Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

How were the loads on the XD40's used on the C-Train shuttles this weekend? I saw some pictures of long lines at Bridgeland, but wasn't in the area to see for myself. I assume they have to have higher frequency during midday compared to running the D60LFR's or XD60's out of VP before March to ensure everyone gets on.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, vicinity said:

I think it's a typo cus one looks like the red line ( train schedule) and the other looks like the bus schedule 

Oh yes I see that now. 

Speaking of shuttles though, anyone remember the old 553 shuttle that would run Erlton-Bridgeland?

WOW! Nice pic! I think what happened there was "the train got dumped" (went past a red signal) and the train ended up in the switches.

When that happens the switches need to be taken off power and put into manual before the train to move.

Probably took a little bit of time for a supervisor to show up and to perform that procedure. That's probably why they ran a single-track... to keep trains moving!?

22 hours ago, LRT said:

WOW! Nice pic! I think what happened there was "the train got dumped" (went past a red signal) and the train ended up in the switches.

When that happens the switches need to be taken off power and put into manual before the train to move.

Probably took a little bit of time for a supervisor to show up and to perform that procedure. That's probably why they ran a single-track... to keep trains moving!?

It was weird though, right after I posted the pic, the train on the inbound track offloaded it's passengers (the only ones were in the third car, still in the station) and the train on the outbound track left. Then the IB track train moved back into the station.

Emergency catenary repair tonight on the inbound side of the Crowchild tunnel, south portal.

Currently the inbound side of Banff Trail is closed, trains using one outbound track and switching back using the banff trail crossovers...

YEAH MBS'ING! 

21 hours ago, LRT said:

Emergency catenary repair tonight on the inbound side of the Crowchild tunnel, south portal.

Currently the inbound side of Banff Trail is closed, trains using one outbound track and switching back using the banff trail crossovers...

YEAH MBS'ING! 

It was great having 30 minute gaps between trains 

• 5 weeks later...

Over the July long weekend, Rundle and Whitehorn stations will be closed. Articulated (extra large) shuttle buses will connect you between Marlborough and McKnight-Westwinds stations and will run every five minutes.

Why is this disruption necessary?

We are completing a number of maintenance projects including:

• Preventative maintenance on the overhead contact wires between Marlborough and McKnight-Westwinds stations.
  • Platform track surfacing.
  • Repairing a rail crossing.
  • Modifications to the approach warning system at Whitehorn Station.
  • Building repairs at Whitehorn Station.

Does anyone know what 'modifications to the approach warning system at Whitehorn' entails?

5 hours ago, 1604 said:

Over the July long weekend, Rundle and Whitehorn stations will be closed. Articulated (extra large) shuttle buses will connect you between Marlborough and McKnight-Westwinds stations and will run every five minutes.

Why is this disruption necessary?

We are completing a number of maintenance projects including:

• Preventative maintenance on the overhead contact wires between Marlborough and McKnight-Westwinds stations.
  • Platform track surfacing.
  • Repairing a rail crossing.
  • Modifications to the approach warning system at Whitehorn Station.
  • Building repairs at Whitehorn Station.

Does anyone know what 'modifications to the approach warning system at Whitehorn' entails?

If it's not to increase train speed between Rundle and Whitehorn, it beats me

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, yvarushin said:

Ugh, I can only imagine what the replacement parts cost. How does insurance work on this type of situation?

City vehicles are self insured meaning they, not a third party, absorb all costs in such and incident (damage, liability, etc)

• Thanks 1