BCT-3122-D800-10240

Winnipeg Transit and area

I think you will be waiting a long while yet. Unless Team White retires it's not likely to change any time soon.

Boo. If I ever become Mayor, first thing I'm doing is repainting the buse's

At the WT garages, what are the three pronged things hanging off every garage door for

As seen in this pic behind the bus http://cptdb.ca/wiki...Transit_360.jpg

I guess to keep the garage door from closing on the bus.

Surprisngly, 360 is still running. And that'd be my guess as well.

EDIT: BCT commented a few seconds before I did, and guessed I was right in guessing!

EDIT: BCT commented a few seconds before I did, and guessed I was right in guessing!

But it says its "Not in service" :P

But it says its "Not in service" :P

I meant that I saw it on the 78 an week or two ago, but for that photo, yes. Yes it is :P

Yep. I believe you can open the door with it aswell.

When the bus hits the wands from the inside it opens the doors and they stay open until the bus is past. Then after a sec or two and the doors close

Has there been any recording of ridership on the feeders and main St. James-area routes in the past iunno.. 3-5 years?

360 was refurbished along with the 1994 D40's, so I can see that bus lasting a bit longer than the older ones. 863 will probably hang around for a bit longer too.

360 was refurbished along with the 1994 D40's, so I can see that bus lasting a bit longer than the older ones. 863 will probably hang around for a bit longer too.

Good thing too! I prefer the brown seating over the fuzzy blue stuff, or worse, the worn-out orange seating

Good thing too! I prefer the brown seating over the fuzzy blue stuff, or worse, the worn-out orange seating

I thought the brown seats are gone! You mean it's still here?

I remember a long time ago where there was a bus that had the aisle facing bench that was super long. From the back doors all the way to the end.

I remember a long time ago where there was a bus that had the aisle facing bench that was super long. From the back doors all the way to the end.

Ah yes, those long bench seats. If memory serves they were in the 10ish GM fishbowls (numbered 290-299) and the 10ish flyer d800s (numbered 380-389) that came second hand from Calgary.

I thought the brown seats are gone! You mean it's still here?

Those were GMC's (fishbowls) from Calgary. We had 10. They were retired in 1999. The rear seating was called horseshoe. Seat cushions were blue.

Those were GMC's (fishbowls) from Calgary. We had 10. They were retired in 1999. The rear seating was called horseshoe. Seat cushions were blue.

Surprised their Calgary counterparts are still going in 2012 to be honest!

Ah yes, those long bench seats. If memory serves they were in the 10ish GM fishbowls (numbered 290-299) and the 10ish flyer d800s (numbered 380-389) that came second hand from Calgary.

Those are the new looks I remember the most. not only the Calgary style seating, but they were the only ones with the V730 Allison transmission in the Peg. The Edmonton D800's were quite distinctive as well.

http://www.winnipegf...-140359743.html

Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION

Bus passengers assist in arrest after gun spotted

By: Staff Writer

Posted: 02/24/2012 4:24 PM

Concerned transit riders are being credited with an arrest of a person off a city transit bus earlier this afternoon.

Winnipeg Police said a transit bus stopped on Main Street at Pioneer at about 2 p.m. after several passengers alerted the driver that they believed another passenger on the bus was carrying a gun.

The bus was quickly surrounded by several police vehicles and the suspect was taken off without incident.

WPS spokeswoman Const. Natalie Aitken said the suspect was taken into custody and is facing several unrelated charges.

Aitken said what passengers believed to be a gun was in fact not a real gun.

Winnipeg Transit is looking to purchase 20 pre-owned 60-foot artuculated buses from New-Flyer

http://www.winnipeg....tionId==

See report #3

Report #2 - Details on by-laws on the Transit Corridor

First off, its about time more SSP guys join here! Welcome!

Second, so NFI would have them stored at the plant if bought, while we develop the RT garage...?

Yay! Finally, I got a reply to my suggestion:

Hi Ashton,

Route 39 is subsidized by Manitoba Hydro and is designed to provide express service between the Taylor Park & Ride lot and downtown. The ridership on the route is monitored regularly and is actually quite a bit higher than what you might have observed on occasion. After the Southwest Transitway is in operation, we will review with Hydro the routing of Route 39 about possible future operation on the transitway.

Bill

Bill Menzies

Manager of Service Development

Winnipeg Transit System

421 Osborne St

Winnipeg, MB R3L 2A2

(204) 986-5737

From Ashton,

Hey,

Since 39 barely has anybody on it when it runs (saw D40i on 39 once, just ONE passenger at 4:30pm), could it be possible to divert it to Fort Rouge Station and make it a feeder available to the general public? Or divert it to the Jubilee RT entrance and improve the speed drastically?

Wonder what other ideas I should come up with. I'm thinking right now, of an West Winnipeg U of M Super-Express (Polo to U of M non-stop so I don't have to spend 50 minutes on the 78) and from another thread I have on here, that feeder suggestion for South Pointe/Waverley West...

Sure, if you turn it up. At normal level for the stop announcer your voice wouldn't be heard over the PA system. No, far more effective to shout if you're gifted with a loud voice like me. :D

Have you done Route 26 before? I remember a driver screaming at me, with my headphones on, asking me for my transfer when I accidentally forgot to show it :P

If you get in contact with Alex at the MTHA, he knows of a very good asian restaurant that he took me and a couple of other board members to last week when I was in Winnipeg.

As for Foody Goody? I stay away from them as well as New Dynasty after a couple of bad experiences in past years.

Did you hear about Foody Goodys? Health Manitoba founds rats around the food storage, so the entire restaurant got shut down. Now, its completely gutted. My family used to go there so much. Now, it just downright disgusts me :(

I know a certain few people who will have a bit of a laugh with route 26... :lol:

I happen to live mere metres from an Route 26 stop, whats so funny? :P