London Transit Commission

GM artic 5001

12 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

In Hamilton, when James and John were converted to two way many years ago, HSR said it would be at a cost of about $ 1.5 million to HSR. Council did not give additional funds and we were told just to deal with it.

And I bet London city council will say the exact same thing...

• 4 weeks later...

The November 27 Commission meeting included a report awarding a new 3 year contract to New Flyer for bus purchases between 2020-2022 (delivery 2021-2023). The contract will include both 40' and 60' diesel buses. Pricing for the 40' bus was $565K per bus and for the 60' bus it was $879K per bus. 

16 40' replacement buses are being purchased for delivery by October 23, 2020. Given the budget issues at the city of London currently, purchase of 4 expansion buses is not recommended until the 2020 budget is confirmed.

http://www.londontransit.ca/staff-report-2-contract-award-2020-2022-replacement-and-expansion-buses/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MaT said:

Speaking of buses, did LTC recieve an order of buses this year?

Unfortunately I’ve moved from London but I do believe there’s a few new buses. Every now and then I check Transsee and didn’t notice any new buses tracking until today...So far seems like units 547, 548, 550, and 552 have entered service

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately I’ve moved from London but I do believe there’s a few new buses. Every now and then I check Transsee and didn’t notice any new buses tracking until today...So far seems like units 547, 548, 550, and 552 have entered service

The rest of the new units are parked at Highbury, 555 is the newest unit.

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, MCI Classic said:

Just a update on some recent retirements.

466 is retired inside the dead line.

468, 469, 480, & 101 are retired in the tent,

Do they still have any high floors left in the tent or are they all gone?

• 5 months later...

Front door boarding to return by September 1, 2020

The Commission has extended rear door boarding on conventional transit until the appropriate number of buses in the fleet are equipped with an Operator barrier. This is expected to occur no later than September 1, 2020.

Watch for updates in the coming weeks or visit us at londontransit.ca.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Well, since I have moved from London I don’t follow it as closely as I did before. But nonetheless, here are the proposed changes for 2021. Mainly focused on frequency adjustments

http://www.londontransit.ca/2020/11/10/2021-draft-service-plan/

Not listed on this page- I have seen some proposed routing for a new route 95 express, going from White Oaks Mall to Fanshawe via Bradley and Highbury. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

An ex-London Transit transit operator has been charged with 10 offences along with causing damage to the transit garage plus other vehicles and the bus itself. At least it was in the early morning hours when there are less people out versus the daytime when there would have been a lot more out.

I get the ex-operator had grievances with her previous employer, but this is not the way to express it. 

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/police-led-on-wild-chase-by-driver-in-stolen-london-transit-bus

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, MaT said:

Is that a typo for the number?

Isn’t that the fleet number for the buses? It says “coach: 53357” and I assumed it was the fleet number, on the other hand #132 #132 and #135 got 2nd lives at Academy bus in Hoboken.

4 minutes ago, SpadinaAve2134 said:

Isn’t that the fleet number for the buses? It says “coach: 53357” and I assumed it was the fleet number.

No. London Transit Commission uses two digits for their articulated buses and three digits for their regular buses currently. Except for the 30 ft El Dorado buses which also use two digits, but will be retired if not already. Pretty much the fleet is New Flyer buses and nothing else.

Currently the highest fleet number is 571. Next batch would most likely be 572 and continue on from there. 

Coach 53357 is most likely the internal number for New Flyer to keep track since they make buses for different agencies and with the amount of volume, they need to keep track of units in different stages of production. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

No. London Transit Commission uses two digits for their articulated buses and three digits for their regular buses currently. Except for the 30 ft El Dorado buses which also use two digits, but will be retired if not already. Pretty much the fleet is New Flyer buses and nothing else.

Currently the highest fleet number is 571. Next batch would most likely be 572 and continue on from there. 

Coach 53357 is most likely the internal number for New Flyer to keep track since they make buses for different agencies and with the amount of volume, they need to keep track of units in different stages of production. 

I’ve checked again and the Unit number is 590, and the VIN is 2FYD8FV17MC076111.

• Root Admin
Just now, SpadinaAve2134 said:

Are they planning to refurbish it like the TTC? Or send it off for scrap?

No plans that I'm aware of. These buses have been in storage for a long time now. Rather this than scrap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1