Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

• 2 weeks later...

Routes in the area are delayed upwards of an hour. Shuttle buses are running but are experiencing similar delays because of roads in the area of the closure being clogged up. From a strictly operational point of view that location is terrible for such an incident to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BC_YYC said:

Lions Park Station Has been shutdown. 

Trains were moving past the station but weren’t stopping. The shuttles they sent out between Lions Park and Banff Trail were 7735, 8166, 8190, 8206, 8228, and 8311. A little overkill given how only a couple would have some passengers and the rest were empty from my observations.

• Thanks 1

"CPS matter"

Honestly, Lions Park has been getting pretty bad lately. Maybe if there were more actual patrols & cops around there? Or maybe consider having security guards from the mall walk along the street at least at the property line, to deter these things? Because I think I saw what shut it down Tuesday afternoon when I was SB to Downtown (a bunch of druggies punching eachother), which could've obviously been prevented if CPS & others would do station patrols more than when they *have* to, and clear out whats looking more and more like homeless encampments & blatant drug use meters away from families & their kids waiting for the trains/buses at Lions Park station.

I mean, that stuff is happening at many stations. Security on the spot across the network is definitely important. On top of that, perhaps a more high-level approach (beyond transit, I mean) is needed to solve this? Otherwise the problem is just going to come back anytime cops/security aren't around at any given time.

• 1 month later...