Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

1 hour ago, Viafreak said:

The thing with the 11 is that the majority of the route (Henderson/Edison to Westwood/Portage) has very frequent service making the case for artics moot. I think it will happen more once the order of the XD60's is complete.

I'm not sure what you mean by "moot". Artics are exactly the correct change for a route that is already high-frequency and experiencing overcrowding.

The correct response to overcrowding on a low frequency route is improved frequency. The correct response to overcrowding on a high frequency route is not even higher frequency, but higher capacity vehicles.

4 hours ago, DavidW said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "moot". Artics are exactly the correct change for a route that is already high-frequency and experiencing overcrowding.

The correct response to overcrowding on a low frequency route is improved frequency. The correct response to overcrowding on a high frequency route is not even higher frequency, but higher capacity vehicles.

I think the 11 that ends at 1029 downtown is a perfect candidate for this bus and the 11 that starts at 1512 and ends around 1030 in NK should get it. I agree maybe the 170 could use it at night time since that things is always packed no mater what even the 1245 trip I had to rush for a seat so odd for late night to be packed 

21 hours ago, Viafreak said:

The thing with the 11 is that the majority of the route (Henderson/Edison to Westwood/Portage) has very frequent service making the case for artics moot. I think it will happen more once the order of the XD60's is complete.

when are they (the XD60's)coming?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 3:21 PM, bus is coming 1965 said:

Yesterday my friend had 885 got a check engine light so he ended up getting traded off for 906 he was mad cause his run was out all day all night run. Today 906 is on the 11. POS

I don't like those either because the aisles and seats are so cramped.

They look like from the 1930s or "Lost in Space" 1960s era buses.