They're Not Dead Yet!

RTS_04

I got an update on the D35LFs once a part of the AATA Bus fleet:

Midwest Bus of Owosso, Michigan bought 5 of the AATA buses from the auction back in September. They rebuild the old buses and sell them to tranist operators.

I am keeping tabs on old AATA Bus 374, simply because she's my favorite bus.

Here are a couple of pics that I took of 374:

Bus_374.jpg

Bus_374__5_.jpg

Bus_374__10_.jpg

Bus_374__24_.jpg

Bus_374__35_.jpg

I got an update on the D35LFs once a part of the AATA Bus fleet:

Midwest Bus of Owosso, Michigan bought 5 of the AATA buses from the auction back in September. They rebuild the old buses and sell them to tranist operators.

I am keeping tabs on old AATA Bus 374, simply because she's my favorite bus.

Here are a couple of pics that I took of 374:

Wow. Obsessive-compulsive at all? :rolleyes:

Wow. Obsessive-compulsive at all? :lol:

Nah. Just madly in love with this bus!

I can say without hesitation that it all started off as a Love Story.

Although, obessed because I have autsim, yeah, you can say too.

Buses were a dormant obsession until college. I can hardly wait to see 374 again.

Love to buy her, but Midwest Bus doesn't sell to private owners. A rebuilt bus would go for as little $70,000.

I actually got a chance to talk to a few people at Midwest Bus.

Nah. Just madly in love with this bus!

I can say without hesitation that it all started off as a Love Story.

Although, obessed because I have autsim, yeah, you can say too.

Buses were a dormant obsession until college. I can hardly wait to see 374 again.

Love to buy her, but Midwest Bus doesn't sell to private owners. A rebuilt bus would go for as little $70,000.

I actually got a chance to talk to a few people at Midwest Bus.

Sounded more like a luck story than a love story -- but a good story nonetheless.

Midwest will sell to almost anyone who shows up with cash. Those buses will be in demand, though, as they're LF. The $70k figure sounds about right.

Sounded more like a luck story than a love story -- but a good story nonetheless.

Midwest will sell to almost anyone who shows up with cash. Those buses will be in demand, though, as they're LF. The $70k figure sounds about right.

That's a little something I wish I had.

I hope to wheel and deal with the Pres of Midwest Bus. Right now, I can't buy 374, but for all I know, 374 will go to another transit operator and run another 5-10 years. Who knows? She might wind back up in Lansing with another $2000 price tag on her!

A little wishful thinking, but it's clear to me: If there was no chance of me acquiring 374 down the line, I would never have found her.

That's a little something I wish I had.

I hope to wheel and deal with the Pres of Midwest Bus. Right now, I can't buy 374, but for all I know, 374 will go to another transit operator and run another 5-10 years. Who knows? She might wind back up in Lansing with another $2000 price tag on her!

A little wishful thinking, but it's clear to me: If there was no chance of me acquiring 374 down the line, I would never have found her.

A little? Try a lot. That's not going to happen, and don't even waste your time bothering MWB with those fantasies. I don't mean to sound rude, but the more they have to deal with a bus fan foaming at the mouth over one particular bus and making absurdly low-ball offers for its purchase, the less likely they'll be understanding of those who simply want to shoot coaches waiting to be rebuilt. Take solace that bus will work hard elsewhere, move on, and see if there's something in AATA's current fleet you can enjoy (the Opuses are a rare breed these days, and rather good buses).

They will get good money for those buses. If they were 30-year-old high-floor buses thrashed to an inch of their lives, then perhaps you could get them to come down. These are solid LF buses, and there is still a demand for LF today. Lafayette, IN bought some already, and I imagine they may buy a few of these, as well.

Your best bet was to have bought it the first time 'round. Sorry.

A little? Try a lot. That's not going to happen, and don't even waste your time bothering MWB with those fantasies. I don't mean to sound rude, but the more they have to deal with a bus fan foaming at the mouth over one particular bus and making absurdly low-ball offers for its purchase, the less likely they'll be understanding of those who simply want to shoot coaches waiting to be rebuilt. Take solace that bus will work hard elsewhere, move on, and see if there's something in AATA's current fleet you can enjoy (the Opuses are a rare breed these days, and rather good buses).

They will get good money for those buses. If they were 30-year-old high-floor buses thrashed to an inch of their lives, then perhaps you could get them to come down. These are solid LF buses, and there is still a demand for LF today. Lafayette, IN bought some already, and I imagine they may buy a few of these, as well.

Your best bet was to have bought it the first time 'round. Sorry.

You're probably right, but I'll try anyway.

I have made a few trips on the Opus buses: I wasn't too thrilled: they're noisey and they are rather bumpy.

I've already got my sights locked on another bus in the AATA fleet: BUS 426.

She's a Gillig Low Floor, a 35-footer, has the same engine model as 374--Cummins ISL--but has a more powerful engine to offset the weight of all the new emission standards equipment, rides nice and she's fast too, despite weighing nearly 10 tons.

Bus 426 came with a group of five buses in 2004 (425-429). Out of the five, 426 is the fastest, both in speed and acceleration. I've given 426 the nickname of "Rocket."

Heck, 426 saw me five times in one day. Funny how that works out.

Here's what she looks like:

Bus_426.jpg