BCT-3122-D800-10240

Winnipeg Transit and area

201-230 2004 NFI D40LF = 30

231-260 2005 NFI D40LF = 30

261-272 2006 NFI D40LF = 12 - ON ORDER - being built right now

WT is re-using the old Fishbowl number block, as has long been their practice. The 500 block was successively CanCars, then D800B's, now D40LF's.

Oh sure , I take a weeks holidays and you take a picture of my bus route LOL . 68-1 is my run from 5:07 t0 12:43 monday to friday and I was on holidays this week . <_<

Intersting!

By chance, have you heard anything about 2-3 guys taking photos of buses in Winnipeg?

I believe there was at least one bus driver we happened to photograph the bus he was driver each day over 3 or 4 days! :lol:

A. Wong   

Probably will be retired soon, so repainting them wouldn't be worth it. Only one, or a handful, of the D40s have been repainted.

Probably will be retired soon, so repainting them wouldn't be worth it. Only one, or a handful, of the D40s have been repainted.

A handful of D40's have been done, and more are being done all the time. The Classics are being rebuilt as well, but so far none have been paitned into the new scheme.

WT D40 # 694 at Winnipeg International Airport, June 2001. The board wouldn't accept it until after I cropped it and brought the file size down under 2 MB.

WT694YWG.jpg

WT694YWG.jpg

post-100-1168826450_thumb.jpg

post-100-1168826450_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Walton

A handful of D40's have been done, and more are being done all the time. The Classics are being rebuilt as well, but so far none have been paitned into the new scheme.

It seems like only the D40's with the black window trim are getting that new livery. I wonder, if they're going to do it to the older D40's, if they'll black out the window trim to match the colour.

I think the Classics would look really good in that new colour scheme. I don't know why they haven't repainted them. Must be a money thing... right?

Anyone know if the newest D40LF's have arrived to Winnipeg Transit yet? I was told they were being built last year, but I have not heard anything about them arriving as of yet. I believe they were to be numbered 261 to 272. Thanks!

D40LFR's, possibly with A/C, are highly possible for the next order after these D40LF's (apart from the DE60LF's that are coming).

I guess the entire Canadian cities (except Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary) will have a/c. Thank you, global warming! :rolleyes:

Hey now, ETS will have 6 buses with A/C. :rolleyes: And I think Strathcona's LFSes have A/C.

I didn't add Strathcona as they are separate system. As for ETS, they are Hybrid for tester.

Sorry, were you saying that these cities have A/C on their buses?

[/color]Don't forget Regina, Moose Jaw, Red Deer, St Albert (since 843 ex 888 was retired) to name 4 more cities...[/color]

Sherman said that everyone except for Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary were getting A/C. The properties Mike listed are not getting A/C as well.

Apparently Winnipeg Transit has renumbered the 10 New Flyer Invero's which used to be numbered 701-710 to be #'s 901-910. So that clears out the 700 series for future orders of D40LF's or LFR's. I heard somewhere that they have ordered 33 D40LFR's, so I suppose they will be numbered 701-733 possibly?