Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

15 hours ago, LilZebra said:

I agree with you. I firmly believe what President Trump says that this whole Wuhan Coronavirus "pandemic" is squarely due to China and US Democrats interfering in the 2020 US election to unseat Trump.

If you take reasonable precautiions such as handwashing,  taking Oil of Oregano first sign of scratchy throat, etc...

No need to literally shut down most of this planet Earth in order to stop or slow down Wuhan-originated virus.

It comes down to accusing China and US Demoratic Party of a Communist takeover. Is this the New World Order or the Bible's Revelations come true? I'm not 100% sure yet.

When I got the 1968 Hong Kong flu at age 2 1/2 in November 1968 my parents didn't take me to no Hospital. No, they looked after me at home. For one night I was really really sick. Diarrhea, etc... But I didn't die. I'm still here.

But yeah, no gov't is gonna tell me to "Stay in place". Apart from groceries, I just gotta get out. You can't tell LilZebra (my soul name means "Youthful individuality") what to do. If it comes down to getting shot and killed over it, then so be it. Rather leave this sorry world to the others to deal with.

At this point, after waiting 39 years for rapid transit to form here and be left with one half-assed Bus Rapi Transit line. At this point I don't give a s**t.

Yeah, I'm still planning on walking all the way to Balmoral for 5:30 AMish. If the weather is subpar, then Harkness or Fort Rouge, I'm not missing the first BLUE bus.

17 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

WT is considering moving to an enhanced Saturday schedule effective with the schedule change. https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/transit-changes-could-be-coming-to-winnipeg-1.4881495

Good move on Transit's part. With few non-essential businesses open during this pandemic, there is less demand for Transit. This will probably save money in the long run. I would like Transit to consider this for future stat hoildays as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I was just looking at the fleet roster on the Wiki, and saw all the old 400’s and early 500’s have been retired. Does this mean there are no more buses on the road with those old destination signs? (I don’t know what they’re called, they just weren’t LED.)

8 minutes ago, jhood135 said:

I was just looking at the fleet roster on the Wiki, and saw all the old 400’s and early 500’s have been retired. Does this mean there are no more buses on the road with those old destination signs? (I don’t know what they’re called, they just weren’t LED.)

The 1996 D30LFs also had the flip-dot signs (to answer your question about what they’re called), but according to the wiki, the last of those are retired as well. So, thankfully, all the buses that had the flip-dot signs are gone.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Things are getting so empty these days that it seems 788 decided to give up on their 42 run the moment they hit Sanford Fleming. A figurative tumbleweed rolling all the way around Lakeside Meadows.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:29 PM, SirAndrew710 said:

The 1996 D30LFs also had the flip-dot signs (to answer your question about what they’re called), but according to the wiki, the last of those are retired as well. So, thankfully, all the buses that had the flip-dot signs are gone.

Ding-dong, the flip-dots are dead.

Finally saw a poster with the Spring Service changes (nothing posted on the Winnipeg Transit Website)
Routes #12, 42, 46, 48 and 98 were the only ones listed having schedule changes (besides the new routes created with the Transitway)

75 Crosstown East wasn't listed however, a quick check online show a regular summer change (without the extra peak-period buses)

1 hour ago, MMP15 said:

I realize the reroute was probably a snap decision, however I wouldn't think that the location of the fire would affect Bohemier vs Markham.

It all depends on what the street supervisor decide maybe they don’t want regular routes on the brt as they still wanna serve Dysart stop but all decisions quick and slow are up to control 

That's pretty puzzling, but it doesn't shock me. The one thing that I hate about the east end is whenever the Louise inevitably closes for maintenance, they bring routes onto the Disraeli from Midwinter, only to then kick them off the Disraeli then back around to Annabella. For the local service (44/45/47) that's fine, but express service (42/46/48) should keep going all the way to James since they're meant to be speedy, there's literally no stops on Higgins until it's at Main anyway.

In that situation it's totally possible to serve both Stadium Station as a replacement then southbound at Dysart. Not so much northbound but it's close enough to the point where if you see them prepping to turn into Stadium Station, you'd know something's up.