Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

And once again weather plays havoc with CTrain operations, though not as bad. Theres some siding thats partially came off a building by 7th Street station due to the wind so they've closed the station temporarily for safety reasons. 6th was closed earlier for an unknown reason as well, and 8th was reportedly being closed off by CPS at one point this morning as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Major disruption to the 202 this evening. CPS closed both Bridgeland and Zoo stations due to some sort of investigation, supposedly theres a number of injured people as well

3 stabbed, 3 injuried on the train outbound from downtown, Bridgeland still closed, trains are still running through the platform though... shuttle buses filling the void

Yesterday about this time, the NE line was stopped at a stand still as both crossing gates at the Deerfoot crossing broke and fouled the inbound train, one gate was tangled in the catenary and the inbound train was stuck on the Deerfoot bridge for about an hour. Lots of fun!!

Yesterday about this time, the NE line was stopped at a stand still as both crossing gates at the Deerfoot crossing broke and fouled the inbound train, one gate was tangled in the catenary and the inbound train was stuck on the Deerfoot bridge for about an hour. Lots of fun!!

10 minute serivice diisruption in the nw, i was at dalhousie and saw the stragest thing 2263 key 02 was heading to crowfoot stopped at dalhousie said that it was now a somerset train. and headed south again not even going to crowfoot............ does anyone know why this might take place

They'll sometimes do that if theres a problem in the area with a train, and too many trains in the area. They did a similar short turn at University a couple weeks back after a problem with a train that got stuck in the Crowchild tunnel, the train came through the other side of the tunnel and pulled into the station and the operator made an announcement that the train was heading south again and anyone wanting to go north needs to wait on the platform for the next north bound train. At this point there had been about 6 trains that had gone north from university but none south, and the platform was crowded to the point people were unable to even go down the stairs from the upper part of the station.

10 minute serivice diisruption in the nw, i was at dalhousie and saw the stragest thing 2263 key 02 was heading to crowfoot stopped at dalhousie said that it was now a somerset train. and headed south again not even going to crowfoot............ does anyone know why this might take place

yup, that is a short turn, it headed back south on time another train must of been seconds behind it almost empty.

SO this happens often? pr just whenever a train is super late.....

It actually happens more often then you think, usually during the end of rush hour or when a train breaks down, lets say for example if I am running on the trains time behind me they will short turn me into University, Brentwood or Dahlhousie depending how back up trains are. In the N.E train swaps are more common due to the lack of power switches. Just last week I swapped my train it was inbound at Franklin, because the outbound train was running on my time and I was running on the inbounds time, I got to go home on time and my relief took over the train on schedule.

Yep we lost both the Interlocks at Oliver Bowen and Mcknight. Key 41 got stuck at the platform and Key 42 got stuck inbetween the two Interlocks. They short-turn acouple of trains at Whitehorn. I got to be the test train to see if all was working when they got power back. They did acouple signal bypasses when the supervisors and track and way got there.

Yep we lost both the Interlocks at Oliver Bowen and Mcknight. Key 41 got stuck at the platform and Key 42 got stuck inbetween the two Interlocks. They short-turn acouple of trains at Whitehorn. I got to be the test train to see if all was working when they got power back. They did acouple signal bypasses when the supervisors and track and way got there.

Good thing I'm on holidays!!

Good thing I'm on holidays!!

train 2022 short turned at franklin today.... it was heading to citycentre at about 9 30am then there was a mechanical problem so the oporater

put the train out of service switched ends and parked in the spare track for about 10 minutes then headed north on the southboud track.........

i found that quite intersting p.s there were announcements of 15 minute delays on the ne line

In case anyone was wondering why early morning 201's were not on regular schedule today, there was a fire aboard an outbound 201 at Fish Creek. Car 2090 was car that had the fire related to electrical wires. The Fire Department, EMS and CPS responded. Many trains were off schedule for a trip or so.

there was a fire aboard an outbound 201 at Fish Creek. Car 2090 was car that had the fire related to electrical wires. The Fire Department, EMS and CPS responded. Many trains were off schedule for a trip or so.

Car 2090!!! That's funny!!

It's was just a matter of time that somthing would happen to that car....

It seems like they haven't fully tested this car before sending it out for service.

When this car 2090 first came out it had flattened wheels due to one side of the car not communicating to the other side. A few weeks ago it had problems related to overhead power and the pantograph coming off the catenary wiring.

2090 was back in service today as a PM extra out of Haysboro.

• 2 weeks later...

Power outage eastbound on 7th ave and caused a closure of 7th ave for all trains at the tail end of rush hour, one train stuck at Olympic Plaza, south trains turned back at Stampede, east trains turned back at Bridgeland and NW trains turned back at 8st west. Ctrain shuttle filled the void....what a mess!!

Power was restored around 1930hrs.

Power outage eastbound on 7th ave and caused a closure of 7th ave for all trains at the tail end of rush hour, one train stuck at Olympic Plaza, south trains turned back at Stampede, east trains turned back at Bridgeland and NW trains turned back at 8st west. Ctrain shuttle filled the void....what a mess!!

Power was restored around 1930hrs.

I think you mean power was out westbound...

Question from another forum for anyone that may know the answer:

...one of the [LRT consists] at a stop close to Crowchild/Nose Hill DR was stopped with close to 10 transit police plus firefighters, ambulance, and regular police around it last night. Anyone know what went on?