It seems that Transbus got their hands on what looks like an ex-Miway EZ Rider II MAX.  I assume it's for Presqu'ile as I saw it in ile-Perrot this afternoon.  Anyone know if they've obtained others...?

exo Haut St-Laurent/Dufresne have gotten a couple new buses for the service, a condition on the recent contract they obtained after fighting the original agreement sending the exo HSL services to Transdev.

Seen today at Terminus Mansfield

3102, 3103, 3122, 3181. All are new Prevost H3-45s. I believe 3103 is an ex-Prevost demo based off the former fleet number and placement of said fleet number on the bus. Former # is 1692.

exo Sud-Ouest 8069(33)1 is the allo exo livery on the 28B

23 hours ago, MTL66 said:

exo Haut St-Laurent/Dufresne have gotten a couple new buses for the service, a condition on the recent contract they obtained after fighting the original agreement sending the exo HSL services to Transdev.

Seen today at Terminus Mansfield

3102, 3103, 3122, 3181. All are new Prevost H3-45s. I believe 3103 is an ex-Prevost demo based off the former fleet number and placement of said fleet number on the bus. Former # is 1692.

exo Sud-Ouest 8069(33)1 is the allo exo livery on the 28B

Forgot to mention

Autocar Preference 6769 did a PM Departure on exo Roussillion #100 yesterday afternoon.

exo HSL now has a vicinity to replace that minibus that was doing the small run from downtown via Angrignon.

3182M, photo to follow soon

5 hours ago, MTL66 said:

exo HSL now has a vicinity to replace that minibus that was doing the small run from downtown via Angrignon.

3182M, photo to follow soon

Ok. Sightings, sightings, sightings.  But...any particular reason why?  

Recent media articles indicate that vehicle type is a factor in determining who gets awarded the transport contract (one wants to run an intercity coach, the other wants to run a modified school bus).

A minibus is fast, reliable, easy to drive and very economical for a city or contractor to operate.  It rides rough, even when equipped with optional air springs.  But no one wants to ride that!

A Vicinity is comfortable, spacious, soft-riding, quiet and good-looking.  Now people want to ride that.  My gripes is that it accelerates slowly because the Vicinity (9.2 tonnes) has a pickup truck engine (220 hp Cummins ISB) and weighs as much as a Fishbowl (9.4 tonnes).

If this is actually the case here, please let me know!

3 hours ago, Jack 47 said:

Ok. Sightings, sightings, sightings.  But...any particular reason why?  

Recent media articles indicate that vehicle type is a factor in determining who gets awarded the transport contract (one wants to run an intercity coach, the other wants to run a modified school bus).

A minibus is fast, reliable, easy to drive and very economical for a city or contractor to operate.  It rides rough, even when equipped with optional air springs.  But no one wants to ride that!

A Vicinity is comfortable, spacious, soft-riding, quiet and good-looking.  Now people want to ride that.  My gripes is that it accelerates slowly because the Vicinity (9.2 tonnes) has a pickup truck engine (220 hp Cummins ISB) and weighs as much as a Fishbowl (9.4 tonnes).

If this is actually the case here, please let me know!

At the time CITHSL put out a statement stating that that particular run the ridership was too low to do the service with a full coach. It was replaced with a modified school bus, that Dufresne used on Charter Service and then replaced by a Ford Minibus. The new contract signed for exo HSL called for a fleet of new vehicules with an average age of no more than 7.5 years if I remember correctly.

From what I could determine when the bus left the Terminal, there were no more than 3 people on board. It makes sense to run a smaller bus on a departure with low ridership. The bus does make a stop at Angrignon before heading to Ormstown and the few times I saw the departure from Angrignon, no more than 3 people boarded at the stop. This departure is 1 of the first ones done at the start of Rush Hour around 15h30, most office workers finish between 16:00 and 18:00.

Saw exo Presqu'ile's Eldorado EZ rider on Boul. de la Gare this afternoon, I suspect finishing the afternoon run on route 15.  It's definitely an ex MiWay,  can't miss that ISL/Voith sound.

Very interesting news and sighting, thank you! The transit scene in the Suroit region is getting better by the day!

On 9/4/2018 at 7:33 PM, rgilmtl said:

Transdev Chateauguay 6030 (route 33) drove into a ditch today to avoid a moped. No injuries reported.

What is with exo SO and their vicinities hitting the ditch!

Was in Vaudreuil this afternoon.  I saw the ex-MiWay Eldorado and the 2nd gen LFS on route 7.  It would be nice if they had working destination signs...  352 (NF MIDIbus) was on Route 51 at 5:08 pm.  That bus also didn't have an active destination sign.

And I also saw a CITSO 4th gen LFS on route 99... which is normally a cutaway run.

hello...

Does the CRT Lanaudière counts as a CIT?

Also, the CRTL (Transport - MRC de Joliette) uses C2's on route 32 (the 31 got abolished...), 34 and 131-138 (thats one route, not 2 lol), and it uses MCI on the 50 and the 125... they also use a Midi on the 35.

32: St-Michel-des-Saints <-> Joliette

34: Rawdon <-> Joliette (Week only) 

35: St-Lin-Laurentides <-> St-Jérôme

50 Local: Joliette <-> Montréal via Ste-Marie-Salomée

50 Express: Joliette <-> Montréal via Lavaltrie

125: Montréal <-> St-Donat

131-138: Joliette <-> Berthierville

2 hours ago, rgilmtl said:

Why would a Transdev vehicle be numbered "810819"? It was on SJSR 96E on Wednesday night. In regular SJSR livery and regular Transdev logos.

Seems to be a new numbering scheme for Transdev. There are many buses in this format, so far just at SJSR. This seem to have eliminated the division number and decided to put the last 2 years of the year. My guess is with the 2019 order, their numbering scheme would no longer work with having 1999, 2009 and 2019 buses.

307218 - 2018 LFS

810719 - 2019 Prevost

210819 - 2019 ?Prevost?

• Like 1