Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

11 hours ago, Viafreak said:

Saw that too. Wonder when it was changed as usually that would be done during a schedule change. I think it makes it more clear as to its routing as the 90 also does KP to Henderson via East Kildonan.

The 85 already showed the same information when heading to Henderson/Whellams, but on two screens ("85 HENDERSON... VIA N. KILDONAN") instead of one.
901287565_85Henderson....thumb.jpg.788a397f25e14b4b7c3e570e8c51130f.jpg

8 hours ago, cslusarc said:

I think that busses should say "FACE MASKS EXPECTED" as in my eyes ". .  RECOMMENDED" is not strong enough language.

Face Masks are literally only a recommendation now, they're no longer required or "expected". Thank goodness.

• Like 1

It looks like EB Regent/Rougeau is back on the menu for R48 post-reroute officially since the sticker is back up on the pole all of a sudden. Unofficially that's already been the case with multiple operators on different runs still choosing to observe it anyway, as soon as a few days after it was implemented.

Additionally there's been a sticker stuck up on Peguis/Reenders NB and Peguis/Regent SB, which I think is a much needed QoL improvement that would've come sooner or later for those that wanted to make a point of going to Costco to grab a thing or two.

7 hours ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

It looks like EB Regent/Rougeau is back on the menu for R48 post-reroute officially since the sticker is back up on the pole all of a sudden. Unofficially that's already been the case with multiple operators on different runs still choosing to observe it anyway, as soon as a few days after it was implemented.

Additionally there's been a sticker stuck up on Peguis/Reenders NB and Peguis/Regent SB, which I think is a much needed QoL improvement that would've come sooner or later for those that wanted to make a point of going to Costco to grab a thing or two.

The 48 was always supposed to observe those stops. Just a glitch or mistake in not having those stops listed on the website and Infodev.

On 3/19/2022 at 8:31 AM, vasquez.melvin said:

Another new sign destruction “FACE MASKS RECOMMENDED” sign last Mar. 15 instead “FACE MASKS REQUIRED” sign while during my photography… 

D44AB626-B7AF-4096-B73A-1AC7CC6B0414.jpeg

D92A8B27-899E-4FDC-87FA-71D9A44545F7.jpeg

90E9CC5B-5362-4265-A0AB-6CB8F92297D6.jpeg

Genuine question, are drivers still required to wear masks? Because every single driver I've seen still does. 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:46 AM, Isaac Williams said:

Also saw a bus showing "A3 ME" on the rear. Not sure what that means.
336152589_A3ME(Rear).thumb.JPG.fa8d7c69aba9cfb9ce59d48f5a0de00a.JPG

IIRC, that is just the default message that shows up when there is a programming glitch with those Luminator signs. A1 Message for front, A2 Message for side, A3 Message for rear.

A new WT online interface/mobile app was released today. Apparently in May it will replace the current inferfaces. In many ways it is worse than what is currently available. The route schedule view on the full website will be turned off. As for mobile, times can only be seen 2 hours ahead of the selected time, whereas before the number of hours after the selected time could be selected by the user. In addition, early/late busses do not show up in red unless the individual trip is selected. Can anyone find any positives…? Because I can’t.

3 hours ago, MMP15 said:

A new WT online interface/mobile app was released today. Apparently in May it will replace the current inferfaces. In many ways it is worse than what is currently available. The route schedule view on the full website will be turned off. As for mobile, times can only be seen 2 hours ahead of the selected time, whereas before the number of hours after the selected time could be selected by the user. In addition, early/late busses do not show up in red unless the individual trip is selected. Can anyone find any positives…? Because I can’t.

On the website version, you can view Work Bus maps. That's kinda nice I guess...

If you want, you can try out my website, and see if you like it in comparison. Times always go to end of service, late buses are very obvious, bus numbers and run numbers are displayed, and there are several filters. You can also view service advisories/re-routes on there. I won't deny that in some ways it doesn't look as nice, some of the interfaces aren't as good, and it's not entirely mobile-friendly, but it is functional, using the official Winnipeg Transit API. You can also view static-schedules on there too.
https://www.wtlivewpg.com/Pages/Tracker/

• Like 1

Two routing proposals brought up for the summer change in the IRPW that went up late today:

- R38 to The Forks would continue to Portage E then Westbrook (same as 10/43/50/56) instead of turning south onto Main and then William Stephenson, now that the short-turns were eliminated along with the axing of the Spirit shuttles. Bonus side-effect: it'll prevent construction delays with construction slated to start on William Stephenson the same day that the summer switch happens.

- R35 would run a little further down Templeton to Templeton/McPhillips instead of Templeton/Pipeline to be able to service the gates that have sprung up. Bonus side-effect: at least in warmer months, it'll save walkers from Aurora at North Point a handful of steps. Might as well be called teaser service for that area.

22 hours ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Two routing proposals brought up for the summer change in the IRPW that went up late today:

- R38 to The Forks would continue to Portage E then Westbrook (same as 10/43/50/56) instead of turning south onto Main and then William Stephenson, now that the short-turns were eliminated along with the axing of the Spirit shuttles. Bonus side-effect: it'll prevent construction delays with construction slated to start on William Stephenson the same day that the summer switch happens.

That would probably eliminate any sort of delays for the 38 turning east onto William Stephenson as currently the buses have to wait for a break in traffic along northbound Main. This is on top of the changes for the 53 and 56 coming in April to the same area. Its hard to tell but I believe this is part of the TMP.

14 hours ago, vasquez.melvin said:

For my First time took photos of Bus 232 I was seen layover & stopping at Polo Park Terminal on Route 74 Kenaston to University of Manitoba with Winnipeg Public Library ad 

83208704-A671-465F-9A0A-F0C4E0B8A99C.jpeg

1616EE32-191E-49D2-B882-CBBDD8EEAA20.jpeg

Nice catch. I'm surprised that wrap has survived for so long... apparently I shot it all the way back in June of 2008 :blink:

232-1.thumb.JPG.4bfaf2507f630f68870ee44ddcb95267.JPG

On 4/3/2022 at 5:47 PM, wt_enthusiast_photos said:

369 seen here on Wellington Crescent on the 635  

F8AAE8AF-99CC-4E45-990B-31F3E2CE6FD2.thumb.jpeg.8760ffb77676f4bcc31ce7c514011a2e.jpeg

then later this afternoon 369 got traded off for 230 seen here crossing Osborne and River

89F83F2F-2FA8-4665-A9A4-681B11FCAEB7.thumb.jpeg.ca51c38095ef87d5f852160ad5dd2d72.jpeg

That is a downgrade. Even those D40LFs are looking tired.

21 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

That is a downgrade. Even those D40LFs are looking tired.

Yes and no. At least I got my favourite 369 on it. I’m trying to get it on every route and in almost done. I even have it on the 88. The 200s are still pretty powerful buses power. And then the ex Calgary buses are in awesome shape in fact they are in better shape then are own 500s