Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

• 2 weeks later...

I was quite impressed with the shuttle response times this morning when 7 Avenue was closed due to (probably ENMAX back at it). Got off at Vic Park and within a few minutes a shuttle arrived. I saw plenty of shuttles out as well, so it was wonderful to not have to jam onto a shuttle after waiting half an hour. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, downbeat said:

The CTrain has been out of commission in the downtown core all morning.

Was just involved in this. Lots of people at the 8 St W platform heading out as I was heading in from the NW. Most in-bound folks got off the train and just walked east along 7th. I needed to get to Centre St so walked to 9th Ave and caught the shuttle. Shuttle itself was not terribly full. Not bad all things considered.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pantograf said:

We were told that it will take at least 4 days to get it fixed and have trains back on 7th Ave. Sounds like after weeks of marking cables under the pavement along the avenue, they missed a spot and the Enmax remote control drill found it.

Are there enough trainsets trapped on the “wrong” side of the outage to provide adequate or frequent service?

52 minutes ago, downbeat said:

Are there enough trainsets trapped on the “wrong” side of the outage to provide adequate or frequent service?

I often wonder about these sort of things myself. So, for my transit gurus; does CT have a way to transfer trains to the "wrong side" of such an outage?

1 hour ago, Dreadteir said:

I often wonder about these sort of things myself. So, for my transit gurus; does CT have a way to transfer trains to the "wrong side" of such an outage?

Yup, they will tow trains through the “dead zone”

Track and way has a “Swingmaster” hi-rail vehicle that will couple up to the train and tow it through. (There’s a bit more to it but in a bit shell it’s easy as long as the rails are still there)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, downbeat said:

Major disruption this morning. I'm glad I checked before heading out …

https://twitter.com/calgarytransit/status/1449006115526782977?s=20

Seems to be a Stabbing downtown is the cause based on a few news articles 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-downtown-ctrain-police-incident-1.6212031