Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

On 2017-04-01 at 11:47 PM, bus is coming 1965 said:

So I'm looking at the run cards for next change and I noticed no 160-1 weekday I guess it's cause of what happened 

Same for Saturday and Sunday. Saturday has 160-2 to 160-5 and Sunday is 160-2 and 160-3 so it must be cause of what happened. 

On 4/3/2017 at 11:34 PM, wpgtransit183-2 said:

Same for Saturday and Sunday. Saturday has 160-2 to 160-5 and Sunday is 160-2 and 160-3 so it must be cause of what happened. 

I'm just wondering, did they change the run cards so it doesn't relate to the tragedy? Or did they change the schedule for the run, in order to potentially make the route safer/timed transfers? Also makes me wonder, if the U of M and the Police would step up outdoor patrols around there at night.

Major changes coming to Transit coming this September:

http://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/DMIS/ViewDoc.asp?DocId=16056&SectionId=&InitUrl

85 - Revised Routing in All Seasons Area at Intersection of Headmasters and De Vries

72 - Extend Service further south in South Pointe

33 - Revised Routing Downtown

84/86/94 - Starting in the next couple of weeks (84 & 86) will service the new Outlet Mall

- In September:

84 - Service to start at Fort Rogue Station, IKEA,  Seasons , Lindenwood East

86 - Fort Rogue Station, Lindenwood West, North Town Road Area

94 - Revised Route, Now Two Way Service

I am pleased to see those route changes. Its going to make it easier for Transit Users in North Kildonan and Waverly West to use the Bus. Too bad the changes in Transit for Sage Creek aren't being implemented at this time. My guess is April 2018 for the restart for the 52 as it has been delayed to the 2018 budget.

25 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

I am pleased to see those route changes. Its going to make it easier for Transit Users in North Kildonan and Waverly West to use the Bus. Too bad the changes in Transit for Sage Creek aren't being implemented at this time. My guess is April 2018 for the restart for the 52 as it has been delayed to the 2018 budget.

Yeah I can't wait to see the new 52

. I wonder what they've done to the 95...

I got the old and new schedule for the 95 and the differences I found were:

1) Instead of a combined schedule (Polo Park - Eccles & Claire - Polo Park), they broke the schedule into 2 Parts (Polo Park - Eccles & Claire) and (Eccles & Claire - Polo Park)

2) Under the old schedule, 3 of the runs ended of Edgeland & Corydon, now these runs now continue to Portage & Tylerhurst. It looks the old schedule failed to included that the buses did continue to Portage. There was a notion (# - To Portage and Tylerhurst only) that some buses stopped at Portage / Tylehurst, but it was not incuded on the schedule (ie. 9:12 instead of 9:12#, 18:47 instead of 18:47# and 19:14 instead of 19:14#). The new schedule fixes the problem