Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

41 minutes ago, Isaac Williams said:

The high-floor D40's are probably my favourite New Flyer buses of all time. I've wanted to check out the MTHA's D40 for years, but a lot of unbelievable bad luck has prevented that. Would love to see a D40 on the BLUE, but obviously that's not gonna happen. When buses where on the 160, I assume they would've used the 60 Pembina Express sign?

Actually a D40 was never ever on a 160. 

D40 has been on a 162 163 and 185 that's it

2 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

I got the official word that 20 XD60 are on order to replace the D60LF so get your last rides in.  The new artics will more likely be numbered 480-499

Damn, I wish they were to replace the D40LF. We need more artics

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMP15 said:

Agreed. And they need to go on other routes, as well - while I can’t call this an unbiased opinion since I live half a block from Portage, the 21 needs them at certain times of day. Same with the 11, especially at night.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, MMP15 said:

From what I understand, we are getting 12 more new artic’s next year - 6 battery electric and 6 hydrogen fuel cell.

21 hours ago, jhood135 said:

From what I understand, we are getting 12 more new artic’s next year - 6 battery electric and 6 hydrogen fuel cell.

That's doesn't change the fact we need more 60-footers as soon as possible. Do that first, before retiring the 60-footers.

15 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

We are getting 20 new artics. I have a strong source at Transit! These 20 are to replace the old artics

Yes, this is great news. I love the new artic’s and I know they’re already retiring the old ones. My comment is that we’re getting an additional 12 new ones through the ZEB program, on top of the 20 replacements. For a total of 32 new artic’s by the end of 2022.

So more are coming. But I do agree they can’t come fast enough!

That's great. The D60LF's seem to have less seating than the XD60's. Most of the seating is longitudinal rather than latitudinal much like the D40HF's and are in weird places such as over the middle axle. No matter how hard you try to sit there, it is uncomfortable but sometimes that is the only seats available. Also the engines sound terrible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jhood135 said:

Yes, this is great news. I love the new artic’s and I know they’re already retiring the old ones. My comment is that we’re getting an additional 12 new ones through the ZEB program, on top of the 20 replacements. For a total of 32 new artic’s by the end of 2022.

So more are coming. But I do agree they can’t come fast enough!

Yes that's right. That makes sense I remember my buddy saying something about that 

56 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

Most of the seating is longitudinal rather than latitudinal much like the D40HF's and are in weird places such as over the middle axle. No matter how hard you try to sit there, it is uncomfortable but sometimes that is the only seats available.

The second time I rode a D60LF, I sat in one of the seats on the turntable since there were none available in the back row, and as cool as it was to watch the bus work its magic around 90° turns, it was annoying to have to move my feet every time someone wanted to get on or off, so I know where you’re coming from.

In any case, regardless of the model or how it’s powered, I’m just glad to see we’re getting more artics (even if I know they’re not gonna show up on the routes I ride on a regular basis).