Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

No Trains between Saddletowne to McKnight. Due to track-circuit issue. (According to Calgary Transit's Twitter)

Shuttle Buses shuttling passengers to Saddletowne. There's only 4 Buses on Replacement Shuttle at the time of post, all packed. With rush-hour commencing, it's going to be a long-commute home for some. 

3 hours ago, Greatcoinz said:

No Trains between Saddletowne to McKnight. Due to track-circuit issue. (According to Calgary Transit's Twitter)

Shuttle Buses shuttling passengers to Saddletowne. There's only 4 Buses on Replacement Shuttle at the time of post, all packed. With rush-hour commencing, it's going to be a long-commute home for some. 

Track circuit is down. ?

On 12/4/2018 at 3:44 PM, Greatcoinz said:

Was due to someone stealing copper wires required for signals: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-transit-copper-theft-repair-outage-1.4934297

• 3 months later...

202 - Blue Line - Saddletowne / 69 Street CTrain

March 24: Blue Line West Closed in 12 days 
Temporary service change

Affected route(s): 202

In effect: March 24, 2019 - March 24, 2019

On Sunday, March 24 the west leg of the Blue Line will be closed until 7:00 p.m.  Shuttle buses replace CTrain service to all stations on Blue Line West (between Downtown West/Kerby and 69 Street stations).

To provide efficient shuttle service, there are two separate shuttles:

Maps of the closure and shuttle stops will be posted soon.

Why is this disruption necessary?

We’re conducting maintenance on overhead contact wires including replacing worn parts and balance weights that keep tension on the wires. We’re also doing maintenance inside tunnels on our fire suppression and ventilation systems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TimmyC62 said:

A minor (~30 mins) station closure at Brentwood today due to CPS matter - a doggo was involved, sniffing all along the platform and garbage bags: 

D4n2x8yUUAAJkya.jpg

Poor dog sniffing around at the platform.. It's pretty gross

• Like 1

Nice touch by the operator of the CTrain I was riding earlier, who during an announcement promised “fancy shuttle buses” to connect passengers between Marlborough and Rundle stations during the planned service disruption. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, downbeat said:

Nice touch by the operator of the CTrain I was riding earlier, who during an announcement promised “fancy shuttle buses” to connect passengers between Marlborough and Rundle stations during the planned service disruption. 

Lol! I think I know who that was!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, 1604 said:

Maybe they can save some money, doing these transfers at Victoria Park/Stampede, when they're ripping up the old station. I can only imagine it now...

? save a horse, ride a CTrain ? (gets shoved in there by a transit officer, like they do for the high speed rail cars in Japan)

oshiya6.jpg

...seriously though, so how often does something like this happen in Calgary, train to train transfers in the middle of the railway? just out of sheer curiosity.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Not sure if it's smoke or steam, but the switch at city Hall station were emitting something. Fire department on scene

Took the Red shuttle from 7 St to Erlton. No one on the bus knew what was going on. I pulled up the shuttle map and basically told everyone where to go. Zero communication from the driver. He was almost pissed off people were asking him questions. 

Great to see all the shuttles out there though! 

7 minutes ago, yvarushin said:

Took the Red shuttle from 7 St to Erlton. No one on the bus knew what was going on. I pulled up the shuttle map and basically told everyone where to go. Zero communication from the driver. He was almost pissed off people were asking him questions. 

Great to see all the shuttles out there though! 

I saw it from the Max Purple. Was lucky enough to catch 7675 as a shuttle!

20190603_110318.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yvarushin said:

That was the shuttle I was on, haha.

That driver as friendly when I (and others) were talking to him.

---

According to my mom, northwest bound red line and westbound blue line could go through. It was only the southbound red line and northeast bound blue line that were stopped

15 minutes ago, yvarushin said:

That was the shuttle I was on, haha.

That driver as friendly when I (and others) were talking to him.

---

According to my mom, northwest bound red line and westbound blue line could go through. It was only the southbound red line and northeast bound blue line that were stopped.

Observed a large group of people at Bridgeland station when I drove past around noon. There was an XD40 in the shuttle bus bay. A D40LFR was not far behind, waiting to loop around at the Zoo overpass. (Sorry, didn't catch any fleet numbers.)