exo/contractor bus sightings (was: CIT Sightings)

This could be true, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Most of Boston (MBTA) New Looks that were 40ft long and even the 35ft models had double stream exit doors like Montreal's New Look. The Limocar New Looks we saw yesterday had no rear door (it was filled), BUT there originally was a rear door on them and it was single stream. Also, they had rear AC pods.

Okay thanks. I can't figure out Saint-Bruno numbering scheme!

Steve & Alex,

Those Limocar new looks came from New York. Steinway and Queens Transit. Somewhere I have the VIN's and former fleet numbers. Limocar covered the centre door and put a seat in its' place. Limocar also had some former RTL (then STRSM) 8-2xx series buses which were numbered higher than the ex NY units (9026B0 and up). Will have to find the files.

Cheers!

Bob H.

• 1 month later...

Did some CIT fanning with our buddy Alex this morning and early afternoon...

First ride on CIT Chambly-Richelieu-Carignan was aboard a MCI coach on route 100 from TCV to the park and ride in Chambly. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't note the number but it was a 1997 MCI 102DL3, either 48301, 48401, or 48501. We were the only guys on board.

At the Auto Parc we saw 286C01 which is in CRC livery but surprisingly is not on the roster on their statistics page. The driver told me the VIN sticker read March 1995 making it a Nova Classic Suburban. The builders plate read that the original fleet number was M695-01. Does anyone know anything about this?

This was followed by a great ride aboard 3150, a January 2002 Orion V Suburban. Note that the livery seen in the following picture has been repainted into the current CRC colours: http://www.citcrc.ca/StaticDownloadFiles/B...ORION5-2002.jpg Alex and I took this bus to Terminus Longueuil via Promenades St-Bruno and there were only a handful of people on the bus.

First ride on CIT Le Richelain with 2768 (September 2006 Nova LFS Suburban) on route 26 with a cracked windshield (apparently like this for a month) followed by a ride on 2560 (July 2005 Nova LFS Surburban) on route 40. They have good LFS buses as proven by the very solid suspension on the Champlain Bridge.

Did some CIT fanning with our buddy Alex this morning and early afternoon...

This was followed by a great ride aboard 3150, a January 2002 Orion V Suburban. Note that the livery seen in the following picture has been repainted into the current CRC colours: http://www.citcrc.ca/StaticDownloadFiles/B...ORION5-2002.jpg Alex and I took this bus to Terminus Longueuil via Promenades St-Bruno and there were only a handful of people on the bus.

First ride on CIT Le Richelain with 2768 (September 2006 Nova LFS Suburban) on route 26 with a cracked windshield (apparently like this for a month) followed by a ride on 2560 (July 2005 Nova LFS Surburban) on route 40. They have good LFS buses as proven by the very solid suspension on the Champlain Bridge.

Too bad about the repaint, do we know if there is anything else still left in the old livery? Personally I have never seen one at any point during my numerous PM rush hours outside TCV.

Cracked windshields seems to be a regular thing at Richelain, the Prevost coach we got at PORT IN THE CITY day, also sported a cracked upper right windshield.

I really don't think that at this point there are any old school liveries. Veolia took care of this a long time ago. I don't remember ever seeing the old livery in the flesh.

I also saw the AMT decal coach bus on Autoroute 10 passing Chevrier this afternoon and again on the Bonaventure which means that your chances are good to see this bus on CIT Roussillon. I never get to take down the fleet number darnit!

Also 661(XX)1 as 300 St-Hyacinthe at PM rush, rare for CITVR to send 1991 MCI Classic suburbans to TCV in my estimation. I rarely see these buses at TCV or Longueuil and I thought they mostly ran local. Very cool to see these buses!!!!!!!

Happy CIT fanning tomorrow kids!

• 2 weeks later...

MRC les Moulins just got a new LFS and according to someone that rides this system and lives out in Terrebonne on the other forum, they will be receiving 2 new LFS's per month to replace all remaining Orion V's. I guess now or this spring is the time to get pics of MRC Les Moulin Orion V's before there all gone!

Corrosion issues perhaps? :-/

Lack of maintenance! And those Orion V will last if they do well maintenance, cause I've seen quite shocking that loose panels and lousy signs!

You've got to be kidding me. They have Orion Vs that are 2000 models and up, perhaps 2004. Perhaps they are looking to sell them.

Ditto.

Capital Autobus will be adding more fleet collection to it, if now the MRCLM will get some money to sell as is condition.

Lack of maintenance! And those Orion V will last if they do well maintenance, cause I've seen quite shocking that loose panels and lousy signs!

Ditto.

Capital Autobus will be adding more fleet collection to it, if now the MRCLM will get some money to sell as is condition.

I still can't get over that they are retiring these buses already, they are brand new!

Wonder who will want rotten to the core, badly maintained Orion V's...

• 4 weeks later...
I still can't get over that they are retiring these buses already, they are brand new! Wonder who will want rotten to the core, badly maintained Orion V's...

I tried to find on the WIKI where the fleet info might be for the CIT Orion V's and had no luck if there is one on there. If so, could someone please post a link to the roster? What are the oldest Orion V's in the CIT fleet anyways? 2000? Or are there earlier ones?

I tried to find on the WIKI where the fleet info might be for the CIT Orion V's and had no luck if there is one on there. If so, could someone please post a link to the roster? What are the oldest Orion V's in the CIT fleet anyways? 2000? Or are there earlier ones?

The following CIT's use Orion V's in regular service: (Brackets is the amount spotted by list members)

MRC Les Moulins (25)

CIT Sud-Ouest (6)

CIT Chambly-Richelieu-Carrignan (5)

CIT Sorel-Varrenes (2)

Sainte-Julie (1)

I only have year information for a handful of them and the oldest is from 2001

521C01 Veolia CIT Chambly-Richelieu-Carignan

19101 Veolia Ville de Sainte-Julie

But both of these haven't been spotted by members since summer 2008.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Be on the look out when your in MRC des Moulins territory! Reports have it that Groupe Gaudreault has recieved the 1st 2009 T-Drive configuration LFS's with full rear window and new headlights (updated front)! The buses are paintd up in Lanau-bus's MRC des Moulins colors! I may check out Henri-B metro one day soon!

I trying to work on a Veolia Roster for Saint-Bruno buses before they stop service next month! It's very hard since they have buses from everywhere. Please help me complete it with year, complete bus number, former unit number from former owner and serial number. Buses with question marks means I'm not sure if the information is right.

27003 1990 MCI Classic 2AUYT82J7L3000079 Ex Limocar CITBL 9053B?

29406 1988 MCI Classic 2G9YT82J8J3024156 Ex Auger 8843 maybe became Viens 47?

32102 1988 MCI Classic 2G9YT82J0J3024152 Ex Auger 8839 maybe became Viens 47?

32302 1994 Nova Classic 2NVYT82J6P3000118 Ex Limocar CITBL 9058B4

33002 1985 GM Classic F3500065 EX STRSM 8-506

33102 2002 Orion V 1VHAV6M2226501830

34204 1990/91 MCI Classic Ex-Limocar ????

34302 1991 MCI Classic 2AUYT82JXM3000157 Ex-Limocar CITVR 9175B0 maybe renumbered to 653301

441?? Transcar Classic

442?? Transcar Classic Ex DDOT GM Classic

44306 Transcar Classic

49102 Orion V

496?? Transcar Classic

51810 TMCI Classic Ex-Connecticut Transit ????

52302 1991 TMCI Classic 2AUYT82J8M3000335 Ex-Connecticut Transit 9173

54602 Nova LFS

55602 Nova LFS

55702 Nova LFS

Be on the look out when your in MRC des Moulins territory! Reports have it that Groupe Gaudreault has recieved the 1st 2009 T-Drive configuration LFS's with full rear window and new headlights (updated front)! The buses are paintd up in Lanau-bus's MRC des Moulins colors! I may check out Henri-B metro one day soon!

So I guess they are the very first customer to have the T-drive configuration then.

I went for a very brief journey to Terrebonne yesterday. Saw a lot of LFS for an area that used to be Orion Only. But none had the full rear (that I was able to notice).

Hopefully, they'll be on the road soon!

Alex

CIT Nut

• 2 weeks later...
I trying to work on a Veolia Roster for Saint-Bruno buses before they stop service next month! It's very hard since they have buses from everywhere. Please help me complete it with year, complete bus number, former unit number from former owner and serial number. Buses with question marks means I'm not sure if the information is right.

27003 1990 MCI Classic Ex Limocar CITBL ????

29406 1988 MCI Classic 2G9YT82J8J3024156 EX Auger 8843

32302 1994 Nova Classic 2NVYT82J6P3000118 Ex Limocar CITBL 9058 .... According to http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/index.html . I was sure it used to be CITVR 9496

33002 1985 GM Classic F3500065 EX STRSM 8-506

34204 1990/91 MCI Classic Ex-Limocar ????

34302 1990/91 Classic Ex-Limocar ????

441?? Transcar Classic

442?? Transcar Classic

44306 Transcar Classic

49102 Orion V

496?? Transcar Classic

51810 TMCI Classic Ex-Connecticut Transit ????

52302 1991 TMCI Classic Ex-Connecticut Transit (According to a previous poster)

54602 Nova LFS

55602 Nova LFS

55702 Nova LFS

????? Orion V (they have a 2nd V but I can't remember the number)

Recently, the following buses ran for Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville.

This list is not exhaustive and any additional information is welcome. All original Classics are scheduled to be retired when the RTL takes over. Orion V, LFS, and Transcar Classics will be transferred to either Sainte-Julie or to the other Veolia division in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.

27003 (MCI Classic Suburban March 1990 - Viens livery) confirmed retired

29406 (MCI Classic Suburban July 1988 ex-Auger - Viens livery) to be retired shortly

29604 (Nova RTS Suburban - Veolia neutral gray livery)

32102 (MCI Classic Suburban July 1988 ex-Auger - Viens livery) confirmed retired

32302 (Nova Classic Suburban - Viens livery) to be retired shortly

33102 (Orion V Suburban - Viens livery)

34302 (MCI Classic Suburban - Veolia neutral gray livery) to be retired shortly

44201 (Transcar Classic Suburban - Veolia neutral gray livery)

44306 (Transcar Classic Suburban - Viens livery)

49606 (Transcar Classic Suburban - Veolia neutral gray livery)

52302 (TMCI Classic ex-Connecticut Transit - Veolia neutral gray livery) to be retired shortly

55602 (Nova LFS - Veolia neutral white livery)

Jeff and I spotted Veolia suburban Classic 286C01 today doing CITCRC route 22 at Terminus Longeuil. Anyone know what year this bus is from? It's got a 6V92TA engine, and standard Classic headlights, which means it's most definitely not a Transcar Classic.

Jeff and I spotted Veolia suburban Classic 286C01 today doing CITCRC route 22 at Terminus Longeuil. Anyone know what year this bus is from? It's got a 6V92TA engine, and standard Classic headlights, which means it's most definitely not a Transcar Classic.

Look on page 4: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=61...mp;#entry242995

At the Auto Parc we saw 286C01 which is in CRC livery but surprisingly is not on the roster on their statistics page. The driver told me the VIN sticker read March 1995 making it a Nova Classic Suburban.