Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

On 3/26/2018 at 11:50 PM, wpgtransit183-2 said:

It’s the second and third bus rule. If ur the second bus ur not obligated to stop at the stop so the public is supposed to come to u so u can legally drive past the front of the stop if ur the second bus. Where as the third bus and on has to stop at the front of the stop. 

That makes no sense?

Edited by A. Wong
Removed reported content

9 minutes ago, wpgtransit183-2 said:

I’m just gonna say it this has been the worst schedule change ever and a lot of my driver friends will agree scheduling really screwed up a lot of the good work 

yeah it's too confusing...

On 2018-03-16 at 5:28 PM, DavidW said:

Saw an in-bus poster announcing service changes for 08 April 2018. There were no route changes. There were schedule changes for eight routes: 36, 72, 75, 78, 160, 161, 162, and 163. These look like the usual service frequency reductions associated with the end of University of Manitoba classes.

It's now the Thursday before the Sunday change and Customer Service still doesnt have printed route pamphlets for the updated routes.

Another customer service failure by Transit Tom...

43 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

11 other buses are getting WI-FI as part of a project through the Innovation budget.

Oh yeah... I remember that they said 12 buses... 

Oh and I wonder if anyone knows what number  the other 11 buses are 

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, wpgtransit183-2 said:

It’s the second and third bus rule. If ur the second bus ur not obligated to stop at the stop so the public is supposed to come to u so u can legally drive past the front of the stop if ur the second bus. Where as the third bus and on has to stop at the front of the stop. 

Does that presuppose that all 3 buses are on the same route?

On 4/5/2018 at 5:17 PM, Mark Walton said:

Does that presuppose that all 3 buses are on the same route?

No, I don't think so; it's rare in Winnipeg to see three buses from the same route together. The rule applies quite generally to whenever there's a queue of buses at a bus stop. Passengers are expected to board the first two buses in the queue at the same time, rather than waiting for the first bus to depart and the second bus to pull right up to the stop. On a street like Graham Avenue, which is a steady line of buses in rush hour, it would slow down operations considerably if the buses only boarded one at a time. In principle the two-bus rule allows buses to depart in pairs rather than one at a time.

In practice, my experience is that the driver of the second bus will often stop again at the actual stop, but will say something to the passenger like "Didn't you see me right there? Why didn't you board already?"

And, of course, people are allowed to board the third and fourth buses in the queue, too, but those buses are so far back from the stop that they do have to stop again, because it's not practical to make everyone to scurry back that far to board their bus.

• Thanks 1