BCT-3122-D800-10240

Winnipeg Transit and area

That's interesting info. I know they were thinking of moving up the artics, adding them one by one as soon as they're ready instead of waiting until 10 or 20 were could be introduced in one big splash. The other rumour I've heard is that they are to be deployed where overcrowding is thought to be the worst... on the 55 and the south St. Vital expresses (some combo or subset of 54, 58 and 59).

It would be quite ironic if the artics don't end up on the rt. I always thought that was the whole point of buying them...

The one I saw a few months back at Flyer was done in standard Winnipeg Transit white with black so any RT service will likely be rush hour. I can think of other daytime routes that could used them more.

A Nova Bus enroute to BC Transit (Victoria) stopped by Fort Rouge Garage on Tuesday ...

BC Transit 9444 2013 NovaBus LFS40102.jpg

2013 NovaBus LFS40102 (V.I.N. 2NVYL82U3D3000857)

Hmm, I don't know if I like seeing another Novabus coming to Victoria. Ever since 2006, it's been Nova after Nova, it would be nice to see a "New" Flyer!

Hmm, I don't know if I like seeing another Novabus coming to Victoria. Ever since 2006, it's been Nova after Nova, it would be nice to see a "New" Flyer!

That's how I felt when I was living there and saw D40LF after D40LF arrive...

That's how I felt when I was living there and saw D40LF after D40LF arrive...

I'm scared that BC Transit might try out Novabus for their upcoming CNG fleet. If one of Vancouver's CNG buses exploded, and they're New Flyer; imagine what a Nova would do! :blink:

Spotted 910 doing an all-day run on Route 24 Monday! Also, 373 on Route 24 as well that afternoon, its nice to see orange :)

Spring schedules come in effect on April 14th

Only 2 route changes.

78 will extend to IKEA and 32 North Main Express will have a new downtown terminal (not sure where, UofW prehaps)

Nothing on the website yet. Saw the poster on a bus this afternoon.

32 still the same they just put it on York st where the 16 18 60 stop

The only bus that uses that stop now is the 32. It's already in effect. The routes that used to use that stop now observe a stop on Osborne at York instead.

Spring schedules come in effect on April 14th

Only 2 route changes.

78 will extend to IKEA and 32 North Main Express will have a new downtown terminal (not sure where, UofW prehaps)

Nothing on the website yet. Saw the poster on a bus this afternoon.

With Bouclair Homes, Pita Pit and Cabela's opening very soon, it'd just be better to have an Polo Park - Ikea section of Route 78, instead of the extension. And maybe a Route 86 extension too. Just gotta wait and see!

Spotted either 808 or 809 in revenue service the other day. If the last Classics havent been retired yet (I've seen 332 keep going lately), seem the D40s are next... :(

Spotted either 808 or 809 in revenue service the other day. If the last Classics haven't been retired yet (I've seen 332 keep going lately), seem the D40s are next... :(

The Winnipeg Classics and d40's are almost gone? With Winnipeg's D40's on the way out and the unknown future of our last one out here, there may not be any left in existence by the end of the year. At least our Classics have at least a few more years left in them.

MTHA has one saved up, maybe add another D40 or few for spare parts, but otherwise unless Winnipeg auctions them off, they're all destined for scrap :(

Spotted either 808 or 809 in revenue service the other day. If the last Classics havent been retired yet (I've seen 332 keep going lately), seem the D40s are next... :(

My GF has driven 310 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Her back is taking a beating from it. The sooner the high floor buses are gone the better.

My GF has driven 310 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Her back is taking a beating from it. The sooner the high floor buses are gone the better.

I haven't seen 310 since I rode it home on Route 24 from Unicity a few weeks ago. And even then, the bus was rattling like crazy. The D40s are much better to ride. Reminds me, spotted 373 on the 21/22 (didnt get the number from the back window - too much dirt on it) this afternoon after work. Nice to still see Orange and Cream :)

In other news, I wonder who does the runs on Route 26 weekday mornings. At my stop (#20112, 9:37am), for this winters run, I've been getting an INSANELY polite driver! It's quite awesome :D

They're that bad!? At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if one just completely falls apart after hitting a pothole somewhere.

They're that bad!? At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if one just completely falls apart after hitting a pothole somewhere.

Westbound Portage/Rita (#20221). Massive pothole there. Someone want to help me film this? :P

When they're "oddballs" of the fleet and don't get the same care other buses do, they will deteriorate. The ride will be rough if not taken care of and it's of course worse for the operator who drives it for hours.

When they're "oddballs" of the fleet and don't get the same care other buses do, they will deteriorate. The ride will be rough if not taken care of and it's of course worse for the operator who drives it for hours.

Pretty sure our D40i Inveros are gonna get treated like the Classics someday, if not already.

I understand IKEA has chosen to discontinue the shuttle service between IKEA and Polo Park effective with the general service changes April 14th.