Jump to content

Winnipeg Transit and area


BCT-3122-D800-10240
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, armorand said:

Curious... what is the 47 ridership like, since it got extended to the U of M?

The 47 Transcona hasn't changed much; it still gets a lot of passengers (certainly enough to warrant an articulated bus). The 47 Pembina doesn't get nearly as many passengers. The 60 tends to have more passengers than the 47 Pembina from what I've seen. Probably because the 60 goes along Graham, whereas the 47 just goes straight up Main.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 10:11 PM, bus is coming 1965 said:

371 on the 47 I got yesterday on the transitway just about to enter stadium station 

92E5DEE9-9B80-4C37-A094-3C5722C431E8.thumb.jpeg.a4b52c8d5f29b29cb01a3953cd433b26.jpeg

That is a first. Its not the first 60-foot to serve the northeast corner of the city. I once saw a D60LF going down Henderson. I assume it was the 11 Glenway as the other 11's have a lot of turns. When is Transit going to remove the Blue wraps from the XD60's?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

That is a first. Its not the first 60-foot to serve the northeast corner of the city. I once saw a D60LF going down Henderson. I assume it was the 11 Glenway as the other 11's have a lot of turns. When is Transit going to remove the Blue wraps from the XD60's?

 

It's possible that bus (the 47 with 371) started downtown, as it was just going to IG Field. One time I rode a 41 North Kildonan on 391.
659241938_41NorthKildonan.thumb.jpg.08ac90308e29731c67ee326021c961fa.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Viafreak said:

That is a first. Its not the first 60-foot to serve the northeast corner of the city. I once saw a D60LF going down Henderson. I assume it was the 11 Glenway as the other 11's have a lot of turns. When is Transit going to remove the Blue wraps from the XD60's?

 

More likely never remove it. As far as I know 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

It's possible that bus (the 47 with 371) started downtown, as it was just going to IG Field. One time I rode a 41 North Kildonan on 391.
659241938_41NorthKildonan.thumb.jpg.08ac90308e29731c67ee326021c961fa.jpg

Probably had something to do with the run as the 59 often gets a 60-footer. This afternoon 387 got stuck at Osborne Station causing some severe delays including for my bus. I couldn't wait and caught a bus going to downtown via Osborne instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tonight, every single BLUE has a 40-foot bus. Has that ever happened before? I know it's common for some 40-footers to appear on the BLUE, even at night, but every single bus?

  

2 hours ago, Viafreak said:

Probably had something to do with the run as the 59 often gets a 60-footer.

This was also during the 2020 reduced schedule, when all kinds of weird stuff was happening (like D30LF's on the 41, 60-foot buses on the 30 and 41, and more probably).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2021 at 7:54 PM, Isaac Williams said:

This was also during the 2020 reduced schedule, when all kinds of weird stuff was happening (like D30LF's on the 41, 60-foot buses on the 30 and 41, and more probably).

I have seen the 40 (the 41's older sister) have D30LF's. Now that most of them are retired, I mostly see them on the 53 and 56 which run like the on-demand services.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

I have seen the 40 (the 41's older sister) have D30LF's. Now that most of them are retired, I mostly see them on the 53 and 56 which run like the on-demand services.

I have a long list of route that I’ve seen small buses on 

10 11 12 16 20 21 22 25 29 32 36 40 41 42 44 45 46 48 50 51 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 63 64 65 68 71 74 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99. I know for a fact I’ve been a few one the phase 1 routes. And this only happened the rare routes was cause of a bus shortage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Viafreak said:

I have seen the 40 (the 41's older sister) have D30LF's. Now that most of them are retired, I mostly see them on the 53 and 56 which run like the on-demand services.

They’re easier to find the further you get from downtown. 88, 98 and 95 at rush hour are the best routes for D30LF spotting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bus shelter/homeless shelter at northbound Osborne Street at River Avenue has been attended by police all afternoon today (at least since 1:45pm when I first passed by).  The shelter and plaza area between the shelter and Subway was taped off.  Around 5pm the police forensic unit was dusting the interior glass. It resembled a search for finger prints I've seen in TV shows...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DavidW said:

The bus shelter/homeless shelter at northbound Osborne Street at River Avenue has been attended by police all afternoon today (at least since 1:45pm when I first passed by).  The shelter and plaza area between the shelter and Subway was taped off.  Around 5pm the police forensic unit was dusting the interior glass. It resembled a search for finger prints I've seen in TV shows...

Someone was found dead, and apparently there's a bit of suspicion about it. https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/homicide-unit-investigating-suspicious-death-in-osborne-village-1.5671918

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stops have been set up on Transcona Blvd in advance of the R48/89 switch during the winter change, right now the signs are flipped to their backsides but you can clearly tell they're stop signs. There's one at Veterans Way/Chelston Gate, one by Chrislind by the apartments a little west of the library, and another just before Plessis in front of the library, at least of the ones that I noticed. Didn't get a great look but they didn't seem to be the new style introduced with SWRT2. Will have to see if the weather gets warmer to try and squeak out stop numbers if they've slapped them on already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...