Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

• 2 weeks later...

Routes in the area are delayed upwards of an hour. Shuttle buses are running but are experiencing similar delays because of roads in the area of the closure being clogged up. From a strictly operational point of view that location is terrible for such an incident to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BC_YYC said:

Lions Park Station Has been shutdown. 

Trains were moving past the station but weren’t stopping. The shuttles they sent out between Lions Park and Banff Trail were 7735, 8166, 8190, 8206, 8228, and 8311. A little overkill given how only a couple would have some passengers and the rest were empty from my observations.

• Thanks 1

"CPS matter"

Honestly, Lions Park has been getting pretty bad lately. Maybe if there were more actual patrols & cops around there? Or maybe consider having security guards from the mall walk along the street at least at the property line, to deter these things? Because I think I saw what shut it down Tuesday afternoon when I was SB to Downtown (a bunch of druggies punching eachother), which could've obviously been prevented if CPS & others would do station patrols more than when they *have* to, and clear out whats looking more and more like homeless encampments & blatant drug use meters away from families & their kids waiting for the trains/buses at Lions Park station.

I mean, that stuff is happening at many stations. Security on the spot across the network is definitely important. On top of that, perhaps a more high-level approach (beyond transit, I mean) is needed to solve this? Otherwise the problem is just going to come back anytime cops/security aren't around at any given time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/24/2022 at 12:29 PM, R. Meu said:

A Pedestrian was struck at 39 Avenue Station earlier today. Ctrain shuttles were dispatched.

55067C03-0D7A-4860-A9BC-4E33975D9F62.jpeg

35BD528A-39E0-4018-B914-34B45562F2D8.jpeg

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I commute home from 39 Ave now, and over the past month I have seen three separate incidents of homeless people who have either fallen on to the tracks or lost their shopping cart over the side and are frantically trying to recover their things. Mind you I'm only ever standing there for ~5 minutes at a time.

I'm not sure what's in the drugs these days but the transit homeless population are clearly impaired to the point where their short term memories and balance centres are utterly shot.

• Sad 2

On 3/27/2022 at 6:08 PM, chills_on_the_train said:

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I commute home from 39 Ave now, and over the past month I have seen three separate incidents of homeless people who have either fallen on to the tracks or lost their shopping cart over the side and are frantically trying to recover their things. Mind you I'm only ever standing there for ~5 minutes at a time.

I'm not sure what's in the drugs these days but the transit homeless population are clearly impaired to the point where their short term memories and balance centres are utterly shot.

I presume theres no such thing as CPS/peace officer checks at 39 Ave anymore? The focus is always on the other stations, but rarely do I ever see any at 39 Ave. Its also why I purposely take the 10 between there & Downtown now, if I have to be anywhere in that area on foot. Its just not safe anymore. 

22 hours ago, armorand said:

I presume theres no such thing as CPS/peace officer checks at 39 Ave anymore? The focus is always on the other stations, but rarely do I ever see any at 39 Ave. Its also why I purposely take the 10 between there & Downtown now, if I have to be anywhere in that area on foot. Its just not safe anymore. 

There’s probably still checks around, maybe its just timing. You do realize this isnt just limited to 39th avenue, but rather the entire LRT network itself as a whole.

I don’t believe that you would purposely take the 10 to downtown all the time unless the timing lines up given how it is on a 45 minute frequency all day (or even the 449 which is 1 bus @ 50 minute frequency). Sometimes you might just have to take the train if you got places to go despite all the problems going on.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The C-Train shuttles running between Sunnyside and Lions Park this morning were 7729, 7754, 7903 and 7933.  Here are photos of both 7729 and 7754 at 5 Avenue and 11 St NW, and 7903 attempting a turn from 5 Avenue onto 10 Street NW.

*P.S.* Special thanks to the op driving 7903 for the friendly hand gesture while I was getting a photo of it!

Calgary Transit 7729 4-27-22.jpg

Calgary Transit 7754 4-27-22.jpg

Calgary Transit 7903 4-27-22.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the CTrain disruptions list again … I just noticed there are also additional shuttles going from the Blue Line temporary terminus stations (Westbrook and Bridgeland) to near Victoria Park/Stampede station for the Flames away game viewing event on Sunday.

https://www.calgarytransit.com/content/transit/en/home/service-updates/ctrain-service.html

4 hours ago, vicinity said:

Artics out of Vp for both red and blue line shuttles and 2 40 ft buses out of Vp for the Sunalta shuttle, may be 7848, 7981

VP is closed on weekends so they moved 7848 and 7981 and some articulated buses to SG

13 minutes ago, DB 1999 said:

VP is closed on weekends so they moved 7848 and 7981 and some articulated buses to SG

That's not true, some times when they need to keep another garage open for dispatching artics on the weekend, they will actually open the garage directly to dispatch buses from.  Its much easier than ferrying 10 or so buses to SG and then ferrying them back at the end of the weekend.

• Like 1