London Transit Commission

GM artic 5001

Yes I received the information about the 2 and 4's reduction of service during the summer months.

On a different note...what would LTC be planning as far as any new services or routes in the future?

http://www.londontransit.ca/agendas/052709vii1.pdf

The above link lays out the report for the results of 2008 changes and where they are planning changes for Fall 2009

Hey I forgot you live in London! Do you know the numbers of the 2009 buses that are supposed to come in, what they'll be for sure? That way I'll know what to put for the wiki if it's right or not.

Hey I forgot you live in London! Do you know the numbers of the 2009 buses that are supposed to come in, what they'll be for sure? That way I'll know what to put for the wiki if it's right or not.

At this time I'm not to sure on the numbering of our 2009 buses. We are getting for sure 4 Eldorado's and 12 New Flyers.

Also the Fall service changes have been added to the LTC website.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm wondering if the 10/14 as well as the 17 would be HF routes come September? Or, have there been Classics spotted on those routes recently?

I have also looked at the LTC changes. They don't include the route change to the 30-Newbold which was discussed back in May or so. However, many schedule adjustments to fall services. One of the key changes was made on the 6-Richmand.

There's going to be a 6A-Richmand between downtown and UWO operating during weekdays all-day. Those runs won't be accessible, as it was noted on teh timetable. This means that Classics would be found on that route as well as the 2, 4, 10/14? 17, 27, 30, 34 and others.

• 3 weeks later...

London Transit operators (drivers) union is saying that as of September 9th drivers will not be available for voluntary overtime to back their demands for a new contract. Driver's have been without a contract since late June. The drivers are looking for increased wages to bring them to par with a other transit systems in the province of similar size including Kitchener where drivers earn approximately $2.00 and hour more than London drivers. London Transit say there could be some service disruptions as a result.

London Transit operators (drivers) union is saying that as of September 9th drivers will not be available for voluntary overtime to back their demands for a new contract. Driver's have been without a contract since late June. The drivers are looking for increased wages to bring them to par with a other transit systems in the province of similar size including Kitchener where drivers earn approximately $2.00 and hour more than London drivers. London Transit say there could be some service disruptions as a result.

Sounds like partial strike then.

The service changes proposed for September have been moved to November. I guess they figured they would have some conflicts and maybe they moved the date for that reason.

So, what service is going to be operating until November? Would the schedules be reflective of last years' service, or an extension of the summer services?

The changes for this month actually took affect last week. Who knows what's up.

On a different note....are Classics being seen on the 10/14?

Just regular fall service increases were made at the end of August. The schedules only reflect last years changes. No classics spotted on 10/14 lately.

You haven't heard anything on what the numbers of the 2009 buses are going to be eh?

Most likely the D40LF's it will be 146 and on. Not sure what LTC will be numbering the Eldorado's and artics. Looks like most of the Classics are back in action. Spotted 239 this morning on the 10 Wonderland tripper.

Most likely the D40LF's it will be 146 and on. Not sure what LTC will be numbering the Eldorado's and artics. Looks like most of the Classics are back in action. Spotted 239 this morning on the 10 Wonderland tripper.

Ok wait, are they still getting more artics?? And I predict the EZ Riders are gonna be in the 7XX. TWs are 7XX and so are Regina's. So I say 7XX just for kicks/fun.

Eldorado's? Are they going to replace the Orion II`s