London Transit Commission

GM artic 5001

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, drum118 said:

Dec 28

The Wiki needs to be updated as the fleet # stop at 531

It does not stop at 531. His post is 4 posts above yours and is even quoted right above your post. I would do a little more research next time.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, MCI Classic said:

All the new buses have arrived and are numbered 528 to 546.  Recent retired buses are 479, 482, 483, 103, 107, & 110.

8 hours ago, drum118 said:

Dec 28

The Wiki needs to be updated as the fleet # stop at 531

31599347137_86d26a411f_b.jpg31599342557_af58bc3ddb_b.jpg31599340137_5feb4f97fb_b.jpg31599338587_a4a615b3d7_b.jpg31599372457_620a6e9453_b.jpg31599371237_5fc0b8648e_b.jpg31599367637_af2bc6b7fb_b.jpg45815844444_6ba404a597_b.jpg

10 hours ago, MaT said:

It does not stop at 531. His post is 4 posts above yours and is even quoted right above your post. I would do a little more research next time.

It maybe stated here in this thread what the numbers are, but WiKi only shows 531 as the last bus on the fleet page. I do research otherwise, I wouldn't had post what I did. LTC isn't the only system with out dated info. I asked over a year ago in a number of threads about numbers and type of buses I shot for the systems, and have never seen any update info on them. I check WiKi first before asking questions about buses.

This link still shows 528-531 https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/London_Transit_Commission

22 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

103, 107, 110, 475, 482 & 485 are retired and for sale on Govdeals.

And I think (almost) all the buses being retired are the ones with the ‘old’ interior still. Guess my theory was correct ?

Also meant to mention they’ve been changing the interiors of the older XD40s as well. Rode 305 and 308 a few weeks ago and the seat fabric have the same design as 5xx buses, instead of light blue they had previously

And I think (almost) all the buses being retired are the ones with the ‘old’ interior still. Guess my theory was correct ?

Also meant to mention they’ve been changing the interiors of the older XD40s as well. Rode 305 and 308 a few weeks ago and the seat fabric have the same design as 5xx buses, instead of light blue they had previously

Yes you are correct all the retired buses have the old blue seats. 546 is still not in service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wilkuro said:

The myth about not being safe with frequent transit as it'll be causing more traffic and reducing property values reigns supreme I guess.

But, transit is driven by people's uses of it and where they want it.

2 hours ago, Wilkuro said:

When I saw that article yesterday I was literally in disbelief. What entitlement. My goodness. Yes, buses are the cause of traffic and not the thousands of other cars using the road during rush h our??? And man what a sad story about the people’s lawn maintenance. I nearly cried :( 

For real this city is full of idiots. We don’t want BRT we need more service in all areas of the city!

LTC: “ok, here, we are going to service more areas of the city”

Londoners: “ummmmmm I DONT THINK SO”

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know the status of 512? This was the bus involved in the collision on Oxford street where it ended up through the side of a building in December. According to Transsee this vehicle hasn’t been in service since real-time data became available for LTC. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any reason to believe that London Transit will not go beyond NFI for buses deliveries as long as their current fleet manager is around?
Secondly, has LTC ever been involved with the CUTRIC program for alternative fueled buses, including electric? IF this is the case, they would need to (?) have other bus models to consider purchasing from and not just go with NFI...because..London,

• Root Admin
15 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Is there any reason to believe that London Transit will not go beyond NFI for buses deliveries as long as their current fleet manager is around?
Secondly, has LTC ever been involved with the CUTRIC program for alternative fueled buses, including electric? IF this is the case, they would need to (?) have other bus models to consider purchasing from and not just go with NFI...because..London,

London was part of the Metrolinx TPI program a few years/contracts back and when Nova Bus was selected as the supplier, the city opted out. I can only guess that its to due with fleet standardization. Why would they go and order a completely different model bus/manufacturer? It doesn't matter who is the fleet manager. Its common sense, financially.

I am not sure if they've ever been involved with CUTRIC, but guessing no. Perhaps someone with more knowledge about London Transit can add their points/view.

8 minutes ago, trainsubwaybus said:

Today at the Children's Museum. 509 was here for kids to show them how it works. Could anyone add this to the wiki please?

Add what to the wiki? 501-527 are already added to wiki.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/ltc-service-in-balance-as-council-talks-budget-speed-limits

I don't think I've heard of such thing as reducing frequencies due to lower speed limits. 
But on the other side, the budget and the pressures to make cuts. 
It wasn't long ago that London was considered to be one of those cities and agencies that had a proud vision to push transit forward. Forward-thinking. 
Things just don't seem to be that way anymore.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:15 PM, newflyerinvero said:

I don't think I've heard of such thing as reducing frequencies due to lower speed limits. 

Simple math ... with lower speeds, it takes longer to get from point A to point B. If you do not have enough recovery time available to take additional time from, then you have two choices. Either add a bus (very costly, most Councils do not want to do this) or reduce the headway. Thus a 20 minute route with 3 buses (round trip 60 minutes) becomes a 23 minute headway with three buses (69 minute round trip).

I applaud London Transit for their report as most Councils just add more and more barriers to reduce speeds and think there is no impact on existing service.

In Hamilton, when James and John were converted to two way many years ago, HSR said it would be at a cost of about $ 1.5 million to HSR. Council did not give additional funds and we were told just to deal with it.