Ontario Northland

Timmins Man

On 2/28/2022 at 1:12 PM, Shaun said:

And nobody applied to take this route over?

You do know Ontario has a deregulated market? There is nothing to apply for.

Also, why would a Mom and Pop Charter Bus Company compete with all those Transit Agencies such as (GTR) (Colltrans) (LINX) and Go Transit?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 11:22 PM, curlingteam333 said:

Does anyone where does Ontario Northland parked in Toronto during overnight stay in Toronto?

I think they park one bus in the Yorkdale terminal. Which makes that space cramped. Why couldn't they make a deal with TOK or GO?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 12:28 PM, Shaun said:

Do they have any Toronto based drivers?

No, and their Job ad is clear that you will have to relocate to North Bay at least or further north.

2 hours ago, curlingteam333 said:

Just noticed that Ontario Northland leased some Prevost H345 from Angels Coach bus. I saw once with the Ontario Northland logo when arriving to Ottawa VIA Rail while doing Sudbury to Ottawa run last weekend when I was waiting for one of my friend. 

From what I was told, the J4500s broke down, Northland needed buses and they contacted Prevost. Prevost has nothing to rent/lease. Northland contacted Angel and Great Canadian to lease buses until most of the J4500s are fixed.

1 hour ago, Megabus Rider said:

No, and their Job ad is clear that you will have to relocate to North Bay at least or further north.

From what I was told, the J4500s broke down, Northland needed buses and they contacted Prevost. Prevost has nothing to rent/lease. Northland contacted Angel and Great Canadian to lease buses until most of the J4500s are fixed.

Whats wrong with their J4500's?

18 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Keeping my eye out there post retirement.

17 hours ago, JCWhite said:

Probably the same worldwide backorder of DEF sending units, pumps and dosing valves every other outfit has been fumbling through.

4 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Probably the same worldwide backorder of DEF sending units, pumps and dosing valves every other outfit has been fumbling through.

Onexbus is in the same boat with their J4500

22 hours ago, JCWhite said:

I was not told of the issues, could be what bus medic said.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Shaun said:

I'm surprised that a light duty bus would be used for long haul services..

There are a few Safeway tours red Prevosts with decals removed driving around. Not sure who owns them. 

You throw out anything you have when a significant chunk of the fleet is laid up for backordered parts.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

After only a couple of years in service, Ontario Northland is selling Temsa buses # 2001 and 2003.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=109&acctid=10543

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=110&acctid=10543

It is interesting that Ontario Northland at one time had 8 TS35 buses but now will be down to 1. I assume that is being kept for the Cochrane rail connect service.

1 hour ago, Seashore_518203 said:

After only a couple of years in service, Ontario Northland is selling Temsa buses # 2001 and 2003.

It is interesting that Ontario Northland at one time had 8 TS35 buses but now will be down to 1. I assume that is being kept for the Cochrane rail connect service.

It wouldn't surprise me if the reason is operational flexibility. The difference between a 35 foot and 45 foot bus is minor - they're only slightly cheaper to purchase and slightly more economical, but require the same maintenance and labour. For that small saving, you lose operational flexibility of being able to swap vehicles as required in a uniform fleet.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:27 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

They also have the J3500, B1910, that they often use for service.

10 hours ago, Chris W said:

They also have the J4500, B1910, that they often use for service.

Yes, when I said they had 8 Temsas at one time, what I actually meant was they had 8 35' buses at one time (MCI B1910 and Temsas 1908, L1912-L1914, 2001-2003). You are correct noting that they still have the J3500 which means that there are still 2 35' vehicles in the fleet.

5 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Yes, when I said they had 8 Temsas at one time, what I actually meant was they had 8 35' buses at one time (MCI B1910 and Temsas 1908, L1912-L1914, 2001-2003). You are correct noting that they still have the J3500 which means that there are still 2 35' vehicles in the fleet.

I also realized that I meant to put J3500 in my comment.

2 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Does Ontario Northland have any Prevosts in their fleet? The reason I ask is they don't perhaps there trying to standardize their parts to be just MCI?

They do. The older X3-45s are the only Prevosts they have, unless they purchased the buses that Angel Tours ran.

• 2 weeks later...