Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Just now, Isaac Williams said:

You could, perhaps, open a window when possible.

Yeahhhh... have you tried that when it's +30? It helps a bit, but is not the same as AC and is a big deterrent to taking transit in summer. I'd rather take a mode of transport that doesn't induce a noxious smell of heavy perspiration from other passengers (like a D40LFR or an XD40...)

1 hour ago, MMP15 said:

Yeahhhh... have you tried that when it's +30? It helps a bit, but is not the same as AC and is a big deterrent to taking transit in summer. I'd rather take a mode of transport that doesn't induce a noxious smell of heavy perspiration from other passengers (like a D40LFR or an XD40...)

Transit wasn't ordering buses with A/C at the time.... they had no plans too until 700s came in. 

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

Anyone know if there's gonna be change for the summer service ?

I hope so. The Portage corridor (specifically the 21 and 22) needs clean-up. Put it back to how they were on the (normal) Spring 2020 schedule, and change the 11 to fit in with that too. Or if Transit wants to start implementing parts of the TMP, extend the BLUE to Assiniboia. Other route schedules need some improvement too, in part because of recent reductions.

On 5/29/2021 at 6:58 PM, bus is coming 1965 said:

Anyone know if there's gonna be change for the summer service ?

Maybe they could finally figure out that CentrePort Canada needs bus service, to cover the hundreds if not thousands of new workers in the NW corner of Winnipeg? Or maybe re-route some feeders to help them break-even? WT definitely doesn't have a shortage of shelved projects & route extensions... might be a good time to actually try to expand service if possible, especially to any fully employed, industrial areas such as CentrePort (which the 28 and 31 BARELY cover to begin with).

1 hour ago, armorand said:

Maybe they could finally figure out that CentrePort Canada needs bus service, to cover the hundreds if not thousands of new workers in the NW corner of Winnipeg? Or maybe re-route some feeders to help them break-even? WT definitely doesn't have a shortage of shelved projects & route extensions... might be a good time to actually try to expand service if possible, especially to any fully employed, industrial areas such as CentrePort (which the 28 and 31 BARELY cover to begin with).

Why do you think the centreport needs bus service?

3 hours ago, armorand said:

WT definitely doesn't have a shortage of shelved projects & route extensions... might be a good time to actually try to expand service if possible, especially to any fully employed, industrial areas such as CentrePort (which the 28 and 31 BARELY cover to begin with).

They’ve been looking for excuses to cut service since before the pandemic. That, combined with the fact that it will be the summer change, when they reduce everything anyway, means the chances of that happening are non-existent.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, bus is coming 1965 said:

Due to the heat 

828 is on the 101

349 is on the 102

I thought the D30LF's had A/C units (the thing on the roof near the front)? Plus they also have the sliding windows (which I prefer to the way the windows open on newer buses), which you can open. Not to mention the 101 and 102 only operate during the evening/night on weekdays.

10 minutes ago, Isaac Williams said:

I thought the D30LF's had A/C units (the thing on the roof near the front)? Plus they also have the sliding windows (which I prefer to the way the windows open on newer buses), which you can open. Not to mention the 101 and 102 only operate during the evening/night on weekdays.

Lol no. Thats only the heater. They've done this a few times over the years where it's extremely hot out. So they give the darts A/C

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

I thought the D30LF's had A/C units (the thing on the roof near the front)?

A driver once told me that they came with A/C units, but that WT had them removed.

2 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

Due to the heat 

828 is on the 101

349 is on the 102

A check of the API shows that the 110 had 170 today, likely for the same reason.

Edited by SirAndrew710
Original post included the wrong bus number

5 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

A driver once told me that they came with A/C units, but that WT had them removed.

That's CAP I've seen the driver's area of the older and newer D30LF they have never had A/C.  Although the 500s were supported to have A/C but something about the mayor didn't want them at the time 

If anybody is interested, I've created a Windows program that tries to simulate a Winnipeg Transit Luminator controller and display. I know that Andrew did show his version awhile back, though I'm not sure if he provided a link to it. If you are using the keyboard to manipulate the controller, make sure the controller is the active window. To change the sign, click the Dest A or Dest B buttons on-screen (or press A or B on the keyboard) and type in the code using the number buttons on-screen (or using the keyboard). To change the P/R, use the P/R button on-screen (or press P on the keyboard), and type in the code using the number buttons on-screen (or using the keyboard). If you want to change the colour of the front display between white and orange, press C on the keyboard.

ODK3, Dest 1603:                                    ODK4, P/R 582:
 CPCon1.thumb.png.9b3fe38b3ba7156335eb8b4fbaabbf04.pngCPCon2.thumb.png.c277ec3d34db65100bbd4cf2545da3b6.png

Download:
https://mega.nz/file/VBtnEISR#KtoBWLgtqMlcQv9uKMPKHtVJILcBd_k7azZeD-1Q278

Codes:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!Al89uMyu353TejL8LLzxHZz8D2g?e=BTzcMn

Edit:
Updated look of the controllers.

• Like 2