Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Yes, which ones (D40s) that are retired, which ones are about to be retired, which ones will last until maybe the end of the year, etc etc. Especially final days of these buses, if possible to know which days exactly they'll be retired. No ones provided anything up-to-date in ages, although from personal spotting, 375 has disappeared, and so has 672. 694-699 I still see, along with 682. Haven't seen 375 or 672 since the Fall/Winter. Is 365 still around?

And for photos... thats a good question! If you could, I was wondering if you could get a few pics of them in their lanes, maybe in maintenance, or possibly if retired, pictures of them outside or maybe before-and-afters when Winnipeg Transit scavenges it for usable parts before the scrapper? It would help out alot!

Regarding retirement dates, I'll have to track down a couple people who might know. I know they're keeping a few around for DATs, as they prefer to use them while they can. Granted, they'll have to use LFs when all the HFs are gone, but hey.

As for photos, I'll do what I can. I know you're interested (not just you personally, but a number of members), but a) I don't always have time, and B) I can't stop guys from working on anything while I snap a pic. And yes, as the last person mentioned, 365 is still around. In revenue service, I believe.

Be well.

You mentioned 694-699. 693 is alive and well. And there is no retirement schedule per se. It happens not on a specific date, but as necessary. It can be incident based, parts based, workload based. But there is nothing which currently says, "on date X we will junk bus ###."

You mentioned 694-699. 693 is alive and well. And there is no retirement schedule per se. It happens not on a specific date, but as necessary. It can be incident based, parts based, workload based. But there is nothing which currently says, "on date X we will junk bus ###."

Although I expect that the arrival of any new buses will cause the remaining highfloors to be retired.

Although I expect that the arrival of any new buses will cause the remaining highfloors to be retired.

Oh, absolutely. The fleet size will be kept consistent, and the high floors will go. Incidents requiring the high floors to be retired early may take place. Currently, there is no tender for new buses.

Tested out my new 20MP camera tonight, guys! What do you all think?

Looks like it takes decent night shots, but there seems to be a bus shelter covering half the bus? Maybe that's just my monitor or something tho.....

• 3 weeks later...

No artic sightings today, but all 99x were out for the pm rush:

991 on 57 Southdale Exp

992 on 68 Crescent

993 on 25 Ness Super Exp

Sightings at MTS Centre - 1st two e/b and 3rd was w/b

And - 942 on 55 St Annes (ouch, a crowded D30LF)

You'll be happy to know that there will be no more Wpg sightings. Back home tonight.

Yup, Winnipeg Exclusive, not Executive!!

http://www.winnipegexclusivebustours.com/

Basically the person behind it is Walt Morris from Winnipeg Dodge, Winnipeg Suzuki, etc. Based in Headingly but since they don't have enough buses yet they lease some buses from 5 Star. Biggest part of the business is a contract with CN to shuttle workers back and forth between hotels, airport and training centre in Transcona

Yup, Winnipeg Exclusive, not Executive!!

http://www.winnipegexclusivebustours.com/

Basically the person behind it is Walt Morris from Winnipeg Dodge, Winnipeg Suzuki, etc. Based in Headingly but since they don't have enough buses yet they lease some buses from 5 Star. Biggest part of the business is a contract with CN to shuttle workers back and forth between hotels, airport and training centre in Transcona

Thanks for the info. Yes I have seen the "CN" decalled bus at the airport ... are you driving for them?

Winnipeg Transit website has a new system map, dated 2014-06-25.

Errors found so far:

- misspelling of "downtown"

- 60 Pembina is called a transitway route, inset even shows route entering/exiting on Warsaw, and also says it uses Queen Elizabeth Way

- 70 Richmond is in the transitway and downtown route lists

- old route names used for 94 and 95 in the bottom-right inset

About time that it received an update! Pretty sure David pointed out the lack of any updates to the rest of the map, minus rapid transit.

- Sage Creek/R50 cut off the map, into the "legend" on the side.

- Chief Peguis Trail expansion not shown in maps

- Last time I went by Hedges on Route 24, I saw the school being torn down. It's apparently amalganating with Ness.

- Bomber stadium non-existent in map. Which I find really odd.

- Beaver Bus Line's has been running Selkirk runs for decades. Just wondering, why doesn't Winnipeg Transit ever put their terminus on their maps, or like Edmonton/ETS, maybe even put the BBL route on the map like StAT and Strathcona County? I've just been wondering about this for awhile now, because you can see the stop at the U of W, but yet, theres not even a hint of it anywhere else on Winnipeg Transit signs, stops and especially maps.