Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

I am pretty sure Ontario Northland had already sort out the logistics.

There is a Shell and Petro Canada in Northbay that have CNG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheAverageJoe said:

There is a Shell and Petro Canada in Northbay that have CNG 

I can't think of a Shell or Petro-Canada in North Bay, or any other station, that have CNG. I can't think of any fleets (garbage trucks for example) that are powered by CNG in North Bay either.It says Union Gas will be providing the filling station, where do you have information that says CNG is already commercially available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Flalex72 said:

I can't think of a Shell or Petro-Canada in North Bay, or any other station, that have CNG. I can't think of any fleets (garbage trucks for example) that are powered by CNG in North Bay either.It says Union Gas will be providing the filling station, where do you have information that says CNG is already commercially available?

Quick google search but i see when I just checked now the Petro Canada site it does not show one for North Bay. I am sure Northland would have set something up with Union Gas for refueling in North Bay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MCI demo # 13895 is seen at the Ontario Northland garage in North Bay last week. This CNG fueled bus is on trial by ONR for about a month. It is being used in very limited service but has made at least one trip to Toronto on an overload section.

A temporary fueling station has been installed at the ONR garage. You can see in the door side photo of the bus that it is being fueled at the time of the photo. The CNG line is a slow fill line (not high pressure, like some transit CNG installations) and it takes approximately 8 hours to fill a bus this way.

The CNG tanks are in the luggage compartments so quite a bit of underfloor luggage space is lost. It will be interesting to see if ONR goes ahead with purchasing CNG vehicles.

Ontario Northland 13895 - 11AUG17.jpg

Ontario Northland 13895 - CNG - 11AUG17.jpg

Ontario Northland 13895 - CNG -- 11AUG17.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

MCI demo # 13895 is seen at the Ontario Northland garage in North Bay last week. This CNG fueled bus is on trial by ONR for about a month. It is being used in very limited service but has made at least one trip to Toronto on an overload section.

A temporary fueling station has been installed at the ONR garage. You can see in the door side photo of the bus that it is being fueled at the time of the photo. The CNG line is a slow fill line (not high pressure, like some transit CNG installations) and it takes approximately 8 hours to fill a bus this way.

The CNG tanks are in the luggage compartments so quite a bit of underfloor luggage space is lost. It will be interesting to see if ONR goes ahead with purchasing CNG vehicles.

Ontario Northland 13895 - 11AUG17.jpg

Ontario Northland 13895 - CNG - 11AUG17.jpg

Ontario Northland 13895 - CNG -- 11AUG17.jpg

Do you know if its being used in shorter line run service or just testing around North Bay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Do you know if its being used in shorter line run service or just testing around North Bay?

They said that they will not be using it much in service, just mainly testing around North Bay. It may be used on second sections so watch out for it in Toronto on the Labour Day weekend when bringing University kids back to school. The CNG tank capacity is sufficient to allow a North Bay to Toronto return trip without having to fill up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it can do a round trip from North Bay to Toronto on one tank that's pretty good. Can the diesel bus do the same? 

I guess if it was fast fill they could fill it in a few minutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×