exo/contractor bus sightings (was: CIT Sightings)

• 2 weeks later...

March 6, 2014

I spotted a Vicinity on Champlain Bridge heading to the South Shore just before PM rush. I saw it quickly but noticed it was in a livery with some green I couldn't identify. There was a fleet number in the current Transdev format starting with 6000. The destination sign was set to Bonne Journée.

March 8, 2014

Transdev CITSO 397333 a 2003 Orion V was in service last night on the 31 or 32. It was the first time I've seen an Orion since they took delivery of their new LFS.

• 3 weeks later...

Made some CITCRC observations this morning at Stationnement incitatif Chambly. Did not note the numbers. They seemed to have a shortage, among other troubles (like car accidents on A-10 delaying returns).

Ex-Saint-Jean Dupont Victoria seen on local routes

Ex-Saint-Jean RTS 30' seen on route 401

MicroBird on route 400

Yaxing Vicinity ex-demo 6000233 on routes 10, 11 and 13

100_0030-mod_zps9a323abc.jpg

Made some CITCRC observations this morning at Stationnement incitatif Chambly. Did not note the numbers. They seemed to have a shortage, among other troubles (like car accidents on A-10 delaying returns).

Ex-Saint-Jean Dupont Victoria seen on local routes

Ex-Saint-Jean RTS 30' seen on route 401

MicroBird on route 400

Yaxing Vicinity ex-demo 6000233 on routes 10, 11 and 13

100_0030-mod_zps9a323abc.jpg

VERY nice thx for sharing, is this the ex-demo or an acutal production unit? Thx

Did you read the description that he posted along with the photo?

Sorry my bad@_@ the question should be is it the same demo that was on loan to SURF(CIT Laurentides), with two tones green stripes on the sides before?! That would be awesome if someone can provide a ViN # on it thx@@

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite a CIT, but still, here's Veolia Saint-Jean 3008253, a 201? 32-foot Orion VII. Quite a rare specimen in Québec. It is numbered as a full-length urban bus (3xxx253), although it is more of a midi (thus could be numbered 6xxx253). It was parked near the IGA on Boulevard du Séminaire. Sorry for the quality, the picture was taken with my phone.

20140502_201054_zpsccea0c1c.jpg

Some sighting's from CITL at Ste Therese station:

The last two classics 686214 and 698214 both in service. There's a ex-STM 1st gen 694218 in new CITL livery as well as an RTS 641210 in the new livery!

i saw 394218 in new scheme at the garage last time as well, but didn't see the new scheme RTS, can you share a photo of that here if possible? Thx

• 4 weeks later...

La Quebecoise is down to only CIT Le Richelain and some small charter services. Things aren't good for them and will only get worse as I bet they will lose the Le Richelain contract for transit service in La Prairie, St Constant and St Philippe soon.

La Québecoise took the PLUMobile contract last year from the hands of the Auger monopoly.

Ridership went up by 31% in 2013; they started to operate a suburban service in Québec city with a used suburban LFS they transferred from CITSV :o (Auger still operates white/commercial schoolbuses and minis on the other suburb systems)

While it is not as extensive as the CITs system, Québec suburban transit, currently exploding with ridership and demand skyrocketing, is interesting to reorient one's bus business in harsh times.

La Quebecoise is down to only CIT Le Richelain and some small charter services. Things aren't good for them and will only get worse as I bet they will lose the Le Richelain contract for transit service in La Prairie, St Constant and St Philippe soon.

La Quebecoise bought out Swiftrans not too long ago

La Québecoise took the PLUMobile contract last year from the hands of the Auger monopoly.

Ridership went up by 31% in 2013; they started to operate a suburban service in Québec city with a used suburban LFS they transferred from CITSV :o (Auger still operates white/commercial schoolbuses and minis on the other suburb systems)

While it is not as extensive as the CITs system, Québec suburban transit, currently exploding with ridership and demand skyrocketing, is interesting to reorient one's bus business in harsh times.

for the suburban service in Quebec City you mention, is it a scheduled transit service that operates monday to friday? Moreover how many buses were used on that service and what's the # for that ex-CITSV LFS being used? Thx