DATS Buses

A. Wong

Today I think I saw a Diamond coach going WB on 118 Avenue by Coliseum.

It was either that or 5001.

I suspect something is up with those Diamond's... Mike spotted one inside of Paterson shop with some seats removed, and others were parked at Davies MES.

Incidentally... also around Davies MES... spotted an (ex?) ETS van with the blue and yellow stripes... Although, a panel had been replaced, so it was only half of the van on one side with the stripes.

Still in city use.... just not sure if transit is using it.

EPCOR at one point had a ETS van for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

5004 was out today.

Also, I got a decent look at 5098 (Diamond Coach) in passing on 97 Street. It has the new Econoline front end. But I don't know if they are 25' or 22' yet, my guess would be 25' making it a Diamond Coach VIP 2500 (176" Ford E-450).

Spotted 5003 today out at A1. Front end is totally burnt up.

Got a couple pics from the fence. ok standing on a car parked outside the fence. but i havent taken the pics off my cam yet!

I took some photos a few months back of that bus there. I don't, however, recall if I posted them or not.

Still trying to figure out why he would buy a burnt out Corbeil.

I took some photos a few months back of that bus there. I don't, however, recall if I posted them or not.

No idea why he would but i did talk to Cliff today for a bit and he told me he sent about 35 buses off to the wreckers a little bit ago.

989 or whatever it is is sitting out there too half done into a motorhome. i tried to make him an offer on it but he said the guy is going to finish it. bummer too cause it had 2 air conditioning units in it and a Recaro seat.

No idea why he would but i did talk to Cliff today for a bit and he told me he sent about 35 buses off to the wreckers a little bit ago.

989 or whatever it is is sitting out there too half done into a motorhome. i tried to make him an offer on it but he said the guy is going to finish it. bummer too cause it had 2 air conditioning units in it and a Recaro seat.

Yeah, I believe he ran out of places to store the buses. I believe they were going to same place as ETS was sending their buses.

Check into ex EFD #803.

While it's not set up as a motorhome exactly, it certainly has a lot of modifcations done that puts it on it's way to being a motorhome. Granted, it's only 35'.

Yeah, I believe he ran out of places to store the buses. I believe they were going to same place as ETS was sending their buses.

Check into ex EFD #803.

While it's not set up as a motorhome exactly, it certainly has a lot of modifcations done that puts it on it's way to being a motorhome. Granted, it's only 35'.

That might be a good idea to do.

Cliff is actually storing buses and cars on the roadside of the fence on his small lot now because he has cut down his space.

989 and another white ETS Jimmy used to reside in a lot on 112 Ave., then 989 was moved to the front of A-1.

I took some photos when it was still at MES.

I remember M. Parsons posting photos while 5003 was at A-1.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a bunch of Diamond's...

At least 4 behind Percy Wickman (heh, maybe a visit to Percy Wickman open house would be worth it to get a shot of a Diamond).

The annoying thing was... I was heading to work after visiting Churchill Square and had been there longer than intended, so didn't have time to jump off of the bus when I saw a Diamond sitting outside of Ferrier, just begging to be photographed.

And here she is... #5102. Now that I've finally had a better look at one... not a bad looking bus. Hope they work out for ETS!!!

FWIW, I reached my arm and camera over the fence to get the door side shot.... I wasn't actually on the other side of the fence.

#59 has a recent propane certification decal.

DSC04656.JPG

DSC04728.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

So.... DATS has operated RekVee Club Cars.

These "buses" mostly showed up with Ontario properties, and only 2 are apparently known to have had wheelchair lifts. I would assume Edmonton's had wheelchair lifts, either being former Ontario units, or else unknown units to the author of the page I've provided a link to in this post.

The fleet number almost looks like 690... at least it certainly does appear to be a X90.

690 is actually plausible for a bus from 1974-1975, two of the years the Club Car was produced.

This is not my photo, but rather, is a photo I took of a photo. Thanks to whoever originally took this!

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/builders/rekvee.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/builders/utdc.html

DSC05699.jpg