BCT-3122-D800-10240

Winnipeg Transit and area

2 hours ago, Taylorover9001 said:

Last time I checked Sunday ≠ Holiday, but whatever.

Since when, from a Winnipeg Transit perspective, is Sunday ≠ Holiday?  Sunday schedules on statutory holidays has been the general standard for ever...

6 hours ago, DavidW said:

I stopped in at Transit customer service at Millennium Library today and they had all of the updated route pamphlets available.  Excellent! 

As of 8 pm, most of the updated schedules are already gone. I got some today at Portage and Main.

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

Since when, from a Winnipeg Transit perspective, is Sunday ≠ Holiday?  Sunday schedules on statutory holidays has been the general standard for ever...

Cut me some slack, I'm 19 and I don't ride Transit every day or get too deep into it. It still seems odd. Okay, it's one thing to have reduced or no service on holidays, they are what they are. But why reduced or no service on Sundays? It's not like it's a weekday rush hour only route like 64 or 48. 74 and 78 are all-day routes. Same thing with other routes, like 95. A several times when I'm out or going out, I've wanted to take the 95, only to realize it's not running until like noon or is done for the day already, so I have to take a slower, more complicated set of routes.

11 hours ago, Taylorover9001 said:

Cut me some slack, I'm 19 and I don't ride Transit every day or get too deep into it. It still seems odd. Okay, it's one thing to have reduced or no service on holidays, they are what they are. But why reduced or no service on Sundays? It's not like it's a weekday rush hour only route like 64 or 48. 74 and 78 are all-day routes. Same thing with other routes, like 95. A several times when I'm out or going out, I've wanted to take the 95, only to realize it's not running until like noon or is done for the day already, so I have to take a slower, more complicated set of routes.

Shhhhh!  You're going to blow it!  We're trying to see how long it takes Winnipeg Transit to notice that Sunday shopping is allowed and there's more going on on Sundays than just church and visiting grandma.  So far it's been around twenty-five years, and they still haven't noticed!

The agenda for the September Public Works meeting is up. Three interesting items on there in relation to Transit. The first is that New Flyer is supplying 28 60-foot buses to Transit, which would make for 48 60-foot buses - 20 D40LF's and 28 XD60's. The second is that Transit is proposing a fare waiver for military personal on November 11th, which is overdue. The third item is that Transit and Hydro are proposing cancelling the 39 Taylor Park & Ride due to low ridership. That service will end on December 14th - in other words, the winter schedule will not have a route 39. I am not surprised by that proposal as I have never seen that route in operation and the fact only about 36 people use it every weekday! There are also the usual Transit agenda items such as the Transitway and Garage project reports. They are also reviewing the Upass and Handi Transit. Should make for a interesting meeting on September 7th.

1 hour ago, Viafreak said:

The agenda for the September Public Works meeting is up. Three interesting items on there in relation to Transit. The first is that New Flyer is supplying 28 60-foot buses to Transit, which would make for 48 60-foot buses - 20 D40LF's and 28 XD60's. The second is that Transit is proposing a fare waiver for military personal on November 11th, which is overdue. The third item is that Transit and Hydro are proposing cancelling the 39 Taylor Park & Ride due to low ridership. That service will end on December 14th - in other words, the winter schedule will not have a route 39. I am not surprised by that proposal as I have never seen that route in operation and the fact only about 36 people use it every weekday! There are also the usual Transit agenda items such as the Transitway and Garage project reports. They are also reviewing the Upass and Handi Transit. Should make for a interesting meeting on September 7th.

Do you mean 20 D60LF's and 28 XD60's? Would be interesting if we are getting XD60's, our first ever brand-new 60-foot buses lol. But that would be good IMO. Maybe use some of them on the usually full 160 or whatever, which some D60LF's already are. Maybe on the 47 too - if the 60-footers are able to run the route safely.

For Route 39, it probably doesn't help that it runs for like 1:30 in the morning and the evening, and that's it, though you would still expect more than 36 riders total. I'm not totally surprised by that decision either, based on that number. It also probably doesn't help that it runs on Pembina, where the 60 and 66 are, on Osborne, where the 16 is, and through Graham Mall, where a lot of routes are. I don't know, but I'd guess lot of people would probably take those other routes, and ignore the 39 if it comes because they're unfamiliar with it, or it doesn't go where they want in the evening. I have seen it in operation, but it probably helps that I live somewhat close and pass by in the morning occasionally.

8 hours ago, Taylorover9001 said:

Do you mean 20 D60LF's and 28 XD60's? Would be interesting if we are getting XD60's, our first ever brand-new 60-foot buses lol. But that would be good IMO. Maybe use some of them on the usually full 160 or whatever, which some D60LF's already are. Maybe on the 47 too - if the 60-footers are able to run the route safely.

For Route 39, it probably doesn't help that it runs for like 1:30 in the morning and the evening, and that's it, though you would still expect more than 36 riders total. I'm not totally surprised by that decision either, based on that number. It also probably doesn't help that it runs on Pembina, where the 60 and 66 are, on Osborne, where the 16 is, and through Graham Mall, where a lot of routes are. I don't know, but I'd guess lot of people would probably take those other routes, and ignore the 39 if it comes because they're unfamiliar with it, or it doesn't go where they want in the evening. I have seen it in operation, but it probably helps that I live somewhat close and pass by in the morning occasionally.

You are correct. I meant D60LF's. They do look sleek going down the Transitway.

6 minutes ago, wpgtransit183-2 said:

This one is out of frg lol. Still more cost affective to only operate one garage on weekends 

hmmm... ok then

7 hours ago, matt548 said:

Wait, I thought that D60LFs are only out of bg

Don't they have that garage that D60LF's go in and out of at FRG? (The one between Brandon Ave and Hugo St)

Edit: Nevermind, that actually is Brandon Garage. (For some reason I thought Brandon Garage was in Brandon, MB, and the FRG area was all FRG)

1 minute ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

Scheduling and dispatch are stupid

930 95-2 will a 66 from polo to downtown then 64

937 95-1 will do trip 2 78 then rest of tge night on the 12

As someone who takes the 64 and 78, I completely agree. I hope they'll fix it soon

P. S. Wanna know something ironic? 95-3, which only does a 95 is a 40ft

1 hour ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

Scheduling and dispatch are stupid

930 95-2 will a 66 from polo to downtown then 64

937 95-1 will do trip 2 78 then rest of tge night on the 12

Why on earth would a 30 foot bus be put into service on Route 66, 64 or 78? Won't take long for it to have passengers basically falling out of the windows, especially on the 66, lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Taylorover9001 said:

Why on earth would a 30 foot bus be put into service on Route 66, 64 or 78? Won't take long for it to have passengers basically falling out of the windows, lol.

I'm about to get on #930 on the 64, I'm gonna see how bad it really is 

2 hours ago, Taylorover9001 said:

Why on earth would a 30 foot bus be put into service on Route 66, 64 or 78? Won't take long for it to have passengers basically falling out of the windows, especially on the 66, lol.

Thats scheduling and dispatch for you