Jump to content
BCT-3122-D800-10240

Winnipeg Transit and area

Recommended Posts

Some changes coming up for the Winter Seasons (Dec 16)

39 -Taylor Park & Ride - Route Cancelled

44,45 - Trial routing around the KP, Walmart Crossroads Area

74 - Service  around Arbour Meadow Gate ?

Nothing on the Website, but I did see a poster announcing changes at the Library

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, trebor204 said:

Some changes coming up for the Winter Seasons (Dec 16)

39 -Taylor Park & Ride - Route Cancelled

44,45 - Trial routing around the KP, Walmart Crossroads Area

74 - Service  around Arbour Meadow Gate ?

Nothing on the Website, but I did see a poster announcing changes at the Library

 

Wait I was in the library and I didn't see it, when were you there?

Also, what do they mean by "Trial routing"? (44,45)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, matt548 said:

Wait I was in the library and I didn't see it, when were you there?

Also, what do they mean by "Trial routing"? (44,45)

The 44 will use Stapon and reenders to go to peguis instead of just regent 

the 45 will use rougeau to the back of crossroads station 

It’s a test to see how it works 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang said:

The 44 will use Stapon and reenders to go to peguis instead of just regent 

the 45 will use rougeau to the back of crossroads station 

It’s a test to see how it works 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang said:

The 44 will use Stapon and reenders to go to peguis instead of just regent 

the 45 will use rougeau to the back of crossroads station 

It’s a test to see how it works 

The 44 was being tested on the new routing a few weeks ago. I think its a valid option for the 44 as right now it overlaps with the 47 in front of Costco and this way it can avoid Costco. On the outbound trip, it would use several yield lanes rather than the current traffic lights at Rougeau and Peguis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 8:10 PM, trebor204 said:

74 - Service  around Arbour Meadow Gate ?

Nothing on the Website

The map on the Winnipeg Transit website for Route 74 highlights a couple of bus stops on Arbour Meadow Gate, and they show 74 on those bus stops, although the line still doesn't go in there, and those are currently the only 2 stops highlighted in there.

Arbour74.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove by the pembina/jubilee underpass last night east side of the old cn bridge is down I assume there gonna ether do the west side today or wait till the next closer on the 14th or maybe that is for the Center pier to be torn down idk. In a way sad to see it go but as a driver of a car the third lane going north is badly needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The west side of the Pembina CN rail bridge during demolition today.
Aviary Photo_131888609356683896.jpg

As a railfan, I agree that, it is sad to see the 1949 bridge go down. But the silver lining is that, as mentioned, the extra lanes will help traffic flow, and the path for bikes and pedestrians on the west side will be nice too, so you don't need to cross Pembina twice just to get past the tracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've noticed two of these Winnipeg Transit Inspector Stations appear recently.  One is at the bus stop on Portage Avenue eastbound at Vaughan Street (at The Bay), and this one is on Graham Avenue eastbound at Fort Street (Winnipeg Square Station).

winnipeg-CWTSinspectorStnWpgSq-2018dec09a.thumb.jpg.fd2492120e2a46532ccd54d290f83a24.jpgwinnipeg-CWTSinspectorStnWpgSq-2018dec09b.thumb.jpg.8d708a8fb1eef1ee4627d7dbb4813fb0.jpg

 

I'm old enough to remember when transit used a similar booth on Portage eastbound between Fort and Main (it's still there). Do you suppose the inspectors will be expected to interact with the public or will they ignore the public and only interact with transit operators?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vivablue5215 said:

Spotted Santa bus 142 on the 18 today.

 

7 hours ago, vivablue5215 said:

Spotted Santa bus 142 on the 18 today.

I've had a bus pass for ages but in the days of the old fareboxes I used to drop a couple bucks into the Santa Bus farebox on my way off the bus, as a deliberate donation. I don't recall doing that since the new coin-counting fareboxes were installed. I guess that would just confuse the farebox and make more work for the operator pushing buttons to clear the anomaly.

Is there an acceptable way to donate cash on the Santa Bus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DavidW said:

 

I've had a bus pass for ages but in the days of the old fareboxes I used to drop a couple bucks into the Santa Bus farebox on my way off the bus, as a deliberate donation. I don't recall doing that since the new coin-counting fareboxes were installed. I guess that would just confuse the farebox and make more work for the operator pushing buttons to clear the anomaly.

Is there an acceptable way to donate cash on the Santa Bus?

Might take a few extra seconds, but I'd just give it to the driver, if you're into that donation thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×