TTC Ride Guide

I was finally able to get a paper copy of the map the other week. A few more things I've caught that seem to have slipped past the proofreaders (do they even have those for maps?):

Mississauga Transit

At the missing Sheridan Mall route box, the 71 is listed as the former 230.

The pointed box nearby showing the 13 and 29+ also includes the 45A which is a rush hour route. Kinda like what they've done on Kingston Rd. east of Queen.

The change may have been made too late for this map, but hopefully it will be noted on the next one, the 15 is now routed into the 407 & Hurontario Carpool lot. Meanwhile the GO parking lot at Square One is missing.

The 19B is still shown as a rush hour route, copying MT's earlier mistake on their maps. (Which have since been corrected, only to have the rush hour segment of the 19A branch show up as regular service despite being indicated as "peak" service on the map.)

It's a tight squeeze, but could they also put in the Living Arts Centre?

General clean-up/consolidation of the "upgraded" and now duplicated route lines: 7/34/35 on Eglinton, 53/65 on Central Pkwy., 1/4/38 on Dundas and Mavis

Brampton Transit

All of the 101 pointed route boxes within Brampton are white (indicating regular service) instead of yellow (indicating express service).

The transit connection point box for Bramalea City Centre shows the 101 as a regular Mississauga Transit route! That's one hell of a detour! Is that Islington to Bramalea or Oakville to Bramalea?!?

This one is a moot point now as it will be scrapped when the next map comes out, but the 77A is operated by BT and offers rush hour/limited service to York U. instead of the regular service indicated.

The 10 is missing a route end point box.

YRT

Why are only rush hour branches with express service highlighted in yellow? The other premium express routes should be highlighted as well.

Why are only certain GO shuttles shown? They are shown (the ones you can see) in Mississauga, Brampton and Durham.

The 86 rush hour extension to Rutherford GO Station is shown as regular service combined with the 85. The whole loop at Thomas Cook & Lebovic Campus doesn't make much sense without that indication.

There is a route end point box for the 91B shown at Richmond Hill Centre, even though it's already listed in the transit connection point box.

The 42 and 85B are shown as regular service instead of rush hour service.

The 224 should be shown as limited service since it's weekend only with the appropriate note.

General clean-up/consolidation of the "upgraded" and now duplicated route lines: shared routing along the 10 and 11, 82/83/86/90 along Elgin Mills, 3/82/90 along Leslie and Don Mills.

GO Transit

It appears that the GO Transit and DRT route boxes are using the same colour. DRT should be a darker shade of green.

TTC

General clean-up/consolidation of the "upgraded" routes from the upgrades made last year.

General comments for the legend box:

BT has express (and according to the TTC limited) routes and should be shown as such.

MT the 30 and 81 no longer exist and should be replaced.

YRT has other routes with limited service. They should switch the 4 with one of those routes. A rgular express route should be used instead of an express branch. Shouldn't rush hour VIVA be shown in black as well with the Pink ang Green routes.

General comments:

When Züm arrives, it would be nice if they showed the "BRT" stops. They don't need to name them, just show where they are.

The downtown enlargement area is not coloured in showing which area of downtown is covered.

How long have the ferry routes to the islands been missing?

The transit connection point boxes could be placed along the side of the map along the York-Durham border just to them clean up a bit. If needed a grid reference for the boxes could be added with the box title.

• 2 weeks later...
YRT

Why are only rush hour branches with express service highlighted in yellow? The other premium express routes should be highlighted as well.

Why are only certain GO shuttles shown? They are shown (the ones you can see) in Mississauga, Brampton and Durham.

The 86 rush hour extension to Rutherford GO Station is shown as regular service combined with the 85. The whole loop at Thomas Cook & Lebovic Campus doesn't make much sense without that indication.

There is a route end point box for the 91B shown at Richmond Hill Centre, even though it's already listed in the transit connection point box.

The 224 should be shown as limited service since it's weekend only with the appropriate note.

General clean-up/consolidation of the "upgraded" and now duplicated route lines: shared routing along the 10 and 11, 82/83/86/90 along Elgin Mills, 3/82/90 along Leslie and Don Mills.

To add:

The 90 is still claimed to serve Seneca King, as there is no end connection box at Elgin West Community Centre.

I would love to see Viva Purple shown using the ramp from Highway 7 to Bathurst Street.

Why is there a random 85B loop on East Beaver Creek just north of Highway 7?

3,B should be 3+.

88 should be 88+ between Elgin West Community Centre and Finch Station.

No 2 end point at 9th Line.

The 8 does not run to Angus Glen anymore.

Viva Green/Purple routing is wrong on Enterprise Blvd. It's supposed to follow Viva Pink's routing to YMCA, then east on YMCA, and north on Kennedy.

2A should not be shown as regular service in my opinion.

13 should be rush hours only north of Napa Valley.

6 still shows on Pine Valley, even though it's been cancelled for years now.

For GO, 51 does not serve east of the 404. It heads south on 404 and east on 401 into STC.

• 1 month later...

With Züm set to launch later this month it seems both YRT and TTC will run into problems differentiating BT's Züm service from regular TTC service. Hopefully the added line weight and the Züm "bubble" as with VIVA should be enough. If not, how should this particular problem be resolved? The next round of Ride Guides are still a few months away right?

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if there are new Ride Guides available now? I spotted someone at the Union Station Bus Terminal reading a Ride Guide with a blue cover of some sort. I don't know if it was one of the translated Ride Guides or if in fact its a new one as I couldn't get a good look from where I was standing. The new Guides should have Züm, 199, the 145 extension and the elimination of 32B and the Dufferin Jog reflected among other things. The online maps still haven't been updated either to reflect these changes.

Does anyone know if there are new Ride Guides available now? I spotted someone at the Union Station Bus Terminal reading a Ride Guide with a blue cover of some sort. I don't know if it was one of the translated Ride Guides or if in fact its a new one as I couldn't get a good look from where I was standing. The new Guides should have Züm, 199, the 145 extension and the elimination of 32B and the Dufferin Jog reflected among other things. The online maps still haven't been updated either to reflect these changes.

I stopped by the TTC HQ at Davisville Station on Nov. 18 and they still had the June 2010 Ride Guide, along with two Fall 2009 multilingual versions.

• 2 weeks later...
I stopped by the TTC HQ at Davisville Station on Nov. 18 and they still had the June 2010 Ride Guide, along with two Fall 2009 multilingual versions.

The new Ride Guide is available on the TTC site today. Immediately of note:

TTC: The addition of the 199 Rocket, the 53A Steeles East extension south into Morningside Heights, the end of the 32B, 145A extension to Royal York, 29 Dufferin now through at Queen St.

Brampton: 501/A added as a red solid and red/pink dash for 501A; re-routings and new Bramalea terminal. 501/A shown as the BT express route in legend.

York: 22A

Mississauga: New MiWay logo.

http://www3.ttc.ca/Routes/General_Informat...Maps/System.jsp

YRT errors spotted:

2 - The MSH extension routing is still unconfirmed. At last check they're planning to go all the way up 9th Line.

2 - The Milliken GO diversion has been discontinued for a while now.

2A - The Riverwalk loop is an all day. It's currently listed as rush hour only.

11 - Should be rush hour only, currently listed as a full branch.

42 - Should be rush hour only, currently listed as a full branch.

85+ Route uses Rutherford Road to enter Vaughan Mills, not Jane.

85B - Should be rush hour only, currently listed as a full branch at the east end and a limited branch at the west end.

85B - There is no loop at Beaver Creek and Highway 7 that the route uses.

88 - Should be 88+ south of Elgin West CC.

90+ - No routing on Fairview Mall Drive.

Viva Green - No routing on Fairview Mall Drive.

Has anyone been keeping track of the errors submitted earlier in the thread, i.e. which ones remain on the latest edition?

-ed

Here's the list from the last map. If it's got a then it's been dealt with:

I was finally able to get a paper copy of the map the other week. A few more things I've caught that seem to have slipped past the proofreaders (do they even have those for maps?):

Mississauga Transit

At the missing Sheridan Mall route box, the 71 is listed as the former 230.

The pointed box nearby showing the 13 and 29+ also includes the 45A which is a rush hour route. Kinda like what they've done on Kingston Rd. east of Queen.

The change may have been made too late for this map, but hopefully it will be noted on the next one, the 15 is now routed into the 407 & Hurontario Carpool lot. Meanwhile the GO parking lot at Square One is missing.

The 19B is still shown as a rush hour route, copying MT's earlier mistake on their maps. (Which have since been corrected, only to have the rush hour segment of the 19A branch show up as regular service despite being indicated as "peak" service on the map.)

It's a tight squeeze, but could they also put in the Living Arts Centre?

General clean-up/consolidation of the "upgraded" and now duplicated route lines:

7/34/35 on Eglinton,

53/65 on Central Pkwy., 1/4/38 on Dundas and Mavis

The 27 is still shown as express west of Mavis.

Brampton Transit

All of the 101 pointed route boxes within Brampton are white (indicating regular service) instead of yellow (indicating express service).

The transit connection point box for Bramalea City Centre shows the 101 as a regular Mississauga Transit route! That's one hell of a detour! Is that Islington to Bramalea or Oakville to Bramalea?!?

This one is a moot point now as it will be scrapped when the next map comes out, but the 77A is operated by BT and offers rush hour/limited service to York U. instead of the regular service indicated. The YRT logo is still shown in the connection point box.

The 10 is missing a route end point box.

The 101 is missing a route end point box.

YRT

The 86 rush hour extension to Rutherford GO Station is shown as regular service combined with the 85.

The whole loop at Thomas Cook & Lebovic Campus doesn't make much sense without that indication.

GO Transit

It appears that the GO Transit and DRT route boxes are using the same colour. DRT should be a darker shade of green.

Why are the individual routes serving Square One not listed in the transit connection point box?

TTC

General clean-up/consolidation of the "upgraded" routes from the upgrades made last year.

BT has express (and according to the TTC, limited) routes and should be shown as such.

The 15A shown as limited service is barely visible on the map. Why not use the 31 instead?

MT the 30 and 81 no longer exist and should be replaced.

YRT has other routes with limited service. They should switch the 4 with one of those routes. A regular express route should be used instead of an express branch. Shouldn't rush hour VIVA be shown in black as well with the Pink ang Green routes.

General comments:

When Züm arrives, it would be nice if they showed the "BRT" stops. They don't need to name them, just show where they are.

The downtown enlargement area is not coloured in showing which area of downtown is covered.

How long have the ferry routes to the islands been missing?

The transit connection point boxes could be placed along the side of the map along the York-Durham border just to them clean up a bit. If needed a grid reference for the boxes could be added with the box title.

To add (YRT):

The 90 is still claimed to serve Seneca King, as there is no end connection box at Elgin West Community Centre.

I would love to see Viva Purple shown using the ramp from Highway 7 to Bathurst Street.

3,B should be 3+.

88 should be 88+ between Elgin West Community Centre and Finch Station.

The 8 does not run to Angus Glen anymore.

Viva Green/Purple routing is wrong on Enterprise Blvd. It's supposed to follow Viva Pink's routing to YMCA, then east on YMCA, and north on Kennedy.

2A should not be shown as regular service in my opinion.

13 should be rush hours only north of Napa Valley.

6 still shows on Pine Valley, even though it's been cancelled for years now.

For GO, 51 does not serve east of the 404. It heads south on 404 and east on 401 into STC.

It looks like YRT received the least amount of attention given the number of errors which made it onto this version. Given that the map won't be available until January since it reflects those changes, would it still be possible to make some of the corrections identified here?

One additional oversight: the portion of the 41E running on Weston Rd. is shown as rush hour service instead. The 96E is shown as express when it deviates along Elmhurst (why do the other branches serve Hinton?).

Yes, I believe Wellesley is marked as Transfer Required on all the media.

Probably marked that way because a transfer is needed for the 97B.

That's what I had thought too -- but the 97B also runs past Rosedale in the same fashion, and it is not marked T.

That's what I had thought too -- but the 97B also runs past Rosedale in the same fashion, and it is not marked T.

If Wellesley was marked with a T because of 97B then every station along Yonge St should have one as well since 97 doesn't enter any terminal except for Davisville IIRC and Finch. Finch would still need a T since none of the 97's enter when going southbound.

Wellesley Station was always done erroneously since the T ish happened. If the station has a terminal that can allow for surface vehicles and require generally no proof of payment to transfer to the subway RT network (or other connecting surface routes, where available), it does not require a T status on it. Those stations do not need a "T" even as surface vehicles that CAN connect with some sort of proof of payment, but don't service into the terminal itself.

At one point on the map, the subway strip that showed all the connecting routes always has a small T along the specific routes that required POP.

For example, at York Mills Station:

It has a terminal where a handful of routes service it, notably the 97A and 97D. But the 97, 97B and 97C branches still require POP for you, Dear, Passenger, to reach in the terminal/subway where a "T" would show for them. Does that require that York Mills Station receive a T Status? No.

Therefore, Wellesley should NOT have a T except for beside the 97 in the Connecting Routes Box. They missed this one, unless there's something i'm completely missing here.

• 2 months later...

I've been meaning to post this for a while. It's a quick stitch up as the panels weren't perfectly aligned when they were scanned. It's a coloured Ride Guide for World Youth Day in 2002. I kinda wish that the TTC had kept some of the features of the map (colouring, plus identifying hospitals with a blue H).

TTC_WYD_cover.bmp

TTC_WYD_Front.pdf

TTC_WYD_cover.bmp

TTC_WYD_Front.pdf

TTC_WYD_cover.bmp

TTC_WYD_Front.pdf

TTC_WYD_cover.bmp

TTC_WYD_Front.pdf

TTC_WYD_cover.bmp

TTC_WYD_Front.pdf

• 4 months later...

Received the new June 2011 Ride Guide this evening from a colleague and I must say the cover is quite interesting. Its basically white and red with the words "Turning 90 The TTC since 1921" All the service cuts seem to be correct but I am sure there are errors which I have yet to find. Inside you will find a picture of Queen/Yonge in 1921 and below a new TR.

Received the new June 2011 Ride Guide this evening from a colleague and I must say the cover is quite interesting. Its basically white and red with the words "Turning 90 The TTC since 1921" All the service cuts seem to be correct but I am sure there are errors which I have yet to find. Inside you will find a picture of Queen/Yonge in 1921 and below a new TR.

My access timed out writing this post:

There's a new Ride Guide both online and in print dated June 2011. The cover commemorates the TTC's 90th anniversary this year. Most notably the subway map has gone from a black background to white.

Here's the nitpicker's list from the last map:

MiWay

The 61 is shown as southbound only on Mavis south of Central Pkwy.

The two westernmost 89 pointed boxes don't indicate the rush hour direction. There there are two at the Airport Corporate Centre which aren't coloured yellow or indicate rush hour direction.

16A is missing from the Westwood Mall Connection Point box.

I'm conflicted over how to depict the 59. It makes one trip during the AM rush hour. Does that constitute rush hour or limited service?

General clean-up/consolidation of the "upgraded" and now duplicated route lines:

53/65 on Central Pkwy., 1/4/38/44 at Dundas and Cedarglen and Dundas and Mavis

The 27 is still shown as express west of Mavis.

The 102 and 202 as well as 107 and 109 should be included together in a single pointed box where each pair of routes shares common routing. (The TTC's 191 and 192 should too.)

The 110 and 109 on the 403 west of Square One are shown as two separate lines.

The 109 is shown as operating out of Square One (even though that doesn't start until July) but the routing change for it and the 107 running along Rathburn is not reflected.

On that note, will the 91 make an appearance in the next map, as limited service to Dundas since it only runs on weekends and holidays?

Should the seasonal 88 WONDERLAND route be shown? Identified as such that is.

Brampton Transit

The YRT logo is still shown in the Connection Point box for Bramalea City Centre.

The 2 is missing a route end point box at the 407/Hurontario carpool lot. Since MiWay ang GO Transit also stop there should it get a Connection Point box?

The 101 is missing a route end point box at Pearson.

Should the 66 WONDERLAND route be shown? Identified as such that is.

YRT

The 86 rush hour extension to Rutherford GO Station is shown as regular service combined with the 85.

There is a route end point box for the 91B shown at Richmond Hill Centre, even though it's already listed in the Connection Point box.

The 90 has no end point box at Elgin West Community Centre.

It would would be nice to see Viva Purple shown using the ramp from Highway 7 to Bathurst Street.

The 3,B should be 3+.

The 88 should be 88+ between Elgin West Community Centre and Finch Station.

The 13 should be rush hours only north of Napa Valley.

The 6 still shows on Pine Valley, even though it's been cancelled for years now.

GO Transit

Why are the individual routes serving Square One not listed in the transit connection point box?

The 51 is shown as two-way along both the 401 and Morningside between Morningside and Hwy. 2A, but is shown as westbound only on Hwy. 2A.

The 29 runs north on City Centre to Rathburn instead of using the 19 and 21's routing around Square One.

The Downtown enlargement is missing the routes exiting the Union Station Bus Terminal.

TTC

The temporary removal of the 6A last February hasn't made it onto the map yet.

Isn't the 28A a seasonal extension? It's not identified as such.

They've finally removed the red T from Wellesley station.

BT has express (and according to the TTC, limited) routes and should be shown as such.

The 15A shown as limited service is barely visible on the map. Why not use the 31 instead?

YRT has other routes with rush hour and express service. YRT is the only agency where branch/lettered routes (the nature of the 2A is another matter) are used in the legend.

General comments:

It would be nice if they showed the "BRT" (VIVA and Züm) stops. They don't need to name them, just show where they are. Should these be added as a 5th column in the surface route categories? You could conceivably include the streetcar rapid transit route in that column.

TTC

Isn't the 28A a seasonal extension? It's not identified as such.

IIRC, they extended the service to operate year round.

Some errors I found:

- No + next to 30 along Dundas and High Park to indicate that 30B also serves that section of the route.

- The route number along Stephen Dr is shown as 66 rather than 66A as it should be.

- 406 is not listed in the box along the bottom for Main Street Station.