Ontario Northland

Timmins Man

On 8/24/2020 at 5:36 PM, roeco said:

if they have them maybe their in Delta

On 8/25/2020 at 4:56 PM, Prevost said:

I would imagine they have sold them all by now and just operate purely Prevost H3-45s. Think they got rid of their Van Hool C2045 also.

Traxx never to my knowledge has had a Temsa. Maybe you're confusing it with the ABC 3035RE's they had? At least 1 or 2 are still left and are in Kamloops in the Canada West Fleet when I last saw one.

21 hours ago, roeco said:

It also looks like they are connecting in Prawda giving Fort Frances pretty much 6 day a week service to/from Winnipeg or Thunder Bay while only operating the Fort Frances portion 3 x week. Also same with Kenora/Dryden to Winnipeg or Thunder bay same thing giving them 6 x week service just by running that  corridor 3 x week. Very smart! Also looks like so far they have freight set up in Thunder Bay and Winnipeg...movin closer west!!

I cant see Kasper continuing alot of their service especially Fort Frances and White River. Best thing for them to do would strike an interline deal with Ontario Northland in some form to survive to maybe Longlac/Hearst. And maybe to Sioux lookout from Thunder Bay? 

I think both corrider will have 5x week service. Saturday trip from Thunder Bay via Fort Frances does not connect with the Sunday departure from Winnipeg via Upsala at Prawda. Similarily, Friday dept from Thunder Bay via Upsala does not connect with the Fort Frances bus leaving WPG on Saturday

But all the other days do connect pretty well. I do have to admit, this a very smart way to schedule service!

Right now Kasper kept service on days Ontario Northland does not run, so we will see if they bother to kep the service. I don't see them keeping White River-TBay

10 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

To me it looks like there trying to take advantage of Greyhound not running Ottawa to Sudbury/North Bay & Toronto to Sudbury.\/North Bay? Pick up as many passengers as possible, this way you can get money and passenger appreciation.

Ontario Northland has been running Ottawa-Sudbury, Sudbury-Toronto for a while now. Ever since Greyhound significantly cut service in 2015 and prior, ON Bus has been the primary way people travel up there

5 hours ago, translink fan said:

Traxx never to my knowledge has had a Temsa. Maybe you're confusing it with the ABC 3035RE's they had? At least 1 or 2 are still left and are in Kamloops in the Canada West Fleet when I last saw one.

Ah yes, I got confused with the ABC 3035REs lol.

On 8/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, Rapidbus said:

I think both corrider will have 5x week service. Saturday trip from Thunder Bay via Fort Frances does not connect with the Sunday departure from Winnipeg via Upsala at Prawda. Similarily, Friday dept from Thunder Bay via Upsala does not connect with the Fort Frances bus leaving WPG on Saturday

But all the other days do connect pretty well. I do have to admit, this a very smart way to schedule service!

Right now Kasper kept service on days Ontario Northland does not run, so we will see if they bother to kep the service. I don't see them keeping White River-TBay

Ontario Northland has been running Ottawa-Sudbury, Sudbury-Toronto for a while now. Ever since Greyhound significantly cut service in 2015 and prior, ON Bus has been the primary way people travel up there

Its gonna be interesting how it plays out in Winnipeg as I can see ONT interlining parcels and even passengers with Maple and even further west if the connection could be made with someone. Maybe Kasper will rethink their business model. 

23 hours ago, anyfong said:

Somewhat off-topic, but I wonder which routes their J3500 runs on? It appears that they have only one of them (B1910) and has been sighted in Ottawa a handful of times.

The one and only J3500 seems to be used all over. It has been spotted in Winnipeg on at least one occasion. Here is a photo of it at the garage in Sault Ste. Marie.

Ontario Northland B1910 - 22JUL20.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
22 hours ago, curlingteam333 said:

Spotted an unknown MCI J4500 with Ontario Northland entering highway 400 at highway 401. Idk if Ontario Northland ordered J4500 or just leased. Unfortunately no photos as I was busy driving and does not want to get caught but I saw it in my eye.

Are you sure it wasn't the J3500 they have ? 

Ontario Northland did pick up some J4500 coaches recently. So far I have seen a photo of 2105 (not my photo so I can't repost it here), but I don't know how many they have purchased for this year. It is quite possible this order will retire the last of the 2011 Prevost X3-45 coaches (521x series), as ONTC only keeps their equipment for 10 years.

They do not have wheelchair lifts, so I suspect they will be primarily used for charters post-COVID.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Why didnt they just retrofit them with lifts? I dont think they build new buses without lifts, and that would not be ADA compliant.  Unless they where used. 

Wheelchair lifts are still considered an option on the MCI J4500 feature list .  Now whether the coaches are new or used (TBD), if they are fully decaled at this point then I doubt there will be any retrofit.

• 2 weeks later...

One of their brand new coaches that arrived. Photo credits to Scott Drinkwalter.

Unit pictured had approximately 21000km on it at the time. They got a few more after this unit, with the most recent delivery happening early January.

Image may contain: busNo photo description available.No photo description available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JCWhite said:

One of their brand new coaches that arrived. Photo credits to Scott Drinkwalter.

Unit pictured had approximately 21000km on it at the time. They got a few more after this unit, with the most recent delivery happening early January.

Image may contain: busNo photo description available.No photo description available.

The image link is broken, what's the model?