Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

1 hour ago, LRT said:

Emergency isolator repair being made as we speak at Victoria Park stampede. Trains are going around the work area outbound on the inbound and then back outbound on the outbound

There can't be any better location then the outbound track at Vic Park for that to happen!

1 hour ago, Chinese Daniel said:

So in the future, No more Articulated bus for C-TRAIN shuttles? or because only few station close?

That's an assumption. The reason for 40 foot buses instead of 60 foot buses is still unknown and speculatjon is unconfirmed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blake M said:

Source: Crackmacs

19224804_1760288607319570_3830400041143070373_n.jpg

Just wondering, will CT repair U2's that are involved in crashes like these or will they just retire them?

Probably depending on the amount of damage and cost to repair. 

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/driver-and-passenger-escape-through-sunroof-after-car-crushed-between-ctrain-and-platform-1.3464924

• Like 1

It's a ramp car. I took a look at the damage car 47, it's definitely going to need a new coupler, right lower quarter repair to the cab and a section below the door that I could see it's mostly cosmetic. Depending on the overall condition of that car which looks decent and it being a ramp  car it'll probably be repaired but that's just my guess.

The damage  on the Audi will probably be able to be buffed out?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LRT said:

It's a ramp car. I took a look at the damage car 47, it's definitely going to need a new coupler, right lower quarter repair to the cab and a section below the door that I could see it's mostly cosmetic. Depending on the overall condition of that car which looks decent and it being a ramp  car it'll probably be repaired but that's just my guess.

The damage  on the Audi will probably be able to be buffed out?

This was a red light runner wasn't it?

• 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Nick B said:

CTrains only running to 39 Ave from Somerset this morning. Shuttle buses in effect from Chinook to downtown. Information obtained from the radio.

Car vs train at 50 avenue. Virtually no damage. Wont be long at all.

• Like 1