Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

10 hours ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

7D0D2A35-7759-42FB-9287-6BE46BCBA186.thumb.png.0191f28506c92919ff1e661239c5ffb5.png

saw this on global when they were taking about upgrading the perimeter highway interesting I see talks about a rail yard for LRT on the outskirts of the city by the west side and possibly running a median lrt line on portage avenue, first I even heard of this being proposed for rapid transit in Wpg 

I saw that in the report too. I can't imagine how much that would cost in terms for construction on Portage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

6597661C-D208-4675-8CEC-63B31EDB31FD.thumb.jpeg.0d1e9b4d0c9ae0185b03f5aa56295059.jpeg
masks are mandatory on Winnipeg transit and transit plus starting tmr 

Greg should've said Monday instead because that's way too short of an advance notice seemingly to line up with when Superstore does the same thing. I'm glad someone managed to get the city to get their heads out of the sand at least.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, cslusarc said:

What is wrong with the Province, the City & Winnipeg Transit.   Masks should've been required since March.

These were the same people that told everyone that this whole virus crap was just a "low risk" back in February and to not pay any mind to it.

If there's anything we've learned, it's that "low risk" is a synonym for "you should be worried but we don't really want you to be".

On 8/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, matt548 said:

Aww that sucks

Ummm, why would retiring these ugly (in their current white paint scheme) non-air conditioned buses "Suck"? Glad to see 'em go!

On 8/24/2020 at 1:11 AM, bus is coming 1965 said:

They'll still be around. They just take it off of keep it on till they get rebuilt!

I wish they'd renumber the Salter route. 38 is such a downer to me.

On 8/16/2020 at 12:54 AM, ConnorsCompShow said:

And that's another Balmoral terminal that's going to sit around completely unused, after the mobile homeless shelter (DT 3) is given the axe too.

Is that why Uni students don't tend to use Balmoral Stn.? Yet I see most Uni. students get off and on at Portage at Spence

2 hours ago, LilZebra said:

Is that why Uni students don't tend to use Balmoral Stn.? Yet I see most Uni. students get off and on at Portage at Spence

People would board the 47, 160 and 162 at Balmoral Station all the time. I’d imagine most of the people using 10545 WB Portage at Spence would be transferring to the Portage corridor routes.

2 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

People would board the 47, 160 and 162 at Balmoral Station all the time. I’d imagine most of the people using 10545 WB Portage at Spence would be transferring to the Portage corridor routes.

Correct. I often transferred on Portage at the University of Winnipeg to my express bus home. There are 8 express routes that serve that stop. The 21, 22, 24 and 25 serve Polo Park and west and stay on Portage to Polo where the 24/25 go down Ness and the 21/22 stay on Portage until Westwood. The 40/41 serve North Kildonan and turn north on Main to head to Disraeli/Henderson. The 54 and 59 go down Portage and turn south on Main and continue to South St. Vital.

32 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

Correct. I often transferred on Portage at the University of Winnipeg to my express bus home. There are 8 express routes that serve that stop. The 21, 22, 24 and 25 serve Polo Park and west and stay on Portage to Polo where the 24/25 go down Ness and the 21/22 stay on Portage until Westwood. The 40/41 serve North Kildonan and turn north on Main to head to Disraeli/Henderson. The 54 and 59 go down Portage and turn south on Main and continue to South St. Vital.

Make that 9. The 67 also stays on Portage as far as Polo before exiting onto Kenaston to serve Tuxedo and Charleswood.

On 8/28/2020 at 5:40 PM, LilZebra said:

Ummm, why would retiring these ugly (in their current white paint scheme) non-air conditioned buses "Suck"? Glad to see 'em go!

Yeah 559 and 570 have no AC but I loved the way the sounded is all. To each their own, I guess... 

By the way, I know the sound thing is not important, but still it's a personal thing... 

Oh also unrelated, I was cycling next to the Transitway between Beaumont and Jubilee and I saw bus 9460 (originally 460) driving down the road with its engine door open. It was yesterday around 8:15 pm. What was that about? 

IMO, the D30LF's, D40LF's and D60LF's are the best active buses on the system.

38 minutes ago, matt548 said:

Oh also unrelated, I was cycling next to the Transitway between Beaumont and Jubilee and I saw bus 9460 (originally 460) driving down the road with its engine door open. It was yesterday around 8:15 pm. What was that about? 

I saw that too, at 8:18 PM.
20200902_195706.thumb.jpg.966112398d9cdd5765d9d62971696d4d.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, armorand said:

Woah wait - since when were the Spirits getting axed?! I must've missed this...

The city went through a doom-and-gloom budget process last November in which they suggested cutting almost everything (libraries, fire halls, arenas, pools).  As part of the process, Transit proposed various service cuts, including axing the Spirits.  And that's one of the cuts that made it into the final budget.