Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

1 hour ago, MMP15 said:

Damn, I wish they were to replace the D40LF. We need more artics

Agreed. And they need to go on other routes, as well - while I can’t call this an unbiased opinion since I live half a block from Portage, the 21 needs them at certain times of day. Same with the 11, especially at night.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

We are getting 20 new artics. I have a strong source at Transit! These 20 are to replace the old artics

Yes, this is great news. I love the new artic’s and I know they’re already retiring the old ones. My comment is that we’re getting an additional 12 new ones through the ZEB program, on top of the 20 replacements. For a total of 32 new artic’s by the end of 2022.

So more are coming. But I do agree they can’t come fast enough!

That's great. The D60LF's seem to have less seating than the XD60's. Most of the seating is longitudinal rather than latitudinal much like the D40HF's and are in weird places such as over the middle axle. No matter how hard you try to sit there, it is uncomfortable but sometimes that is the only seats available. Also the engines sound terrible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jhood135 said:

Yes, this is great news. I love the new artic’s and I know they’re already retiring the old ones. My comment is that we’re getting an additional 12 new ones through the ZEB program, on top of the 20 replacements. For a total of 32 new artic’s by the end of 2022.

So more are coming. But I do agree they can’t come fast enough!

Yes that's right. That makes sense I remember my buddy saying something about that 

56 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

Most of the seating is longitudinal rather than latitudinal much like the D40HF's and are in weird places such as over the middle axle. No matter how hard you try to sit there, it is uncomfortable but sometimes that is the only seats available.

The second time I rode a D60LF, I sat in one of the seats on the turntable since there were none available in the back row, and as cool as it was to watch the bus work its magic around 90° turns, it was annoying to have to move my feet every time someone wanted to get on or off, so I know where you’re coming from.

In any case, regardless of the model or how it’s powered, I’m just glad to see we’re getting more artics (even if I know they’re not gonna show up on the routes I ride on a regular basis).

I rode the 101 and the 102 today. One problem I found is that, I tried to book a 102 trip to Paterson Loop, but it wouldn't let me, always giving me an error of "We're currently experiencing very high demand and all our seats are currently booked!". But setting the destination as Southdale Centre instead worked. The 101 did let me set the destination as Plaza Station, though it had me dropped off at Southbound Pembina at Plaza, which wasn't too surprising. I also noticed they appeared to have smartphones, not tablets. Here are a couple screenshots of the app after booking the 101, and the 102.
vlcsnap-2021-08-22-16h00m30s690.thumb.png.9763334ced4dad816736a27164b7c7f3.png vlcsnap-2021-08-22-16h05m46s897.thumb.png.6c69836bddaae97be6687137fe0d2f04.png

vlcsnap-2021-08-22-16h56m38s670.thumb.png.242c840f0accfbd5d6ae14cf2ef483f0.png vlcsnap-2021-08-22-16h18m22s447.thumb.png.ccdbb3437964537697642c9bbcc40001.png vlcsnap-2021-08-22-16h17m17s551.thumb.png.daf4b7e0a7fca3eb3fa32ab8c3927db9.png

As you might expect, service to the University will be increased.

Some notable things:

• BLUE: Buses will be U of M, U of M, St. Norbert outbound AM rush, and inbound PM rush.
  • 36: The U of M-Health Sciences buses return. Although it will only have 1 bus during the mid-day, and not operate during the PM rush (only U of M to Maples will operate). First bus to the Maples leaves at 13:50.
  • 75: In the AM, it will have buses that start at Southdale Centre and go to the U of M. In the PM there will be buses that start at the U of M and terminate in Windsor Park.
  • 662, 671, 672: No change in service...

Non-University notable things:

• 22: It will return to being (kind of) bidirectional.
  • 83: Using slightly modified version of Reduced Spring 2020 schedule. As a result, only 2 buses during both rush hours.
  • 690: Outbound buses end at NB Henlow @ Scurfield.
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 8:34 PM, MMP15 said:

Has anyone ridden on request Transit? If so, what was your experience? Are the quoted times accurate?

I rode the 101 this afternoon. The times the app gave were pretty accurate. They are dynamic, as well, so if the bus spends a long amount of time sitting at a red light, the tone will change (for instance, when I boarded it, the app gave an ETA of 3:42, which changed to 3:43 while the bus was waiting to turn onto Route 165).

• 2 weeks later...

The latest IRPW is up. You know that 47 Kildare change that Shawn Nason originally proposed a while back to have it utilize Peguis St and Transcona Blvd instead, but got shot down? They want to do it with both routes 48 and 89 instead when the winter service hits.

However in spite of 89 being given a brand new market there isn't any mention of resurrecting Saturday runs beyond a vague "as well as on weekends", which if the new status quo remains, is really more like "as well as on Sundays". As well, no change proposed for route 90, so it'd be the only zig-zag option.

2 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

(why can’t the 42 be bidirectional, like the 67?).

Or at the very least, start at EB Regent/Rougeau in the AM, and return to Kildonan Place in the PM. As for Transcona Blvd rush-hour service, there is still the 44 on Peguis, and the 47 via Kildare on Plessis for those going in the off-peak direction, though for some people, it would still be a bit of a walk.

I also just noticed, the updated 89 map still shows "Regent" as a destination, despite the 89 late night service being cut in Fall 2020, and certainly won't be coming back with this new routing.

89Regent.png

2 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

Or at the very least, start at EB Regent/Rougeau in the AM, and return to Kildonan Place in the PM. As for Transcona Blvd rush-hour servide, there is still the 44 on Peguis, and the 47 via Kildare on Plessis for those going in the off-peak direction, though for some people, it would still be a bit of a walk.

I also just noticed, the updated 89 map still shows "Regent" as a destination, which hasn't been a destination since evening service was cut in Fall 2020, and certainly won't be coming back with this new routing.

89Regent.png

No. That was always there it was when it just went to regent and day before they got rid of the late night service 

6 hours ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

However in spite of 89 being given a brand new market there isn't any mention of resurrecting Saturday runs beyond a vague "as well as on weekends", which if the new status quo remains, is really more like "as well as on Sundays". As well, no change proposed for route 90, so it'd be the only zig-zag option.

Why does the 89 run Sunday to Friday? No other route in the entire city has that schedule. As to the 90, it currently follows the 89 in Transcona during rush hour only.

5 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

No. That was always there it was when it just went to regent and day before they got rid of the late night service 

I know. I'm saying they still have it there, in spite of the fact that the 89 late night service was cut over a year ago.

4 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

Why does the 89 run Sunday to Friday? No other route in the entire city has that schedule.

Because Winnipeg Transit does weird things. It's been like that since Fall 2020.