Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

14 hours ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Funny coincidence, 662 is running 662 today.

That could happen with many of the 600-series buses and feeder routes. Not sure why they are signed as 100-series on the run cards (eg. 690-2 is 190-2 on the run card).

2 hours ago, Viafreak said:

Not sure why they are signed as 100-series on the run cards (eg. 690-2 is 190-2 on the run card).

It's because the computers can't handle run numbers that high. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm pretty sure that's why. Which makes me wonder, what are they gonna do when (if) the TMP starts to get implemented?

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of word of caution from me:

So me and bus is coming 1965 were fanning at graham and smith and after we are done police came and asked us what we were doing, they said that due to current issues going on in the US and potential threats posed towards the police headquarters they are kind of sensitive towards cameras being used around the building, so to anyone that plans on fanning around there it’s best to avoid fanning at graham and smith for the time being, although it’s not explicitly asked to stop fanning around there in general all precautions should be taken when near the building with a camera as we don’t want to create more bad then good. 
At the same time the police are aware what we are doing and knows it doesn’t pose any hazards but still better to cooperate for the time being and do what’s asked. 

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the TMP will be included in the agenda of the March IRPW meeting? The timeline to present to council is "Spring 2021" so that could be any month from now until May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMP15 said:

Does anyone know if the TMP will be included in the agenda of the March IRPW meeting? The timeline to present to council is "Spring 2021" so that could be any month from now until May.

I believe it’s supposed to be this month. We’ll see for sure whenever the agenda for next week’s meeting is uploaded.

They’ve been saying March’s meeting for a while now. The province wants to pull the remaining Federal transit infrastructure funding from the city and give it to other municipalities for non-transit projects, claiming there are no active proposals to use it in Winnipeg. So the city is trying to get this out sooner than later to try and stop the province from doing that.

• Sad 1

On 3/4/2021 at 8:57 AM, jhood135 said:

They’ve been saying March’s meeting for a while now. The province wants to pull the remaining Federal transit infrastructure funding from the city and give it to other municipalities for non-transit projects, claiming there are no active proposals to use it in Winnipeg. So the city is trying to get this out sooner than later to try and stop the province from doing that.

You'd think back home in Manitoba, they'd use that money to actually ESTABLISH public transit in other communities... Morden, Winkler, Steinbach, Portage La Prairie... or maybe replace some of those Brandon Transit buses? If Pallisters gonna pull this crap on Winnipeg, he should at least force other Manitoba towns and cities to use it on public transit projects so the rest of the province isn't stuck asking their neighbors for rides...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, armorand said:

You'd think back home in Manitoba, they'd use that money to actually ESTABLISH public transit in other communities... Morden, Winkler, Steinbach, Portage La Prairie... or maybe replace some of those Brandon Transit buses? If Pallisters gonna pull this crap on Winnipeg, he should at least force other Manitoba towns and cities to use it on public transit projects so the rest of the province isn't stuck asking their neighbors for rides...

Well, would you really expect a guy like Pallister to care about things like this? I'm sure he couldn't care less about public transit.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Saw a bus turn into Unicity this afternoon and sign “241 WORK BUS,” then “F DOWNTOWN ➡️ RED SERVICE,” before finally changing it to “24 DOWNTOWN.”

Interesting that the winter snow plan codes are still programmed into busses when they took it down from the website.

Maybe with the TMP the new winter snow plan could simply be primary network routes only?

10 hours ago, MMP15 said:

Interesting that the winter snow plan codes are still programmed into busses when they took it down from the website.

Maybe with the TMP the new winter snow plan could simply be primary network routes only?

Tell you the honest truth, when the first draft was released my first impression was that they just started off with those Red plans and worked their way out from there.

Noticed signs along the #10 route that it's getting rerouted effective April 12. The route will follow the same routing as the 17 and 20 to Misericordia, then west on Wolseley to the current turnaround loop at Aubrey.

5 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

I'm pretty sure it's permanent, until the TMP takes over.

This is the sign at 10226.

20210322_161304.thumb.jpg.0029df31fb94151b13e2c7605247a27b.jpg

I see the whole of the route on Westminster is discontinued. That segment is the oldest city transit bus route in Western Canada, having started 01 May 1918.

winnipeg-WEC101-104buses-crmw.thumb.jpg.d927926fe78ae290f098623b9b427c5e.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The next schedule change is out. Interesting/terrible to see that almost ALL of the SWT routes and feeder routes (except 690, 691, 694) number of runs are getting slashed by 17-30%.

1 hour ago, MMP15 said:

The next schedule change is out. Interesting/terrible to see that almost ALL of the SWT routes and feeder routes (except 690, 691, 694) number of runs are getting slashed by 17-30%.

The 10’s getting cut too. It will run with only two buses (instead of three) during the weekday mid-day period.