Jump to content

CMBC E901/E902 Trolleys


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, DD453T said:

Is 2805 really that roached?

It's hard to imagine how a coach with an extra decade of hard service is in any better shape than 2805.

Not all the coaches were used in service in Mendoza. They bought more than double what they needed, as a source of spare parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Not all the coaches were used in service in Mendoza. They bought more than double what they needed, as a source of spare parts.

2716 is one of the coaches that didn't enter service. Looks like it could be repaired though. Replace some windows and other parts using 2805 as a source, paint it back to the orange UTA livery, CVI it, and it could be good to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 years later...
On 1/23/2018 at 1:32 PM, Community Shuttle said:

2716 is one of the coaches that didn't enter service. Looks like it could be repaired though. Replace some windows and other parts using 2805 as a source, paint it back to the orange UTA livery, CVI it, and it could be good to go.

BUMP

Is there any further developments with getting an E902 back on the streets?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 10:06 PM, Tom1122 said:

BUMP

Is there any further developments with getting an E902 back on the streets?

This message from TRAMS was sent back in September 2018:

Quote

I'm sorry to have to inform you that our effort to bring home an E902 will now be abandonned. 

Our President, Dale Laird, has been working tirelessly to bring back an example of the iconic Vancouver trolleybuses. Unfortunately, he has encountered two major stumbling blocks. First, the lack of a direct shipping route to Vancouver increases the cost and complexity of the operation. While Dale was attempting to secure a shipper, he learned that the transit operator has disposed of the vehicles at auction. While he was able to track some of the dispositions, the difficulty of obtaining shipping in a timely manner prevented making an offer to those buyers he knew of.

I haven't heard any new updates about it since then. 😢

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 11:44 PM, fp252 said:

This message from TRAMS was sent back in September 2018:

I haven't heard any new updates about it since then. 😢

At least one of those dispositions is allegedly preserved by a railway/trolleybus museum in Argentina, so we could at least travel there to see a working E900 (if it works, that is).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...