London Transit Commission

GM artic 5001

1 fire and a crash to another. Wow. The 'Veros are being slowly RETIRED!!! haha!!

I wonder how us in Burlington feel now? Pull the buses off the road to look at the same problem that London's had?

From where the fire started it looked like it could have been the A/C unit that caught fire, or something in the electrical box behind the drivers compartment. It will be interesting to see if London gets this bus refurbished or not.

From where the fire started it looked like it could have been the A/C unit that caught fire, or something in the electrical box behind the drivers compartment. It will be interesting to see if London gets this bus refurbished or not.

More likely it starts from the electrical system.

Hmm ... advertising light assemblies? What exactly is it referring to? Can't be what I'm thinking of.

If you seen the Ottawa's Invero, on the driver side, there's a poster shows an ad behind the driver area. And they are the only system that uses it.

Here's an example, the green poster, courtesy from Tom's Page:

OC4455.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
are the new buses in yet

Please at least try to make an effort in finding it for youself. Most of the time you ask this, the information can be found in other threads or a page or two back. Also most likely, you will hear when a new order is placed or delivered, so you don't have to keep asking.

Please at least try to make an effort in finding it for youself. Most of the time you ask this, the information can be found in other threads or a page or two back. Also most likely, you will hear when a new order is placed or delivered, so you don't have to keep asking.

Thank you! It's been a real headache!

Was at their website this morning and there's a strong possibility of a strike by the LTC. The local union reps are in legal strike position while LTC's management are in a legal lock-out position. Any updates?

Both sides were at the mediation table yesterday. Drivers are not working overtime so rush hour buses are fuller. Talks then broke off again; but buses are running; again drivers are not working overtime so no extras on the road for the rush hour periods. Transit is in a legal position to lock out and Union could walk but no strike vote has yet been taken according to local media.

• 2 weeks later...
Both sides were at the mediation table yesterday. Drivers are not working overtime so rush hour buses are fuller. Talks then broke off again; but buses are running; again drivers are not working overtime so no extras on the road for the rush hour periods. Transit is in a legal position to lock out and Union could walk but no strike vote has yet been taken according to local media.

a friend in london sent this to me, regarding a strike at the LTC.

Source: http://www.ltconline.ca/

November 5, 2009

Notwithstanding mediation efforts, the ATU Local 741 and the London Transit Commission were unable to come to a Memorandum of Agreement.

ATU Local 741 has advised that it will completely withdraw service effective at the start of service on Monday, November 16, 2009.

The Commission had tabled an offer that it believes to be fair and responsible, particularly in light of the current economy. The Union did not alter its last position at mediation. The Commission remains committed to exploring options within the framework of the offer that has been tabled. At this time, no further talks are scheduled.

Until November 16, 2009, the Commission will continue in its efforts to provide a safe, secure and reasonably reliable service, given the level of service withdrawal by ATU Local 741. This will mean reduced service levels and customers should expect; buses to be more crowded, service delays and extended travel time, particularly in peak periods.

The Commission does not currently have any plans to lock-out its employees. Any decision to lock-out employees would become necessary only when the withdrawal of services by ATU Local 741 compromises our ability to provide a safe, secure and reasonably reliable service given the circumstances.

We thank you for your continued patience and respectfully request that passengers refrain from directing any frustration towards our Operators.

It looks like the strike is gonna happen on Monday. There still talking because the mayor got involved.

Okay, fencing is going up around the LTC yard according to the local media. This has upset the members of the Union who claims to have bargained in good faith and had gone back to working overtime since bargaining talks were scheduled.

Question, or two, if the strike goes on Monday (or any day for that matter) does the city's para-transit service continue to operate. I realize this is a contracted service but it is my understanding dispatching for the service is done by LTC staff. Would this become a service provided by management?

With the large number of university and college students in the city will those institutions augment current privately contracted services; or will everyone suddenly need to find a new method to get to university/college; not to mention to get to work. I have heard (insert name of company here) that an out of town coach operator from the Toronto area has been asked to provide an ad-hoc service. I won't go into the details here. This may or may not have some truth to it; and I have not been able to confirm the info.

Well, at least the weather is nice enough to ride bicycles for the next week.

I was downtown tonight and with the combination of activity at the John Labatt Centre and the Santa Claus Parade traffic was chaotic enough. Monday might prove to be very interesting.

The fence is up and the union is ready for a strike tomorrow. They got the wood and barrels all set up and ready to go for tomorrow. I think the para transit might still operate at a reduced rate run by management. Should be interesting tomorrow for sure.

Okay, fencing is going up around the LTC yard according to the local media. This has upset the members of the Union who claims to have bargained in good faith and had gone back to working overtime since bargaining talks were scheduled.

Question, or two, if the strike goes on Monday (or any day for that matter) does the city's para-transit service continue to operate. I realize this is a contracted service but it is my understanding dispatching for the service is done by LTC staff. Would this become a service provided by management?

With the large number of university and college students in the city will those institutions augment current privately contracted services; or will everyone suddenly need to find a new method to get to university/college; not to mention to get to work. I have heard (insert name of company here) that an out of town coach operator from the Toronto area has been asked to provide an ad-hoc service. I won't go into the details here. This may or may not have some truth to it; and I have not been able to confirm the info.

Well, at least the weather is nice enough to ride bicycles for the next week.

I was downtown tonight and with the combination of activity at the John Labatt Centre and the Santa Claus Parade traffic was chaotic enough. Monday might prove to be very interesting.

The fence is up and the union is ready for a strike tomorrow. They got the wood and barrels all set up and ready to go for tomorrow. I think the para transit might still operate at a reduced rate run by management. Should be interesting tomorrow for sure.

Yup it's official. As of Midnight tonight the buses will be parked and the strike is on. http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNe...5/?hub=CP24Home

This morning was interesting without any transit in London. The traffic was normal for a Monday morning. I didn't see too many people biking or walking. It was rather strange driving by Masonville Mall terminal at 8:00 AM and it being a ghost town. It felt so dead without any bus service on Kipps Lane, no more artics.

LT does have a new map but it seems to hard to get. I was lucky enough to get a single copy two weeks ago, I tried the garage yesterday and they didn't have any in stock.