Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Other errors on the map:

BellMTS Place still listed as MTS Centre

Winnipeg Convention Centre on 1 block should cover 2 blocks

Great West Life is now be called Canada Life

Polo Park should be called CF Polo Park :)

Delta Hotel is listed as CROWN (not CROWNE) PLAZA (how along ago did it change to Delta, and wasn't it called the Radisson before Delta)

2 hours ago, trebor204 said:

Other errors on the map:

BellMTS Place still listed as MTS Centre

Winnipeg Convention Centre on 1 block should cover 2 blocks

Great West Life is now be called Canada Life

Polo Park should be called CF Polo Park :)

Delta Hotel is listed as CROWN (not CROWNE) PLAZA (how along ago did it change to Delta, and wasn't it called the Radisson before Delta)

Given the sheer number of errors on that map, one might think they’re making no real effort to keep it up to date (which @DavidW said on the previous page is indeed the case), which is a tad unfortunate, as that map does have its uses. Then again, if you want to know which route(s) take you where, Navigo and third-party apps might even be more helpful than that map, as they will tell you exactly which routes to take, when and where in order to get you where you’re going as quickly as possible. Though that wouldn’t help someone like me, who likes to “take the scenic route” when possible.

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

How often does that happen? I’m rarely out there and have never seen 87, 89 or 92 in action, but I’m pretty sure the East End is fairly strict 40-foot territory.

It didn't really at all until this virus stuff came about. But it could definitely negotiate Kildare/Madeline and McMeans/Madeline better since the 40fters always have trouble in those two spots.

On the flipside, 87s used to be exclusively 30s but now some 40s have appeared.

92 is generally 40s on weekdays, and a coin toss on weekends 

15 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

It didn't really at all until this virus stuff came about. But it could definitely negotiate Kildare/Madeline and McMeans/Madeline better since the 40fters always have trouble in those two spots.

There are some routes that are like that. On Route 82, the 40-footers have a hard time handling the right turn from NB Westwood Drive to EB Portage, which is problematic because buses running that route observe stop 20239 (EB Portage and Westwood, located on the east side of the intersection) and that stop is used fairly regularly by passengers looking to transfer to the 21. Once, that bus stopped to let me off further east from where the stop is and someone who wanted on it couldn’t get on as a result. I don’t know why that route even gets 40-footers. Yes, the 82 interlines with the 98 in better times, but ridership on both routes is low enough to justify the use of 30-footers.

22 hours ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

92 is generally 40s on weekdays, and a coin toss on weekends 

The 85 which services North Kildonan has a similar assignment to the 92. Monday to Saturday, its two 40-foot buses (often XD40's) but usually uses two D30LFs on Sunday/Holidays. I observed it using 934 yesterday which was Victoria Day.

22 hours ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

I’m pretty sure anything with a Route 87 run card comes in and out of NG, and dispatch there seems to do a better job of making sure D30LF routes get D30LFs. I, myself, have never seen anything longer than 30 feet on 88 or 97.

4 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

I’m pretty sure anything with a Route 87 run card comes in and out of NG, and dispatch there seems to do a better job of making sure D30LF routes get D30LFs. I, myself, have never seen anything longer than 30 feet on 88 or 97.

Normally yes. But now what do you enhanced schedule everything is now out of FRG/BG. Until things go back to normal 

Quite often there's been big buses on the 88/97

On an unrelated note. 376 was on a 54/56

2 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

An artic on the 56? I can only imagine how well that (traditional 30-foot) route handled it. Who makes these run cards anyway?

No one makes them, it’s up to the computer 

8 minutes ago, Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang said:

No one makes them, it’s up to the computer 

Whatever program they use has yielded questionable results before. For instance, I’ve seen 66s deadhead from Polo to Unicity when the natural move would have been to have the last 98 of the morning do the first 66 out of Unicity (which was the case during the winter change) and there have also been changes where one 83 run would return to the garage after doing one trip from Unicity to Ronald and Portage while the other would deadhead from Unicity to Ronald and Portage to do the all-night 83. You would think there has to be a better way.

29 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Whatever program they use has yielded questionable results before. For instance, I’ve seen 66s deadhead from Polo to Unicity when the natural move would have been to have the last 98 of the morning do the first 66 out of Unicity (which was the case during the winter change) and there have also been changes where one 83 run would return to the garage after doing one trip from Unicity to Ronald and Portage while the other would deadhead from Unicity to Ronald and Portage to do the all-night 83. You would think there has to be a better way.

No your correct someone inputs some options in to the computer and the computer creates the run using a program called Hastus it makes the runs 

In 1985 when our family visited Minneapolis for the first time and we wer eon the skyway, I saw that their Metro Transit buses have the serial number on top. I don't know if they do that still. See the large numerals at the top rear of the MAN (?) bus/

vLuPcJI.jpg

On 5/20/2020 at 8:30 PM, LilZebra said:

In 1985 when our family visited Minneapolis for the first time and we wer eon the skyway, I saw that their Metro Transit buses have the serial number on top. I don't know if they do that still. See the large numerals at the top rear of the MAN (?) bus/

Sorry to go OT but,

If you got any other pics of the MTC from your visit, feel free to post in the Metro Transit thread! Nice shot.

Yes, we still do have numbers on the roof for all units except the Gillig BRTPlus models.

8 hours ago, MVTArider said:

Sorry to go OT but,

If you got any other pics of the MTC from your visit, feel free to post in the Metro Transit thread! Nice shot.

Yes, we still do have numbers on the roof for all units except the Gillig BRTPlus models.

No, that's pretty much it. I had to tag along with my family as it was and the camera I had was a Kodak Disc type. Not very hi res.