Modifying a page title

YRT-Guy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please rename

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Coast_Mountain_Bus_Company_route_320_%27Langley_/_Guildford_/_Surrey_Central_Station%27 to

'Coast Mountain Bus Company route 320 'Langley Centre / Fleetwood / Surrey Central Station'

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Coast_Mountain_Bus_Company_route_321_%27White_Rock_/_Newton_/_Surrey_Central_Station%27 to

Coast Mountain Bus Company route 321 'White Rock Centre / Newton Exchange / Surrey Central Station'

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Coast_Mountain_Bus_Company_route_351_%27Crescent_Beach_/_Bridgeport_Station%27 to
Coast Mountain Bus Company route 351 'Crescent Beach / White Rock Centre / Bridgeport Station'

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Coast_Mountain_Bus_Company_route_502_%27Langley_Centre_/_Brookswood%27 to
Coast Mountain Bus Company route 502 'Langley Centre / Brookswood / Surrey Central Station'

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Coast_Mountain_Bus_Company_route_130_%27Metrotown_/_Hastings_/_Kootenay_/_Cap_U%27 to

Coast Mountain Bus Company route 130 'Metrotown / Hastings / Kootenay / Phibbs Exchange / Cap U'

Thank you

This page should be renamed to Dallas Area Rapid Transit 39001-39156.

The title in this page has the word Aera misspelled when it should be Area.

I've realized that I made a typo for the name of this page. The comma between 1011 and 1027 should be a hyphen.

Edited by Cappy

Two things

-Why do the routes need to be moved to a different number? Couldn't a link on the new route number page reference the previous route number in the history section?

-If I move a page to one that already has been started (ie 332 Eglinton West) it will delete what is already there on the page.

Two things

-Why do the routes need to be moved to a different number? Couldn't a link on the new route number page reference the previous route number in the history section?

-If I move a page to one that already has been started (ie 332 Eglinton West) it will delete what is already there on the page.

-The TTC has renumbered a bunch of the night routes to be more consistent with their daytime counterparts. Otherwise the routes themselves are still the same as before; they're not 'new' routes or anything. It's a little different than how Ottawa does their routes. Maintaining a redirect from the old number to the new number is needed, but the pages need to be titled and referred to by their new numbers.

-TorontoTransportGuy was the one who made the new pages. For some routes he tried copying over the data that was on the previous page, and made errors. On some other pages there's literally a single line of text. Other pages still haven't been created yet. Standard practice for Wikimedia is supposed to maintain the edit history on the pages so that one can see the history of the page as it's evolved, but not all users try to follow that standard on here, and some select users always want to be the ones to make an edit first (even if it's incorrect or filled with errors <_<).

-The TTC has renumbered a bunch of the night routes to be more consistent with their daytime counterparts. Otherwise the routes themselves are still the same as before; they're not 'new' routes or anything. It's a little different than how Ottawa does their routes. Maintaining a redirect from the old number to the new number is needed, but the pages need to be titled and referred to by their new numbers.

Understood. That's what had me a little hesitant to do the move.

Thank you for the earlier moves with the GO and TTC route pages Kevin... unfortunately I realized after the fact that I screwed up two of the links in my earlier post, so that the York Mills page title went to the Wilson route page, and the Wilson page title went to the York Mills route page. Is there a way to swap the titles of these pages?

I also have a few more page moves...

This page to Burlington Transit 8090-12 to 8093-12
This page to Burlington Transit 8094-13 to 8096-13
And this page needs to be deleted.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

This page should be renamed to Delaware Transit Corporation 101-107 (1st), 108-110, 111-115 (1st), 116-120, 121-128 (1st), 129-130, 131-155 (1st).

This page should be renamed to Delaware Transit Corporation 261-273.

This page should be renamed to Delaware Transit Corporation 274-292.

This page should be renamed to Delaware Transit Corporation 301-320 (2nd), 321-322.

• 1 month later...