Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

I dare you to use that as an academic source for any sort of research or historical documentation.

Seriously. I don't mean to be grumpy but can we please move past the hearsay and start posting useful information again?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Boarded a bus home yesterday at Millennium Library. The destination signs said "X60 Pembina Stadium".  I kind of like that they're separating the Stadium specials from the regular service with an "X" prefix on the route number.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, trebor204 said:

It's only July, but Winnipeg Transit has already posted information on the Fall Schedule changes:

http://winnipegtransit.com/en/rider-guide/news/#fallservicechange

Routes being updated: 33, 72, 84, 85, 86, and 94.

They already have notices posted about stops on route 94 being discontinued some September.

Yes. They did one right In front of my house for the 94 and the 84 at ikea

This is an uncharacteristically early announcement of service changes.  I've always assumed that changes were announced a few days before they became effective as a strategy to diminish the window for people to get upset and try to have changes changed.

I'm very curious to see the schedules for these changes.  I've been working with a group to promote and support the idea of a formal Frequent Transit Network. 

Using the standard of bidirectional service and headway never greater than 15 minutes weekdays between 07:00 and 18:00 there are actually zero qualifying corridors, but several come close: Henderson (Downtown-Edison); Main (Downtown-Jefferson); Portage (Downtown - Polo Park - Grace Hospital - Rouge); Southwest Transitway (Downtown - Jubilee off ramps); and University Crescent (Pembina - Dafoe).

Frequency Charts are here.

Bus 789 broke down today while on 16 Island Lakes. Not sure exactly what happened, though I was directly behind it on 995 and saw it happen. It was stopped on Main Street near Graham Avenue, when it suddenly leaned left violently. Everybody had to get off before it limped onto Graham and stopped for good.

20170731_151457_011.jpg20170731_151504_003.jpgAviary_Photo_131460104864746717.png

3 hours ago, Taylorover9001 said:

Bus 789 broke down today while on 16 Island Lakes. Not sure exactly what happened, though I was directly behind it on 995 and saw it happen. It was stopped on Main Street near Graham Avenue, when it suddenly leaned left violently. Everybody had to get off before it limped onto Graham and stopped for good.

20170731_151457_011.jpg20170731_151504_003.jpgAviary_Photo_131460104864746717.png

Yah bellows blew happened on a 29 once and my friends 11 both rear bellows sent happens when they crack or water seeps in easy fix back in G 

• 2 weeks later...

The new bus stop signs are already up and the revised routing signs are also up for the 85. As that was of last week, its close to a month before the September change. I am wondering if the other revised routings have the same advance preparation. I have noticed that the Fort Rouge station doesn't have any signs yet for the 84/86, which are been routed there in the September change.