London Transit Commission

GM artic 5001

6 hours ago, MiExpress said:

Also related to the order, according to a separate commission report, New Flyer states the complete delivery of the 22 bus order (20 40' and 2 60') will likely  be delayed until early 2023. As 5 40' buses were for expansion purposes this may impact the rollout of LTC's service plan.

Question: What are the fleet numbers going to be like when they arrive? Also there is a fact about the D40LF buses having issues running in hot weather.

Here is what is says: "With the onset of the hot weather in early June, a new problem affecting a specific series of bus (DL40) of which there are 32 remaining in the fleet has been identified. These are the oldest buses in the fleet and are subject to higher instances of failure, specifically, the condensers for the HVAC units on the buses are failing and parts supply is a challenge given the age of the units. The increased pollen in the air is resulting in the filters clogging, which places greater pressure on the condensers, which in turn are failing. Additionally, passengers are opening windows on extremely hot days, which force the units to run more in an effort to maintain temperature control inside the bus. Once this occurs, the bus cannot continue in service on days of extreme weather conditions given the lack of climate control. In an effort to mitigate these issues, the filters are being cleaned on a more regular basis, and this series of bus is being placed on shorter runs or not being used on extremely hot days when possible."

https://www.londontransit.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Staff-Report-4-COVID-Ridership-and-Service-Impacts.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, LTCBusRider15 said:

Does anyone know what happened to the ElDorado National E-Z Rider II MAX buses lately? I saw 2 XD40's at Masonville Mall on the Community bus Route 55 and none on Route 37 all 40 foot buses on that route. Did they retire them already?

3 of them are sitting in the tent at Highbury Garage.  I think there days are numbered

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 5:32 PM, MCI Classic said:

3 of them are sitting in the tent at Highbury Garage.  I think there days are numbered

https://www.londontransit.ca/2022/07/29/community-bus-stop-location-changes-starting-august-8-2022/

I see now I thought they retired already. But according to this service update for the community bus routes it says: "These changes are required as London Transit is retiring its fleet of 30 foot buses as such the 40 foot buses will now be utilized for this service and do not have enough clearance to travel to the door of certain buildings."

13 minutes ago, LTCBusRider15 said:

https://www.londontransit.ca/2022/07/29/community-bus-stop-location-changes-starting-august-8-2022/

I see now I thought they retired already. But according to this service update for the community bus routes it says: "These changes are required as London Transit is retiring its fleet of 30 foot buses as such the 40 foot buses will now be utilized for this service and do not have enough clearance to travel to the door of certain buildings."

I'm kind of surprised they did not buy 30 foots to replace them. Is there enough ridership to warrant the use of more 40 foot buses or should they just remove those routes.

22 minutes ago, G.A said:

I'm kind of surprised they did not buy 30 foots to replace them. Is there enough ridership to warrant the use of more 40 foot buses or should they just remove those routes.

I think they should remove the community routes since they operate on very limited frequencies. At the same time, they are also intended to service those who are seniors and those with mobility challenges by providing door to door service. 

Some transit agencies prefer to standardize their fleet. London Transit Commission only uses New Flyer buses so it makes maintenance and repairs more easier. Especially with only three remaining 30 ft buses, I don't think it is worth keeping with how there are plenty of 40 ft buses more readily available to use for service.

3 hours ago, ORION said:

EZ Riders #15, #16 & #18 have been parked. #17 remains in service, and was out today.

15-2.jpg

16-1.jpg

Yeah they have been parked for a while now. All you see on those routes are 40fters. They must be low on extra buses for 17 to be out.  Tho they would be staring getting the fleet ready for school in a few weeks 

20 hours ago, G.A said:

Why buy 30ft buses when you can get a 40 and use it on any route at anytime.  They were an odd ball bus that at the time made sense. Not anymore 

15 hours ago, PHATMATT51 said:

Yeah they have been parked for a while now. All you see on those routes are 40fters. They must be low on extra buses for 17 to be out.  Tho they would be staring getting the fleet ready for school in a few weeks 

Why buy 30ft buses when you can get a 40 and use it on any route at anytime.  They were an odd ball bus that at the time made sense. Not anymore 

18 just came off the road days ago. 17 has had lots of work done to it according to the maintenance department and will be kept in service a little while longer.

These were purchased in 2009 for lower ridership routes. They have already outlived their lifespan. They're not in the worst shape.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 7:24 PM, PHATMATT51 said:

All you see on those routes are 40fters. They must be low on extra buses for 17 to be out.

I saw EZ Rider 17 and an XD40 today at CF Masonville Place on community bus Route 55 today. Also the wiki needs to update the status of EZ Riders of 15, 16 and 18 as it still says active in which they are not anymore. https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/London_Transit_Commission_15-18

The LTC has announced that the Express Routes 90, 91, and 94, will resume service starting on September the 5th and Routes 102, 104 and 106 will also resume service. Route 92 will continue to be suspended. No word on the new Route 95 Express between Fanshawe College and White Oaks Mall along with the rest of the new service changes.

https://www.londontransit.ca/2022/08/22/schedule-changes-effective-september-4-2022/ 

45 minutes ago, PHATMATT51 said:

Reading the document and looks like the 30 ft buses will be retired and replaced with 40 ft buses on the community routes to deal with the increased ridership. 

This is along with how they did swap one replacement 40 ft bus with an additional articulated bus. 

Keeping the same amount of replacement bus volume and with minimal cost increase. This is along with making sure they have enough time to procure and deliver the new buses to ensure reliability. Determining the balance to ensure they can deliver a reliable service. 

Read the amendment
the shows 15 40ft(not 16) and 2 60ft(not 1). for replacement 

PLUS

5 40ft  for expansion 

so 22 buses unless I’m reading it wrong but amended usually means changed

20 40ft and 2 60ft   Seams correct as they to need the 60ft more and more  especially during the school year  when routes 102,104,106 start up plus more traffic with students  

A5FE9235-D6B1-4940-AB63-34E7DE21BD4C.png

06E04134-5449-4A65-80C0-23A4CC34169E.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...