BCT-3122-D800-10240

Winnipeg Transit and area

Going back to the schedule change for the 74/78. I don't understand why that bus can't run on Sundays/Holidays. The Crosstown East and North (75 and 77) both run on Sundays. As to their ridership, I don't know how popular they are. Due to lack of the current 78 service on Sundays, people in those areas would only have the 66 on Sundays for use on Transit.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Viafreak said:

Going back to the schedule change for the 74/78. I don't understand why that bus can't run on Sundays/Holidays. The Crosstown East and North (75 and 77) both run on Sundays. As to their ridership, I don't know how popular they are. Due to lack of the current 78 service on Sundays, people in those areas would only have the 66 on Sundays for use on Transit.

They finally brought Saturday (and full Kenaston service) to the 78 back in 2011?. Before that the Kenaston leg was only operating durning  peak hours. I believe the 75 & 77 finally had Sunday service sometime around 2000

On 8/4/2018 at 5:31 PM, bus is coming 1965 said:

Ah cool. I think some of the 911-925.  Actually  921-925 went white when they got repainted after the downtown flyer 

That is my recollection also. The first buses I saw in white were d30LFs, appraring before the 500s hit the road.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

Here’s what’s 74 run looks like. 

0EF92482-35B7-4FDA-98E6-9E8C06421FE2.png

I thought it'd be paired with the 78

Looks like they did some route training today on the 74, I notice at least 4 buses along Kenaston and Rothwell area within a couple of minutes

One bus was going North down Kenaston (avoiding Lowsen, and Tuxedo Business Park) , another bus going  west down Rothwell into the Tuxedo Business Park, another bus going south down Kenaston (did not see if turned into Tuxedo Business Park ), plus the bus I was in going to Polo Park.

On 8/21/2018 at 12:48 PM, bus is coming 1965 said:

400E7C81-6D7F-4F33-892B-AFA978B71344.thumb.png.941bdb1aa5e7bc5b8c68293dcbb18ae2.png wiki says that 975 is 6306 but inside of the bus I can see 6318

E8B44DC0-2165-4FEA-A113-405E0FBD4D2C.thumb.jpeg.922db22e011cf629aff74d72d6ba23d5.jpeg

The D60LF entry in my roster is based on a list provided by Winnipeg Transit. I assume the wiki is based on my roster. According to the Winnipeg Transit list I was given Ottawa #6318 didn't come to Winnipeg.

It'll take someone photographing the builders plate with the serial number to sort it out.

20 minutes ago, DavidW said:

The D60LF entry in my roster is based on a list provided by Winnipeg Transit. I assume the wiki is based on my roster. According to the Winnipeg Transit list I was given Ottawa #6318 didn't come to Winnipeg.

It'll take someone photographing the builders plate with the serial number to sort it out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

6601EBCE-1700-491B-939F-CDBCBEC6FC00.thumb.jpeg.f83d038d323f25c703f5dac5652e2431.jpeg

About what I would expect from Dillon.  These numbers are probably more-or-less accurate except, of course, that they assume Winnipeg Transit is never going to reform their 1945-style route network with its obsession for getting as many routes as possible within a block of Portage and Main.

Dillon's Winnipeg expertise is and was the primary architect of the current state of Winnipeg Transit's route network and service pattern.  There is no hope whatsoever of getting a new perspective or critical review of Winnipeg Transit from Dillon.

There's a study out for R.F.P. that includes a network review, including language about the concept of a Frequent Transit Network (FTN).  If they just hire Dillon to tell them nothing new then the dollars spent on the consulting services will be completely wasted.

27 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

So with the 74 starting in 2 weeks. It’s gonna be stopping at the 24/95 stop and the 24/95 will be moved to the all route stop 

At Polo Park Terminal.

16 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

I can’t believe BG is gonna be opened all day and all night with buses pulling in at like 1:30-2am. I wonder why 

Probably easier that way if a bus pulls out of bg early am it doesn’t need to be replaced by a frg bus that way u can run a bus from early am to next day and Brandon really doesn’t need dispatch at late night at night it’s wash rack helping with the parking of the bus. Plus makes sense if a 162 is a bg but ends at 2 am but at 630 is replaced by a frg bus why not just keep the bg bus out all night. If u look this change a lot more runs are all day and night there’s a lot less buses pulling out at 3 pm as all night buses but that’s just me 

I stopped in at Transit customer service at Millennium Library today and they had all of the updated route pamphlets available.  Excellent! 

5 minutes ago, Taylorover9001 said:

Does anyone know if Route 74 will start operating on September 3rd (Labour Day), or September 4th? I plan on doing a video on it.

Schedule does not have service on Sundays. That would apply to holidays too...

3 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Schedule does not have service on Sundays. That would apply to holidays too...

Okay, jeez. Last time I checked Sunday ≠ Holiday, but whatever. So, September 4th then, because of this "Labour Day" holiday.