London Transit Commission

GM artic 5001

https://london.ctvnews.ca/london-transit-addresses-crowding-issues-delays-with-new-buses-in-2023-1.6128631

Reading this article from CTV News London the LTC is trying to find solutions to address over-crowding and delays with new buses.

According to the article it says that “As Operator and vehicle availability improves, trippers will be re-instated to help address the schedule adherence and crowding conditions that are currently being experienced throughout the system,” 

Route 9 will have an extra bus between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m and Route 19, it will be “increased during the AM peak and base periods” to provide more time. 

As for bus purchases: “New Flyer has advised that an order confirmation by October 28, 2022, would see the 2023 replacement buses arriving late in the third quarter of 2023.”

On Thursday, the commission approved the early purchase of “2023 replacement bus requirements…from New Flyer Industries Canada, ULC at a total cost of $12,426,800,"

Ok so they just had some of the new 2022 New Flyer buses arrive. Also how will this address the schedule adherence? There are too many construction projects in downtown for the BRT East Link and Queens Ave is ripped up for the BRT bus lanes too. 

However they are still experiencing significant IT supply chain issues which might not able to implement the 2021-2022 service improvements.

Isn't LTC one of a few agencies that are going to be piloting electric buses?

I seem to recall an  article based in Burlington about the electric bus pilot, from CUTRIC, indicating that more than one agency are participating? And if London 8s, odds are the buses would be XE40's from New Flyer.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MCI Classic said:

2 Articulated XD60's numbered 35 and 36 are at the garage. 21 and 23 have been retired and are being parted out at Highbury Garae.

I noticed something weird with the newest XD40's lately. The signage does not change automatically when reaching it's final destination. For example when the 90 Express goes north to Masonville Mall stops at Richmond and Windermere the destination sign changes to "90 Express To White Oaks Mall". But however with the brand new XD40's It does not change automatically.

It has been a long time since they purchased the XD60's. When did they last purchase them?

13 minutes ago, LTCBusRider15 said:

I noticed something weird with the newest XD40's lately. The signage does not change automatically when reaching it's final destination. For example when the 90 Express goes north to Masonville Mall stops at Richmond and Windermere the destination sign changes to "90 Express To White Oaks Mall". But however with the brand new XD40's It does not change automatically.

It has been a long time since they purchased the XD60's. When did they last purchase them?

#34 2017 

On 11/18/2022 at 9:03 PM, LTCBusRider15 said:

Those buses have the new update Trapeze software and maybe it wasn't programmed correctly.  

Just out of curiosity, what is the updated fleet count at now? Id imagine its gone higher than the 195 that it says on the wiki. IIRC wasnt there an order or two that had expansion buses included? Not counting the current one.

2 hours ago, MaT said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the updated fleet count at now? Id imagine its gone higher than the 195 that it says on the wiki. IIRC wasnt there an order or two that had expansion buses included? Not counting the current one.

Even the routes on the wiki are not even up to date. Last time it was updated was in 2014 according to the wiki it was last edited it needs to be updated.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/London_Transit_Commission_routes

I think there is a total of 235 buses in the fleet. Wiki needs to be updated.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, MCI Classic said:

Those buses have the new update Trapeze software and maybe it wasn't programmed correctly.  

I see the drivers sometimes have to change it manually until it gets fixed. Was the Trapeze display screens touchscreen instead of the older ones with the buttons?

On 11/24/2022 at 4:16 PM, LTCBusRider15 said:

I see the drivers sometimes have to change it manually until it gets fixed. Was the Trapeze display screens touchscreen instead of the older ones with the buttons?

589 and 590 were the test buses for the  newest Trapeze touch screen  & they were working fine.  The newest batch seems to have that problem with Trapeze.