Jump to content

Winnipeg Transit and area


Recommended Posts

How'd they get that 671/672 extension past IRPW without actually presenting it at IRPW? At least I don't think they did, did they?¬†ūü§Ē

Also they fixed that one issue about the Grace Hospital 11/21/22 stops going 60 minutes between service right after the express cutoff. What happened previously was you had a route 11 Westwood run around 7:20 that would act like a 22 Westwood and skip the Booth/Grace/Sturgeon part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dare you to use that as an academic source for any sort of research or historical documentation. Seriously. I don't mean to be grumpy but can we please move past the hearsay and start posting usef

I don't know anything about 918 in particular but I have heard that Transit is considering retiring some of the D30LF's and cannibalizing them to keep the remaining units on the road.   911-925 (15

It's in the news that Executive Policy Committee of City Council has amended the 2018 City budget to eliminate the proposed transit service cuts.  The fare increase is still in the budget but the redu

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Also they fixed that one issue about the Grace Hospital 11/21/22 stops going 60 minutes between service right after the express cutoff. What happened previously was you had a route 11 Westwood run around 7:20 that would act like a 22 Westwood and skip the Booth/Grace/Sturgeon part.

That issue was rectified mid-schedule. It wasn't shown on the website, but it was fixed internally.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

From what I've seen, a large number of schedules are changing.

Schedules that I know for sure are changing in some form, even if just a little, are the 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 32, 33, 43, 44, 45, 50, 67, 79, 83, 87, 88, 92, 96, 97, 98, 101, 102, 671, 672. There are probably more, but those are the ones I know for sure have some changes. That list can apply to any day of the week too.

Some notable changes are:

  • The 11 will lose the Polo Park-Downtown short-turn service on Sunday (just like on the reduced schedule). The 11 also loses the late night Portage-Downtown buses on Saturday and Sunday.
  • In the PM, the last weekday SB 16 to short-turn at Kingston Row will be at 14:53 (Stop 10911). Almost everything after will go past Kingston Row.
  • The 20 adds two weekday short-turns from Leighton Loop to Johnson & Henderson.
  • The¬†67 and 79 are going back to normal.
  • The 87 regains the PM trips between Crossroads and the Industrial Park.
  • As mentioned above, the 83 and 88 will finally go back to normal.
  • The 671 and 672 are being extended to Eaglewood & Longspur.

Way for them to screw over the only decent late-night service in all of West Winnipeg...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Winnipeg Transit Website shows only 4 routes that are changing this Sunday. However, comparing the 20 with the current and winter schedule shows a completely different schedule.

Differences  show up with 11 as well.

Winter Schedule takes effect December 13

Winnipeg Transit’s Winter Schedule will take effect Sunday, December 13. The Winter schedule is almost identical to the Fall 2020 schedule that went into effect in September.

Regular weekday service will continue with full service to all elementary, middle, and high schools in the City. Express service will continue with a 15 percent reduction, while post-secondary service will operate in a reduced capacity due largely to the fact most courses will continue to be offered remotely in January.

There have been a few minor changes to schedules for the following routes:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, trebor204 said:

The Winnipeg Transit Website shows only 4 routes that are changing this Sunday. However, comparing the 20 with the current and winter schedule shows a completely different schedule.

Differences  show up with 11 as well.

Winter Schedule takes effect December 13

Winnipeg Transit’s Winter Schedule will take effect Sunday, December 13. The Winter schedule is almost identical to the Fall 2020 schedule that went into effect in September.

Regular weekday service will continue with full service to all elementary, middle, and high schools in the City. Express service will continue with a 15 percent reduction, while post-secondary service will operate in a reduced capacity due largely to the fact most courses will continue to be offered remotely in January.

There have been a few minor changes to schedules for the following routes:

 

The 96 will be going back to the April schedule using 3 buses again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, trebor204 said:

The Winnipeg Transit Website shows only 4 routes that are changing this Sunday. However, comparing the 20 with the current and winter schedule shows a completely different schedule.

Differences  show up with 11 as well.

Almost every route in the city is changing. If not on weekdays, then on weekends. The changes to the four routes that were listed in that news release aren’t all that minor, either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a question for all those still out there busfanning right now... have you considered frequenting feeder routes and night/weekend service more than mainline rush hour routes? Adding ridership on these routes could help them avoid the axe in the future.

I personally have only rode the bus once during the pandemic, but I hope service is still adequate after this is over and not cut to the bone to make up for losses. For example, last year the 51 used to run until 1:30am on weekdays. Now the 676 does not run past midnight (the service of the 75 was made to be slightly later, but still leaves u of m before midnight). Now the only way to cross the Red River from u of m is to go downtown and back south. Cuts like this may go unnoticed during the pandemic but they will be felt when things go back to normal. The idea that busses after midnight for the 2021 budget is not a good one, but one it looks like the city might pursue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotted a sign bug after the service change, route 48 now says "Kildare" instead of "North Transcona". Either a bug or the operator on the last run accidentally hit the one for the blue snow plan.

Saw a 90 a bit further up that still had an NT sign, so I'm leaning towards bug. That sure won't confuse people for a 46 if it's at a distance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Spotted a sign bug after the service change, route 48 now says "Kildare" instead of "North Transcona". Either a bug or the operator on the last run accidentally hit the one for the blue snow plan.

Saw a 90 a bit further up that still had an NT sign, so I'm leaning towards bug. That sure won't confuse people for a 46 if it's at a distance.

Correct driver enter in the wrong code 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MMP15 said:

Just a question for all those still out there busfanning right now... have you considered frequenting feeder routes and night/weekend service more than mainline rush hour routes? Adding ridership on these routes could help them avoid the axe in the future.

On the few occasions I’ve gone busfanning since August, I’ve avoided being downtown at rush hour as much as possible and have opted for leaving on board quieter routes such as 12 and 66 when I have been there. I’ve ridden mostly feeders in that time and plan on doing most of my riding around on Saturdays when COVID cases start to come down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

How on earth did they manage that? Crashing into a car or a sign or something like that is one thing, but a house?

Most likely a medical event. A similar thing happened on John Forsyth in May 2019 where a pickup truck rolled due to the driver having a seizure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. Hopefully they come out alright. The hook came out to it around 4 in the morning.

Front end's busted up good and something on the roof's cracked. From the sounds of the CBC article it looks like someone noticed something was horribly wrong and might've tried to get the thing stopped, but by that point they were nearly out of stopping room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, car4041 said:

The 2021 fares list at https://winnipegtransit.com/en/fares/transit-fares/ does still include tickets and paper passes.

I only ask because usually when WT wants to increase the fares all sorts of opposition (ie poverty groups) come out of the woodwork to oppose them.

But I guess we're in an age of nickel and diming transit to death.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...