontario Northland really should run all the way to Thunder Bay.

Ontario Northland has their schedule set up smart for what they currently need to operate. One bus operates North Bay -> SSM -> Hearst, a second operates Hearst -> SSM -> North Bay, with both buses meeting in the middle at Sault Ste Marie.

To have a northbound trip make it to White River earlier in the day would involve having buses (and operators) overnight in SSM, which will add to the cost of operating the service. Or have that first bus leave ridiculously early from North Bay, which would be inconvenient for any customers on Hwy 17 east of SSM, in order to make it more convenient for customers heading west of White River.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

Like long weekend overflow? 

No their Actual Fleet of Buses , my OC bus broke down and I was being towed back to the garage 

the Tow driver said his Dispatcher Bought 2 MCI buses and gives it Ontario Northland on a contract.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:54 AM, dev161 said:

No their Actual Fleet of Buses , my OC bus broke down and I was being towed back to the garage 

the Tow driver said his Dispatcher Bought 2 MCI buses and gives it Ontario Northland on a contract.

Do they lease some units? The ONTC fleet is relatively new, I understood that some of them were leased. I don't see how they would be leased from smaller operators though.

38 minutes ago, Flalex72 said:

Do they lease some units? The ONTC fleet is relatively new, I understood that some of them were leased. I don't see how they would be leased from smaller operators though.

Most of the Ontario Northland units that I'm aware of have been long-term leases from Prevost, in the form of buy-back units that were 5-8 years old. They have always had ONTC logos and legals though - nothing from private operators.

They may use extra coaches from local companies to run overloads during busy periods, but no permanent leasing arrangements that I've heard of.

Is Ontario Northern owned by the Provincial Government? If so why does Ontario Northern use mainly Prevost while GO Transit uses MCI highway coaches? I know the Go units are more commuter units but why not have Ontario Northern use MCI J's or D' units? I would assume MCI would give the Province a better deal on Highway coaches?

So there owned by the Feds not the Province then?

As for the MCI comment I was wondering if they where owned by the Province, why wouldn't they go with MCI  instead of Prevost since  GO does, wouldn't they get a better price/unit if they went MCI instead of Prevost.. I know they have MCI units in their fleet, but since there owned by the Feds and not the Province, it makes my question mute.

2 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

So there owned by the Feds not the Province then?

As for the MCI comment I was wondering if they where owned by the Province, why wouldn't they go with MCI  instead of Prevost since  GO does, wouldn't they get a better price/unit if they went MCI instead of Prevost.. I know they have MCI units in their fleet, but since there owned by the Feds and not the Province, it makes my question mute.

?‍♂️.

The ministry of northern development and mines is provincial jurisdiction. They (Ontario northland) tender purchases (or apparently,  leasing- thanks for the info @Articulated ) same as any other publicly funded entity, and unless something changes in the not too distant future, are completely distinct and separate from metrolinx.

3 seconds on google would have explained that.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2018 at 11:05 AM, BlueBirdVision said:

Here’s is a photo of Ontario Northland’s TEMSA TS-35E demonstration unit. This was taken today when the bus was coming thru Whitefish River First Nation Indian Reserve.

989D8795-3FFB-4294-864B-7FE0C4F3CFFE.jpeg

They are now CMVSS compliant and Mississauga Bus is the authorized Canadian Dealer! They should be doing a show and tell at this year's OTE!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 2:33 PM, NeOn Bus Rider said:

They are now CMVSS compliant and Mississauga Bus is the authorized Canadian Dealer! They should be doing a show and tell at this year's OTE!

This vehicle was their display model at OTE. It's a TEMSA TS 35E with the number L1907. I'm wondering if Ontario Northland is still planning on getting the J3500s that are on order. Would anybody know if/when they're due to show up?

101_1515.thumb.JPG.2ef0c96fea7187bdc2c180880004c1a7.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, BlueBirdVision said:

On my way back from North Bay I managed to see another TEMSA unit in Sturgeon Falls. Unit #L1909

Did Ontario Northland go with TEMSA instead of MCI? I’m curious if this is actually a demonstrator or they bought it brand new. 

Interesting, it would appear they have 3. They are still leased as far as I know.

Apparently the J3500 buses have not shown up yet. Originally scheduled for April delivery, it is not known when they will arrive. I suspect that the leased Temsas will go back once the J3500 buses arrive.

Also, in talking to a driver, the 1900 series D4505 buses (1901-1906) have been sent back to the factory for a warranty issue. It is not known when they will return. MCI has provided some MCI J4500 demos (painted all white with only ON legals on the luggage compartments) to be used while the units are away. At least two all white, unnumbered J4500 buses have been observed in service for Ontario Northland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Does Ontario Northland have any Prevost X 3's & Prevost H3-45(newer version with two  front windows, rather then a 4 piece front window/

If so does anyone have any side view pics.I'm just trying to get two Bus Bank  blank  buses done up in Ontario Northland paint scheme;s?

Also did Ontario Northland at any point have any MCI 102DL3's in the past?

I've all ready have two J4500's HO Scale 1/87 done up in two paint scheme's.

12 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Does Ontario Northland have any Prevost XL 3's & Prevost H3-45(newer version with two  front windows, rather then a 4 piece front window/

If so does anyone have any side view pics.I'm just trying to get two Bus Bank  blank  buses done up in Ontario Northland paint scheme;s?

Also did Ontario Northland at any point have any MCI 102DL3's in the past?

I've all ready have two J4500's HO Scale 1/87 done up in two paint scheme's.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Ontario_Northland

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...