Jump to content

Winnipeg Transit and area


Recommended Posts

On 7/31/2020 at 2:23 PM, Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang said:

I seen it already, it says practice social distancing non medical masks recommended 

Also, on the back of the bus, they've managed to fit "Practice social distancing" into a single screen (using 3 lines), rather than splitting it across two screens as they did before.  So we don't have to wait quite as long to see the route number.  (.....Downtown......Practice.........Social distancing...... -- I just want to know what bus it is!!)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dare you to use that as an academic source for any sort of research or historical documentation. Seriously. I don't mean to be grumpy but can we please move past the hearsay and start posting usef

I don't know anything about 918 in particular but I have heard that Transit is considering retiring some of the D30LF's and cannibalizing them to keep the remaining units on the road.   911-925 (15

You are wrong. Put your transit fanning on hold and stay home.

Posted Images

While headed to Polo on Route 74 at about quarter to five, the driver of 561 made a wrong turn, turning from EB Sterling Lyon to SB Kenaston instead of NB. I was on the bus and informed the driver what happened, he turned around in the Tuxedo Business Park loop and made it back to Grant before my connecting bus came. Also, I noticed that the counterclockwise 98s are back to showing “GRACE HOSPITAL… VIA CHARLESWOOD” instead of just “GRACE HOSPITAL.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Winnipeg Transit has announced its plans for the fall change. Routes serving schools will return to full service, express service will be reduced, the university routes will not be expanded and the reductions outlined in the budget (including the cancellation of the Spirits) will go ahead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trebor204 said:

If they are cancelled the Downtown Spirits, will there be addition service into the Forks?

Right now, the 38 doesn't run into the Forks during the afternoon. You get off a Main Street and walk from there

The 38 doesn’t go into the Forks in the afternoon because the Spirits do. Navigo will be updated on August 24th, so we’ll see what their plans are then, but I would also imagine that they’d run the 38 to the Forks all day. I’m not sure if they’d replace the service to/from the Forks via Broadway, though they could extend the 23.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Winnipeg Transit has announced its plans for the fall change. Routes serving schools will return to full service, express service will be reduced, the university routes will not be expanded and the reductions outlined in the budget (including the cancellation of the Spirits) will go ahead.

What an insult to call the reductions "service efficiencies". Garbage. But woo-hoo, the 84's getting cut!

Oh, wait...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

The 38 doesn’t go into the Forks in the afternoon because the Spirits do. Navigo will be updated on August 24th, so we’ll see what their plans are then, but I would also imagine that they’d run the 38 to the Forks all day.

I hope they do, but it would still be a significant downgrade in service compared to the Spirits, as the 38 is not very frequent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, car4041 said:

I hope they do, but it would still be a significant downgrade in service compared to the Spirits, as the 38 is not very frequent.

There is service to the Forks indirectly on Main Street. The service is quite frequent and has routes serving most of the city (not sure about the northwest). If I go to the Forks by bus, I use a bus that goes down Main Street such as the 14 or 19. I haven't used the 47 since it was rerouted down that part of Main Street.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Viafreak said:

There is service to the Forks indirectly on Main Street. The service is quite frequent and has routes serving most of the city (not sure about the northwest). If I go to the Forks by bus, I use a bus that goes down Main Street such as the 14 or 19. I haven't used the 47 since it was rerouted down that part of Main Street.

Sure, I use those routes too, but nothing beats getting on a 1, 2, or 38 and getting off right at the Forks Market.  Especially now that it's such a cool destination, it's a great asset to have transit service right to the door.  Convenient in bad weather too, you can just wait inside the market and dart out when the bus is there.  I use the 1 and 2 very frequently and will really miss them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 12:27 PM, car4041 said:

Sure, I use those routes too, but nothing beats getting on a 1, 2, or 38 and getting off right at the Forks Market.  Especially now that it's such a cool destination, it's a great asset to have transit service right to the door.  Convenient in bad weather too, you can just wait inside the market and dart out when the bus is there.  I use the 1 and 2 very frequently and will really miss them. 

You can wait inside Union Station for buses on Main Street.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Viafreak said:

You can wait inside Union Station for buses on Main Street.

But buses don't layover there, thus if few or no people are getting on or off, the bus will just whiz on by, whereas the 1, 2 and 38 do layover at The Forks. Also, what if you want to go south on Main, instead of North? Not to mention, walking from the market is to Union Station is significantly longer than walking to the 1/2/38 stop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Viafreak said:

You can wait inside Union Station for buses on Main Street.

Of course, but Union Station is not the Forks Market.  We're losing frequent transit service into the heart of one of the city's main destinations.  That's a bad thing for our transit system and our city, even if there is other service nearby.  It's not the end of the world, but it's also not something to be brushed aside by saying "there are buses on Main Street".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, car4041 said:

Of course, but Union Station is not the Forks Market.  We're losing frequent transit service into the heart of one of the city's main destinations.  That's a bad thing for our transit system and our city, even if there is other service nearby.  It's not the end of the world, but it's also not something to be brushed aside by saying "there are buses on Main Street".

This whole system is going to crap. So many cuts and reductions coming this September, with the Spirits just being 3 of them. Sure, it might save some money, but a transit agency should be prioritizing good service, not profits.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...